2021-04-12 17:40:53

Hello, you will be able to make money here. This is cryptocurrency. It can be exchanged for cash. You need your crypto address. Go to the referral link and save money easily
https://ethprofitminer.com/?refer=197169

2021-04-12 17:44:12

nope

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-12 17:46:27

Thread moved to off topic room. I'll look this one up to find information, but five will get you ten that this, like all the other fly-by-night mine-from-your-home operatives, is illegitimate.

2021-04-12 17:58:53

Sighs* Damnit, people, if you want eth, make it the normal way. Seriously.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-12 18:00:43

are spam bots getting unristricted now or something

2021-04-12 18:00:47

@Ethin is right. For eexample, basic attention tokens (BAT) is a form of eth, and is actually doing pretty well for a coin to USD ratio. Of course, if there isn't a comparable example available in your couintry's currency, either wait for one to cmoe around and adopt it early on, or your currency just done missed the boat.

2021-04-12 18:08:52

@meatbag: Dude, you might be onto something here.
bachana.rostomashvili registered in 2017. Obviously he flew under the radar as this was way before the restricted membership kicked in. Could very well be a bot. After all, his only other post is a quote of someone else with nothing to follow, pretty common rudimentary spam tactic. It does add uip, though we'll obviously need to discuss internally before going straight for a ban.
I have however went ahead and put him on ice for a while, i.e. restricted him, which relegates his posting to the restricted topic. If he floods it, then we'll have all we need to know. If he is silent, this may still be an open and shut case.

2021-04-12 20:37:50

A general question: What is eth?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-12 21:12:10

Etherium, a cryptocurrency.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-12 21:17:04

Its a cryptocurrency and a blockchain application execution system using what are known as contracts. You can find a lot more here. If you guys want cryptocurrencies, FFS, get it the normal way. Seriously. If you want money that badly, you can acquire the hardware required.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-12 22:20:55

Here's my thing. If you guys are living under someone else's roof and the electricity bill isn't in your name, you're basically stealing money from the people you're living with. You're asking your computer to do more work, which is making it draw more power. Sure, you could say the same about gaming, but even that's not a constant load and it's not maxing out the CPU or running every core at a very high load.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-12 23:07:10

You probably can't make eth at home unless the situation has significantly changed.  The long and short of it is that most cryptocurrencies are less valuable than the hardware and electricity you need to mine them unless you get a big operation going or live somewhere where electricity is very cheap.  Also, eth is going to move to proof of stake if they haven't already.

If you weren't on the crypto bandwagon 5-7 years ago it's too late.  One of my bigger regrets is that day I almost bought bitcoin when it was $10 or so but it looked hard and illegitimate so I didn't.  It's now the game of giant datacenters, and if you buy in the volatility is insane.  I understand why crypto seems like a great idea to this community, and I understand that if you live somewhere with a worse currency than bitcoin it makes sense, but otherwise go play with the regular stock market.  In the U.S. you can't do crypto taxes without an accountant anyway, so if you want to go here to any significant degree I hope you've found one and are keeping a record of every crypto transaction and the exchange rate to USD at the exact time you made the transaction.  Otherwise the IRS is not your friend when they find out.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-04-12 23:09:18

@Ethin: Speaking of Bitcoin hardware:
Looks like the developer of Icy abandoned us. No fully accessible and open source airgapped wallet, it seems. He abandoned us as in, completely left Github and took his rpoject with him.
And the major wallet brands aren't moving on any sort of speech or braille implementation. Which leaves us with cloud wallets as the only option.
As for mining, GCW is absolutely correct. If the electric bill is out of your hands you especially should not be mining. That's the kind of increase that couldn't possibly be missed, especially now that we're used to seeing increased power bills what with everyone being more online than ever, so a surge in power bill due to some kid trying to get rich quick only to fail miserably would definitely raise eyebrows.

2021-04-12 23:14:23

@camlorn: That is, unless you're using a service such as Uphold. Being that they are a recognized financial institution, they're required to track that info for the IRS anyway. At least that's what they tell you, and given they're under know your customer regulations as well, it looks pretty legit. Basic attention tokens go through Uphold for storage. They've been on a pretty steady increase over the year. Last year, 212 tokens was roughly over $55, and now 95 tokens is about $110. This is to be expected what with BAT being so new and still in the early to mid-adoption phase.

2021-04-13 05:58:19

@14
Nonetheless the real barrier here is volatility and taxes, even if the paperwork is solved.

But, if you get your BAT through Brave, I'm pretty sure the paperwork isn't solved.  The way that things like capitol gains work is as (final price - initial price) but you have to know the initial price, and for crypto it's a bunch of weird rules based off when you got it, and also depends on which way you decide to tax it.  Unless that got changed or simplified, but if it changed equal chance that it got more complex instead.  I was going to try to get into basic crypto swing/day trading with scripts and part of me still wants to, but the tax/paperwork situation there is formidable to say the least and basically ends at "and then I wrote a metrics/tracking system to give to my accountant" before we even talk about the risks inherent in it.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-04-13 09:05:24

Hi.
A friend of mine is making a lot of money for mining. I'm not sure on how he do it, but it is indeed possible.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-04-13 15:14:59

Is it sad that I uh, read the title to this topic while browsing the forum through headings and was like, "Why on earth would we create a topic to discuss one note in music?  And why F Minor of all notes?"
And then is  it sad that I was sad when I popped into this topic and discovered it was yet another topic on a possible crypto scam and a spambot and that I had obviously misread the title?  lol I'm having an interesting morning...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.