2021-02-21 19:09:38

so that means I may have to use another account email for SBYW? or can I have one of the admins get me my code manually.

I love audio games.

2021-02-22 00:02:37

I'd recommend using another email account if possible, so the features we're trying to make possible with the email system actually work. Like password resets.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2021-02-22 04:47:24

I'm using my me.com e-mail not Outlook or HotMail

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-02-22 17:12:10

I now do have something other than outlook at my disposal. for stuff like SBYW. all hale the mighty gmail! or something? meh. don't know.

I love audio games.

2021-02-23 02:22:24

Seth, were you able to get your code?

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-03-26 17:12:16

Warning! The player whipe of those who have not verified their email address will occur in 6 days! Please be sure to log in and verify your email address if you wish to play without having to start over again!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2021-04-01 17:43:37 (edited by x0 2021-04-01 17:45:08)

The deletion of unverified accounts has taken place. A total of 484 players were deleted, and their maps given to orphan contributors so that no new player can create an account under the old name and gain the old maps. If you have a friend who's account was deleted but you want it back, please reach out to the admins and something can be negotiated. You may also email me through the forum with the player name and I'll take a look, in case it was your account and you can't reach out. Please don't create temporary accounts just to do this. On May 1st, another whipe will be done whereby any map that has no existing contributors and is not linked to by any map nor menu will be deleted. This will clean the thousands of temporary maps created by players who no longer play the game, and speed up requests that need to view all the maps, such as getting all contributions of a player.

----------

2021-04-03 10:29:13

Hey there,
Can I have the direct link to download the sounds? The BGT Downloader keeps failing on me sad

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2021-04-07 13:47:57

I cannot download the sounds, the bgt downloader is too slow and fails, and trying other ways gives connection refused

2021-04-13 19:35:00 (edited by x0 2021-04-13 19:35:38)

Sorry, I hadn't seen this. There's a premade zip of the sounds here, which you can download with your web browser. Probably refrain from using download accellerators like IDM and aria2, because I don't think our webserver can handle 12 connections for one file, and it wouldn't really make it faster anyway.

----------

2021-04-13 21:18:35

hey is there any chance that I could get my account back alongside the map? I was busy so don't have the time to play.

2021-04-14 17:14:52

If your email isn't verified, I'm afraid we can't get it back.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2021-04-15 05:40:21

aww, my map has been deleted as well I believe? sad

2021-04-15 13:15:51

Maps are still on the server until May.

Ivan M. Soto.

2021-04-15 14:19:24 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-04-15 14:22:53)

oh cool, if I am going to create a new character, can I reclaim it? edit: there you go, created, named Jason as well. I only have like 3 or 4 maps.

2021-04-17 02:58:05

I took care of that. Note that if you couldn't get back in time if you create a character hopefully under the same name and claim who you are, I can match your info against the player you claim to be and if it matches restore your account and maps. Backups are good for you.

----------

2021-04-17 05:24:17

yup got my things back, thanks a lot!

2021-05-10 22:46:55

The May 1st map whipe has happened, though the filtering I use for this was to delete any maps that had no contributors at all and were not linked to by any map or menu. This freed up about 2000 of them. Maps that had contributors that no longer exist were not included in that whipe, so in case you were deleted as part of the April 1st whipe and want to come back your maps are still recoverable.

----------

2021-05-10 22:54:31

Awesome! Although the server didn't really lag, sometimes the maps menu did, and I'm hoping that the wipe of the maps will help clear that up.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-05-15 20:26:55

something that no one cares to read.if you're curious you can read it if you want
well, i did'nt had the oportunity to see the passage shifts, but i at least saw the moving platforms. they're awesome. same for the moving hazards. hazards are easier to make now, and there are new wall and step sounds that i did'nt see the time i did a big mistake in SBYW. i don't see more that would be epic and new, so best if i'm out of SBYW.

if you want to post language resources and see other's language resources, click here in the language learning resources thread: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/826634/#p826634

2021-10-09 19:04:30

Hey there,
I'm late to this one because the update's a day old but those who don't know about it, we just released version 5.1.0. Changes are below.
New in 5.1.0
Many UI changes to more dialog-like functionality. Currently used in preferences, onoff selection, account creation and login, the chat box, and any server generated dialog that wishes to take advantage of it.
Completely redesigned the chat edit box with optional destinations for your message. Prepending a slash at the beginning of any message, no matter the destination will be sent as a public chat to avoid sending commands to the wrong channel, except in the case of /me where map chats is a valid destination.
Adds a bug reporter accessible via /bugreport. Use this command when submitting a bug. The /feedback command is still available for general feedback, concerns, etc. Do note that starting today your feedback is accessible to the game admins, while bug reports are limited to developers.
Allows you to press control+p in-game to open preferences, which lets you adjust some client preferences too.
Story texts now silently go into the misc buffer as you scroll them for later review.
Buffers no longer clear upon export, so losses of connection or server updates shouldn't nuke your entire buffer anymore. This should not create duplicated logs.
Buffers will now refuse to add any item that is blank, so empty travelpoints and such should no longer generate a bogus item.
Fixed URL ambiences volume would always change when you changed music volume even if you weren't in them.
You can copy the text of lines in the edit/remove line menus in the builder now.
Volume adjustment keys and control to stop speech work in story dialogs now.
Fixed pitch of excludable ambiences not being respected.
Made excludable sources behave better when you walk outside the main range and an exclusion zone with flags extends to the edge.
Increased onoff size limit to 120 kB.
Fixed voicechats weren't destroying when a player logged off.
Fixed the 'a' flag for excludable sources wasn't working in 3d.
Autorun is no longer reset when you disconnect.
Added a map error reporting system. This will not report errors for all lines that it can't parse as valid syntax, to handle the case of comments. It rather reports malformed structures like invalid coordinate ranges, numeric mode indicators that aren't defined for a given object, or the lack of max x and y parameters. All errors will be dumped at once into your misc buffer either upon map load or add/edit.
Changed the order of item activation when pressing enter. Now it goes stories, signs, text squares, passages, doors, travelpoints. This has the benefit of not activating anything else on the same square until you've dismissed a story dialog.
Doors should no longer be able to stack and thus get you stuck moving in more than one of them at the same time. Stacking doors is only allowed now if they start and end at the same square, which is just used to make layered sounds.
Separated out muting audio and muting speech when window isn't focused to two separate options.

Ivan M. Soto.

2021-10-10 10:35:25

ivansoto, you make every thing paid, rofl, you got rotu you maked paid you got sbyw you maked paid you got maked two games you maked paid rofl your games good but you are wanting much dollars.

Big big regards, Emanuel Ion Productions!

2021-10-10 16:21:34

clone

2021-10-10 16:50:28

@198 nope. Ivan acquired the code to this legally and it was never forked.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-10-10 17:07:55

Let me address a couple of things.
197: Please, please, do your research dude. ROTU may not have been paid when he got it, but SBYW has been paid since it's conception. Servers are not free, guy. You don't have to pay for it, but you can still play the game.
198: No. This is not a clone. Mason made this game, sold it to Ivan last year, and now, he and X0 work on the game together. Please, guys, do research, and come check out the game. It's a lot of fun.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.