2021-04-07 18:49:33

Hello.
Today I would like those of you that like RPG's, and have an interest in being more productive to give habitica a try. It appears to be entirely accessible with voiceover, and I personally think that it's a great concept. The basic premise of the game is to turn those boring everyday tasks, or difficult to start habits, into a role playing game, where your real life experiences gain you experience. You can complete quests, hatch rare pets, choose from one of four classes, and even talk in interest specific threads, which allow you to participate in challenges that are uniquely tailored to what's important to you. If you want to you can check this out on the IOS or android app store, and they also have an accessible web site, for those times when you don't have access to your phone. I know that it has really helped me feel excited about my day, and those less than desirable tasks, that I always seem to put off.
To all a good whatever time of day it is in your country,

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-04-07 19:11:27

Funny thing is, you don’t have to complete anything in your life to play this game. Simply add a task, mark it as complete, rinse and repeat, and you level up fairly quickly. I can’t seem to find a way to complete quests. I don’t know if it is an accessibility issue or I’m just not getting it, but I can’t seem to do it.

2021-04-07 19:38:10

yeah, it is base on honesty I guess...

2021-04-07 19:41:24

@2 that is called cheating though, you can do it if you wish because it won't effect anyone, but yeah, defenetly gunna give this a try

2021-04-07 19:48:23

@2 Of course. There is no way to make this work if you do not have the self control required.

2021-04-07 23:27:43

If anyone was able to complete any of the quests, can you please tell me how? I dropped this game a while ago, but this topic has brought back my interest, as this game does have a lot of potential.

2021-04-08 03:31:38

You need to get into a party with other people, and then you need to complete tasks with your party until the moster's hp drops down to 0

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-04-08 17:11:14

I've been playing Habitica for years and just got back into it. It used to be semi--accessible on the internet too but now it only works on iOS after a change they made a few years ago.

I'm a level 122 mage right now.

as for quests, you need to form a party, even if that is just you, and buy a scroll, then use the quest scroll to start the quest. If it is a find quest, you will find quest items like you would other itmes as you mark off tasks. if you are in a boss fight, you do damage and have damage dealt to you at the end of each day based on some of your stats and skills you use. You take damage for every daily you miss and every habit you mark as bad over the course of the day. If you have other people in your party, you take damage for everything they miss too, multiplied by a boss multiplier. It is supposed to create group accountability.

the game only works though if you're being honest though in terms of making you more motivated to improve yourself and your life, so sometimes you should take those hits if you're slipping if you want the game/personal improvement program to help you. If it is just to put on a costume and fight bad guys, then cheating is fine though it isn't how it is supposed to be used.

2021-04-08 17:56:01

If you guys want to be in my party, "The Wise" I will be happy to let you guys in, with the understanding that if you are lazy and get me killed a lot, I'll kick you from the group. I'll be able to tell who is getting me the most damage and so will you. I'm a wizard and I could really use a healer, warrior, rogue, and of course duplicates of any of the four classes are well-appreciated.

2021-04-08 19:15:24

Does this game have any sound effects?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-04-08 19:29:07

Only something when you complete tasks sadly.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-04-12 23:26:40

i can't seem to regester. when i type my name in, i don't know what to do next. there's also another box with lots of randum numbers.

2021-04-12 23:48:45

Try creating your account on the computer.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-04-13 09:03:06

I think, that Habitica is not very accessible for the blind, so I am not seeing any reason to have It here.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-04-13 15:44:03

Just because you can't figure out how something doesn't work doesn't make it inaccessible.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-13 16:19:07

Habitica is very accessible and I can do literally everything on it, though the computer version is a pain in the butt and you have to play it on IOs or maybe Android. I don't know how good Android is.

2021-04-13 16:37:27

@16 the android version is perfectly accessible

2021-04-14 22:58:15

Are there any specific guilds for the blind? Like four audio games or Braille discussions? If I created a party? How many of you would join?
@9 I would like to be apart of your group please. What is the name of your group and user name?

2021-04-15 15:23:02

my group name is "The Wise" though I am thinking of changing it and my username is "Bookrage"

2021-04-15 21:31:10

Hello Bookrage, can you please send me a invite for your group? I cannot find it. My user name is “RainbowGoddess” thanks

2021-04-15 21:33:12

sure, I'll do that when I get on later.