2021-04-10 02:07:15

Hmmm, I like the idea of that summon ability. It gives me an idea of how I can incorporate the two lead characters' familiars into battles without necessarily having to always have them in the party. The only possible problem I see with it is that both Luke and Samantha might be able to summon each other's familiars which I wouldn't necessarily want. Then again, it wouldn't be entirely out of keeping with the story that both Luke and Sami could earn the respect of each other's creature companions so that they might allow either to summon them.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2021-04-10 11:53:16

hi
@lem
I read an updated changelog of what I can say is an amazing job.

2021-04-10 22:57:42

@Brian, please to hear you liked the change log I posted yesterday. As for the summon ability, you could always create two separate summon abilities, with each one summoning a different familiar. providing your two characters are both two different class’s  you could then assign each of them a different summon, that way they would only be able to summon their own familiars  into battle.
@Toto,  thanks for the kind words, really pleased to hear you liked all the additions and alterations in the recent change log.
@Dan_Gero, I appreciate you didn’t post recently, so not sure if you’ll see this or not, but it was just to say I took your advice and added an FAQ to post 1 in this topic, just covering a few of the key points that frequently get asked here. I haven’t  put loads of points on there, only the main things I often get asked, but if other questions keep frequently coming up I can add those there too. Although I’m sure it won’t completely stop the same questions being asked over (and over and over loll), hopefully it at least  cuts down on the amount that do come through. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for a good idea.

Paul Lemm

2021-04-10 23:18:40

No problem Paul! smile Yes, I know I don't post here a lot, but I like to monitor the topic for updates so I've seen a good majority of the posts. Pleased you liked the suggestion, and best wishes as always.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-13 02:29:26

Hmmm, now that's something I never even thought of. Luke and Sam would indeed be different classes. Luke is basically a straight Mage, although I'm giving serious consideration to giving him his own unique class, Enchanter erhaps, since he'd have access to normal Mage spells and his two summons, while Samantha would be a Sage, having access to Mage, Clerical and Summon spells.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2021-04-16 22:08:38

Hi everyone,

yesterday I finished my testing on enemies and classes and posted a new Sable change log  on our website, for anyone interested I’ll post the link to the new change log below. That completes my testing of the More RPG based side of Sable, so just two more testing sections to go, which is event triggers which I’m working on next  which I’m hoping to have   complete by the end of next week, then just one final section to test which is map creation, which although sounds like a big job, should be fairly quick due to the amount of testing I  frequently do whilst creating test maps in Sable, so hopefully that last section will only take a couple of weeks and then I’m finally done testing. For a small Crimson Eclipse update,  the game design team  have finally finished all the design work on paper for Crimson Eclipse, last week they began inputting  all of this information and started adding everything into Sable, all the status affects went in last week, this week they have been adding abilities, next they will be inputting all their enemies for Crimson Eclipse. They did post about this on our Facebook earlier, but I thought I’d share the news here, I’m actually really excited to see all their design work  for Crimson Eclipse  which they’ve been working on (which is currently spread out across many many text documents and spreadsheet pages), finally start to be added into Sable to bring the game to life. anyway, as promised a link to the new Sable change log for version 1.4.4 is below:

https://ebonskystudios.com/Sable-changelog/

Paul Lemm

2021-04-16 22:27:38

hi lem
great news
I'm looking forward to having a game in my hands.

2021-04-17 00:37:09

Yeah I saw that post on Facebook earlier and looked at the change log. Most impressive. And although it's redudant, I definitely can't wait to get my grubby little paws on both these projects. In the meantime I suppose I ought to get serious about the pen and paper stuff so to speak, so that I can hopefully start inputting stuff into Sable once it's available and I've purchased it. Of course there's still going to be the matter of music, SFX and voice actors but we can see about that when the time comes.

2021-04-17 01:12:41

@toto, pleased to hear you are excited about the game, I’m actually really excited to now start to see the game design team begin to enter all their design work into Sable and I look forward to watching them bring Crimson Eclipse to life as everything gets input.
@Brian, pleased to hear you liked the post on FB from the game design  team earlier today, also really pleased to hear you liked the alterations/additions in the change log I posted yesterday. it was smaller than previous change log entries, but good to iron out a few more issues, I also personally liked the new addition for creating items like books with multiple pages.

Paul Lemm

2021-04-17 01:36:30

Hey Paul!!

I'm excited for both!! Thank you for changelog!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-04-17 05:05:42

Yeah, the book thing makes me think of A Hero's Call and how you could sometimes unlock or advance quests by reading books.

2021-04-17 11:36:37

@dragons, pleased you liked yesterdays change log, also great to see you still so excited about both Crimson Eclipse and Sable too.
@Brian, I was actually thinking about the books in a hero’s call when I coded this in, it was a feature I liked in AHC. Another reason for adding it, is the old system of having everything in a book read in one go was fine for all the little test books I’d created in Sable  whilst testing, but I realised that if creators wanted their books to contain a lot of information, for things like progressing storyline, or filling in details about in game la or furthering backstory, then having  everything read out in one go in some huge sprawling text monolog would seem incredibly awkward, so adding multiple pages seemed an obvious solution. it was a really simple alteration too, since I just reused the same code I already had for event trigger quests and npc dialog lines, so there wasn’t really any additional coding required, it was just a simple case of adding the function into the item class and a couple of small tweaks and we then had books with multiple pages.

Paul Lemm

2021-04-17 19:19:35

These are pretty awesome news Paul. Keep up the awesome work

2021-04-17 21:29:44

WOOT WOOT! CAN'T WAIT FOR BOTH! Totally doing a first time play-through of Crimson eclipse when it's released. let's hope i don't forget to save part two. lol

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2021-04-17 23:21:34

@Seb and Naruto, thanks for the positive comments, pleased to hear you liked the Crimson news, its really motivating to see people  like you and others here in the topic still so excited about Sable too. so as ever, thanks to everyone for the continued support

Paul Lemm

2021-04-18 12:23:02

hey all.
first of all, ebon sky studios, thanks so much for making this.
not only is the fact of making rpgs without coding so great, but the sable interface is amazing.
I only have one suggestion, can you please add a key which, when you press it, takes you to a list of all the keys in the engine?
the engine has lot's of keys, and having to go to an external document to find them is a bit annoying.
thanks again for creating this, and if you ever knead testers, feel free to let us know.

2021-04-18 13:34:20

@Kavya, thanks for the positive comments regarding Sable. that’s actually a really good suggestion which I hadn’t thought of before. Although we’ve tidied up the controls slightly since the alpha, as there were lots of keys all over the place which was definitely confusing, none the less I think as there are still a fair few keys, an option  to bring up a list of keys directly in Sable would be really handy and a great idea. I can definitely add this in, I’ll probably wait until nearer release when the manual is complete, that way I can just copy the key information directly from the manual into sable to ensure consistency between information in the manual and the key list in Sable. Thanks for the suggestion

Paul Lemm

2021-04-18 23:46:18

That is a good idea actually.. Or you could do something like what JAWS does and offer a key that brings up a list of context-sensitive keystrokes most relevant to the current screen.

2021-04-19 20:55:45

@Brian, I think it’s a good idea, I could definitely set it up so there is one key list  which comes up when in play game mode, then a different one whilst in edit mode, since obviously there are keys you use whilst editing that aren’t used in play game mode. Other than that though keys don’t really  change from one screen to another. The only real difference is whilst in menus there are some extra keys  like, page up, page down, home end , tab, etc,  but other than that they stay the same throughout . I won’t rule it out completely as an idea, but since there isn’t much  change other than menu navigation keys, I was originally just thinking to have the main key list come up when the key list is first activated, but to streamline it slightly, having  a separate tab for additional menu commands (since these  are the same as the standard keys for navigating most windows based menus/list, so the keys for these are probably not that important, since users are already used to using these keys when navigating most menus and lists in windows).

Paul Lemm

2021-04-20 22:29:05

Well either way it's definitely a good idea.

2021-04-23 09:34:38

Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I'm wondering if Sable can support multiple conversation options. What I mean is having multiple possible responses to a person's dialogue, kind of like in A Hero's Call. Then maybe depending on what you said during the conversation you could have different possible outcomes.

2021-04-24 00:12:43

@Brian, this is something we’ve discussed at length on numerous occasions here at Ebon Sky Studios, I think the  term is Dialog trees, it’s definitely something we want to add to our future games  and our developer tools, but it would mean a pretty big alteration to the existing code base, changing the current dialog system for something more advanced  like dialog trees, with the option to add multiple branching  dialogs all with possibly differing outcomes based on the options selected. Due to this,  and I’m sure everyone hates these 6 words, but ‘it’s probably a second gen thing’ smile  just purely as although I could spend time trying to jimmy something like that into my existing code base, it wouldn’t be as flexible as I would want it due to having to make it fit around existing code, rather than just building it in from the ground up. Good suggestion though, as it’s something I see a lot in RPGS and  again,  it’s something we’re all keen on here at Ebon Sky Studios too.

Paul lemm

2021-04-24 00:47:58

That does make sense seeing as we would indeed be talking about something that could potentially affect the outcome of the game or at least parts of the story.

2021-04-29 23:49:43

Hi everyone,

For anyone interested or those who enjoy reading the Sable change logs, a new one went up earlier today, as I’ve now finished my testing of event triggers. I’ve now started testing map creation, which is the last section I need to test and add polish too, which I’m hoping to have complete within the next couple of weeks. I’ll put the link to the change log below. Also in my last update I mentioned the game design team had started inputting all their design work into Sable, I think I mentioned they had started  adding in all the status affects and abilities, well those are now all in, they’ve now also added in all the equipment, so items, weapons,  armour etc, they’ve also been adding in all the enemies/monsters  too. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and for those interested the Sable change log link is below:

https://ebonskystudios.com/Sable-changelog/

Paul Lemm

2021-04-30 09:57:35

hi
amazing maybe we'll get crimson eclipse game trailer soon