2021-04-12 05:11:29

Lots of question from me today because I'm having to reestablish myself on a new computer... the Steam Installer seems to be set on installing everything in Chinese for some reason, even when I select English. Is there something I'm supposed to do other than just arrow to English and press Enter when it asks me to choose? Chinese is the first option that shows up on the installation screen so it keeps defaulting that, from what I can tell, even when I press space or use virtual mouse clicking with NVDA to click on English. Thoughts?

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-12 05:22:03

It keeps doing that to me too for some reason, the only workaround that works is to edit the exe file from properties, just as you do when adding your user and password. Type a space and then write -language english
That will force steam to launch in english when you open it.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-04-12 05:40:55

yeah strange, It is   supposed to work if you space to select the radio button.

2021-04-12 05:44:34

Ah ok. Glad it isn't just me then. Thanks for the workaround. That's annoying.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-12 15:14:41

I've had luck actually clicking on the English radio button with NVDA, but nothing else works.

2021-04-12 15:42:49

One thing you may encounter also is that it may just decide to set the language back to chinese. That has happened to me multiple times at this point. if you do encounter this, then you just go into the properties again, delete the language part of it, save the change, and then go back into properties and rewrite -language english

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.