2021-04-15 20:42:43

@99: I agree, but the hyper tarboo bossfight for me just feels artificially drawn out and that's waht annoys me about it. If every "stage" of it was a fun challenge, I'd love it but in that case, it's just "smash everything in the right order as fast as possible".

And @100: Yeah, a new online gift would be great, but I don't think we'll ever get it because the manamon 1 gifts were also not updated anymore after the game was out for a while.
And about Quensette, I have been thinking the same. IF he is making Manamon 3 at some point it'll most likely be in that world.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-15 23:58:08

I don't even understand the issue about Hyper Tarboo. I've killed this thing eleven or twelve times now. Takes about six to eight minutes, max, if you play your cards right. Kill the death cry generator first. Then start pounding on the hyperizer, which will start shocking the hell out of Hyper Tarboo itself, while also wailing on the spawn machine (seriously, if this thing spawns enough smaller Tarboo, you're just gonna get overwhelmed). Once the spawn machine is down, ignore the magnet because you shouldn't need it, and just keep hammering the hyperizer. Again, it will be doing huge damage to the main boss as you pound on it. Eventually, it'll die, and the boss itself should have between 3-20% HP. Hopefully lower (you can manipulate this, obviously, depending on how you've hit the hyperizer in the past). At this point it's basically a three-on-one, so finish it off. Helps, obviously, to have ghost, undead, plant, electric attacks, plus water-earth-sound resistance.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-16 03:48:24

The postgame fight with the Paladin boss was super long and needless tedious. Luckily, for us, we don't have to beat that one.

2021-04-16 04:11:10

With each message I see posted in this topic, it becomes more obvious that what people mean by "tedious" are fights for which there is no apparent easy button. Anything that requires some kind of strategy seems to go on this list. Really the only part of manamon 2 in which I feel like I'm doing unnecessary backtracking is in the Sangora story. I mean, you're essentially running around picking her up or relaying a message. I feel like there was a lot more that could have been done with this story. As for tedious parts, for me, that would be all of the spike rooms. There's just so much of it. It's just repetitive and boring, and obnoxious. He could have had different traps along the way as you go to vary it up a bit. As it is now, it doesn't really pose any sort of challenge or difficulty. It just takes up a bunch of time.

2021-04-16 04:54:32

At 77: You do realize that this is what encounter downs and their upgraded forms are for, right? Just tie it to a shortcut button and just keep spraying it whenever it wears off. Now you can roam around in peace.

backtracking tends to be a solution for a lot of RPG's to fit more content in less space. Also a reward for players doing some exploration once they have the tools to navigate to those spots. You don't clutter the main path of the game with these areas, and can just leave them off to the side for explorative players to snag.

Like, the legend of Zelda games are really big on backtracking to old areas or dungeons to use new dungeon equipment to get to locations for power ups, or to continue the game. The 6th, 7th 8th and 9th dungeons in Twilight Princess had you going back to old areas to travel down new paths or puzzles to progress to a new area or dungeon.

And there's an entire branch of games called metroidvanias that literally is backtracking, the game. You progress through the main story and side areas to get new things to travel to new spots in old areas for powerups, bonus bosses or to continue the story from another direction. In fact, having lots of things to return to and explore with newer tools is an expectation in games these days.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-16 07:29:40

Admittedly, the Pierre fight in manamon 2 is long, and it's sort of tedious. Pro-tip: bring Mightauras, and a competent team of l90-ish manamon. It's well worth it.
I have no problem with that fight taking awhile. Know why? The fucking reward, that's why. Because that's one hell of a lot of gold, among other things. Heck, if you know your team can handle Pierre and you've got one or two open slots, bring along something weak, and it will gain tons and tons of levels. My preferred go-to for speedy levelling, admittedly, is just doing Barren Byron and Eternity Angel over and over again after defeating the master stadium each circuit, but the Pierre fight is a one-time enormous bonus which, IMO, is well worth it.
This, BTW, would be an example of a superboss. Though I suspect if Zuckuss were designing it, Pierre would only need to be hit 5-10 times, and his damage would be scaled down as well. After all, just getting to him was super ridiculously insanely hard, so your ultimate reward should be ninety seconds, tops, away once you start that fight.

I'm sorry, but just no. Main story bosses need to be fair, but superbosses can be hard. As long as there is a plausible way to take them down, long fights and tricky gimmicks literally do not matter.

As far as exploration? Thank you. The person talking about rewarding exploration just hit it on the head. God, if I could play a true Zelda-style game, I'd just about die.

2021-04-17 02:09:53

thumbs up Jade, I was thinking of Pierre and I guess my only gripe was the time but yeah worth it, need to go back to see what that item was he gave you, but good call. I really enjoyed Manamon two and how if you listen to the whole intro at the startup screen it can give you some clues as to what you could expect to hear. Not to get too off topic but Vazbol, did you ever play kingdom hearts one? Did you ever beat the phantom which is a postgame or at least post level super boss in the game? Also as for why there is no DLC, Aaron said he didn't want to be seen as "fremium" in one of his posts. As to exploration, well one game genre which i know is not RPG but that does have a lot of exploration in it is the Lego series videogames. Yes it does give you cheats but you have to basically beat the game to get them so not too much hand holding and by the time you get them you have already played extensively. Another positive for Manamon two, because its Friday, is that finding the legendaries were much funner and not simply remembering, if you even had a clue, where to look for them. Great job Jade on the first manamon guide and attempts to help with the script.

2021-04-17 03:50:12

Arguably, Kingdom Hearts's hardest optional boss is Sephiroth. This is the dude who has an attack which drains your HP to 1 and your MP to 0. He also has multiple attacks which, if he chains them together and you're not quick, he'll kill you in about four seconds. I've seen this happen. Now, if you're really good, you can end the fight in under five minutes, but those are some extremely tense minutes. Manamon only takes as long as it takes for you to click buttons; if you're stuck for a strategy, you can sit and think about it without worrying about the boss pounding away on you. In KH, and in other games with vicious superbosses, a second of hesitation means you're dead. So...yeah, if you think Manamon bosses are hard, you literally have no idea.

2021-04-17 07:31:10

true, I barely beat Sephiroth, in fact i thought he was easier in the second game, but I had to use strike raid to do it, oh and of course the shortcut key controls to heal Sora. KH is a beast with its super bosses. Now as for Manamon I really do hope there is a third one, if even that the only new feature were an open central server where everyone could connect and battle. I could see it being used for rank matches and prizes given and such. Plus as I mentioned in another thread I think these two countries, and from what I read here, maybe quinset have a lot of content that could be tied together.

2021-04-17 10:42:42

Yeah, I honestly enjoyed Manamon 2 as well, despite some annoyances.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-17 16:40:23

At 108: this is what Kingdom hearts super bosses have become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2e3QS3rTA

This is a skilled player going through the fight with no damage, and it generally took him straight minutes of guards dodges and attacks to bring him down. Most other players would take much longer. And then he does it while having the coin stolen and the boss reviving, extending the fight by another 4 and a half minutes. Example of the game actively punishing you for using such things in the super boss fight, which generally wasn't a thing in the main game or the previous 13 bosses to unlock this fight.

Hoping for more super bosses in manamon 3 if that gets developed. Though probably used in the main story, bosses should be able to summon help that mainly serves to debuff/buff the enemy, while making your life miserable if you ignore them to do their thing. Another idea, inspired by Speed kick, is to include more RPG mechanics to affect turn order that isn't strictly based on speed if that's being kept in. moves that artificially puts you ahead in the turn order, or pushed back. (though, I'd prefer everyone going at once like in Pokemon). But could create fun turn shifting options for super bosses that'd you want to prevent, like the boss intentionally doing something to go last, failing to stop whatever it's doing, and devastating your party, before shifting first in the turn order and annihilating your entire active party before you can fix it. Sort of a thing in Square Enix's other titles like Octopath Traveler and the bravely Default series.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-17 17:56:11

@111: That's what this Tarboo spawn thing did in the Hyper Tarboo fight. But in the main game this would be ... interesting.
If he makes Manamon 3, I really hope he doesn't do another end of the world-like area (I mean the way too long area with the spikes). Don't get me wrong, it's a nice challenge, but that was a bit too long.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-17 22:18:40

It has been said numerous times before,but every player going at once like in Pokemon is definitely something I want. Other than bringing more fairness and mindgames in competitive play, it would be more realistic, as most notably your manamon's speed shouldn't have any repercussion to when you can switch it, as a tamer.
That's in my Manamon 3 wishlist allong with new interesting bosses to fight, tms and/or move tutors, new game + with new difficulty levels and/or being able to import level 5 Manamon from your previous game in your party from the start.
Also, an old sage once said: "Manamon are not tools of war." What? What do you mean it was Pokemon? But still: bond with your Manamon, don't abuse your Manamon, yet our Manamon fight, fight and that's about it. It would be nice to bring more fun interactions between the player and it's manamon, I think Aaron could take inspirations from both Pokemon and Breed Memorial in that regard. Though admitedly, Pokemon usually uses the touch screen for that kind of stuff.