2020-04-03 07:33:31

hi everybody,
i am using the netflix through it's official site.
recently i try to search some items in netflix but the search button was not clickable and i changed NVDA from brows mode  to
document mode by using the NVDA plus space key
and it showed up a edit box where i can type my search query but after   typing the search term i was not able to get the result  so how can i fix that and search in netflix.
along with that how can i find  only the  audio described content, i want to find audio described content in other language except english.
note: i am using netflix through it's official website and  not running any apps

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff

2020-05-19 13:15:32 (edited by rayshow 2020-05-19 13:24:24)

I'm disappointed in Netflix.

Netflix is poor for films and good for series

Its also good because you get screens so 4 screens for $13 so share the costs around friends- not strictly within the rules as its for family but they dont seem to care. For movies you can use other movies streaming sites

2021-04-17 19:29:47 (edited by Nikole234 2021-04-17 19:31:13)

I personally like Netflix. I watch tv series mostly there. To be honest, I've never used Netflix through its official site. But I found the way to watch it on Firestick. It is convenient. In case someone also wants to have access to this channel on Firestick, here is a good guide https://www.firesticktricks.com/netflix … stick.html.

2021-04-17 19:44:37

Honestly, I once tried searching something through their official website and it was not very accessible with JAWS.
I would recommend the IOS app if you have an Idevice, I don't know about the android app as I don't use Android.
About audio description, there should be a filter to search for audio descriptions. But I don't know if you can filter that one by language.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-17 21:59:13

Netflix doesn't have all of South Park. Nuff said. That makes or brakes a service.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-17 23:02:44

@Krantacari, Although I use Netflix, I only ever use it through Apple TV or more often  through the app on my iPhone, the iPhone app is really good though regarding accessibility. As for finding audio described titles, they have a webpage which shows all their audio described titles. On that same page there is a link to view all foreign  described   Movies and TV series too. I’ll put the link to the main audio described page below which shows all the English described movies and TV shows, but just click the foreign described link on that page if you want to also view foreign described titles.
@Minionslayer,  yeah agreed, I love that Netflix recently audio described south park, but gutted they only have about four seasons.  Although I do also have an amazon prime  video account where they have all 20+ series, it’s just a shame prime don't describe any of the series, although I’ll watch it without audio description, would be great if Netflix got the full collection and audio described them, especially as some of the older series have the best episodes, although give me anything with butters and professor chaos and I’m a happy man hahaha.

Netflix  link below to all their audio described titles:
http://www.acb.org/adp/netflixad.html

Paul Lemm

2021-04-17 23:22:53

@lemm, I could talk about South Park all day! I like the whole, in School, with Chef and Butters approach. The KFC scene is pretty funny too. Come on Cartman, the skin was the best part of the chicken. To save myself from rambling, I'll restrain myself there, cause as I said, I could literally talk about South Park non-stop. Fortunately my family also has a Prime account for Amazon, but I find their app layout and navigation is far inferior to that of Netflix. They also have repeats for some seasons, which is weird, and South Park, but censored? No no  that just won't do! Censored South Park is like an egg sandwich without the seasoning, and I firmly stand by my I could also by the seasons directly from Amazon for some reason, if I really wanted to.
I don't know why Netflix don't have South Park; seems like an obvious paring to me.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-18 00:05:46

@minionslayer, I’m with you all the way, I could chat south park for ages, it’s so wrong, but yet so good at the same time, south park  is definitely one of my guilty pleasures hahaha, the movie is excellent too. I agree though, although prime  video is accessible, Netflix is just so much better laid out and quicker  and easier to access. I didn’t realise prime censored south park though, it seems kind of crazy to put up a show like south park, but then censor it, I’m sorry but it’s just not south park if its censored. I’ve only ever watched one season on prime, as I already have  all series up to I think 17, then Netflix described everything from 19 onwards, so I’ve only ever watched season 18 through prime, I can’t believe I didn’t spot it was censored though, although I tend to only watch episodes here and there, but often it’s at the very end of the day as a wind down before sleeping, so obviously my tired mind somehow must have just tuned out to the fact it was censored.

Paul Lemm

2021-04-18 00:31:37

I've also had trouble with Netflix both in the official app and on the website. When I search for a movie, I rarely can actually get to the movie. I'll click on the result I'll want and it'll display that stupid "titles related to..." page. And though it creates a dialog to allow me to play the movie I really want to watch, it makes it vanish really quickly. The related titles problem happens in the official windows 10 app too -- I open it, search for a movie, and click on the one I want, and I can't actually find any way of playing it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-18 19:50:34

@lemm, That, and the ads! Oh god, the ads! In fairness, nothing will/can ever beat YouTube in terms of ad quantity, but the fact that ads play almost after every episode ( especially the fact that an Amazon Prime subscription was payed for), just feels... I dunno, but I don't like it!

2021-04-18 21:28:07

@Ethin, I haven't come across that issue before, when you say an app, is it on android or iOS? I’ve not tried the android version, but the one on iOS works fine, I did try watching Netflix via the web once, but it wasn’t great to navigate, so I just decided to keep watching through my phone instead, then just hooked that up to my smart speakers for a better sound quality and to make it feel less like watching through a phone.
@Minionslayer, that’s odd about adds on prime, although I don’t often watch prime, I’m pretty sure when I do that I don’t get adds. maybe it’s a regional thing, I’m over in the UK, so maybe  we don’t get the adds over here. It’s been a while since I watched anything on prime though, so maybe I’m wrong, I’ll have to check out a south park episode later tonight and see if I get adds or not.

Paul Lemm

2021-04-18 21:39:01

@lemm, I'm also in the UK, so I'm not sure what that's all about.

2021-04-19 00:02:19

@11, its the windows 10 app from the MS store. I haven't tried it on Android.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-19 20:31:09

@Minionslayer, so I checked out an episode of south park last night through prime, I definitely didn’t get any adds, it just started playing the episode, no adds during the episode, then when it finished, the next episode automatically started directly afterwards, again with no adds. Didn’t realise you were in the UK too, but that makes it really weird as to why one of us is getting adds and the other not, the other odd thing, whilst I was watching the episode last night, there wasn’t any censoring, or at least not that I noticed. Maybe they censored some stuff I didn’t realise, but throughout the episode there were as usual a ton of F bombs dropped all over the show and  none of those were censored out.

Paul Lemm