2020-12-13 06:57:35 (edited by Zarvox 2020-12-13 07:04:40)

reinstalling goldwave didn't solve my issue damn it. What exactly from k-lite fixes the ogg issue? I would only like that on my system and no other part of k-lite.

2020-12-13 12:57:29

The klite codec pack.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-12-13 13:23:39 (edited by Zarvox 2020-12-13 13:59:21)

but where the heck is that? I don't think it is in programfiles (x86)/k-lite. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now the goldwave open dialog either crashes goldwave completely, or it hangs there, but I can alt f4, and reopen the folder in open dialog. Of course that is annoying because I have to navigate all the way back to that folder again. So a lose lose lose situation here. Fuck you microsoft.

2020-12-13 14:17:57

this keeps getting fucking weirder. In the open dialog, I can press shift and somethingto show a file with that letter, like shift d. If I press shift d again, I can now cycle trhough the 2 files that I have found with shift d. If I then hit shift h, it hides those 2 files, and now shows the first files starting with h. If I hit shift h again, it shows the second item starting with h, as well as the first, just like when I pressed d. Even weirder, if I do open one of the files, it doesn't save the last folder. So I can't just close it and reopen it, and be placed int othat folder. So what the hell is going on!

2021-04-11 18:50:35

Has anyone found any solutions for this issue?
I've got the same problem and from the tests I've done it only happens with NVDA.
As soon as I go into a folder with a few ogg files while NVDA is running, the explorer window becomes totally unusable.
Nothing happens to NVDA. Only the explorer window freezes up. Even if I close NVDA it's still unusable until I kill explorer and relaunch it.
But I've tested this with JAWS and Narrator and explorer doesn't freeze.
I think this is more of an NVDA issue rather than windows issue.
Something with the way NVDA interacts with explorer window.

2021-04-11 19:52:29

Yes, we already covered this in post freaking 2. K-lite codec pack.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-11 20:17:25

@31 is correct use the K-lite codec pack. Install that should solve a lot of problems.