2020-07-28 00:49:07

Can I please get recommendations on online college’s with 0 tuwishion fees, screen reader friendly accredited colleges. I would like to join one and apply a degree to my programming languages. Before anyone ask. Yes, I already looked for some and came up empty and to also the question, why free? I cannot afford schooling and everyday life. Can I please get some assistance from the blind community.
Thanks

2020-07-28 01:07:14

You and everybody else can't afford a mountain of student loans...

I don't think there is such a thing as a full online college degree for free, why would there be? But you could try apps like Coursera and EdX if you just want some classes under your belt to further your skills. You can pay to receive official certificates once you've completed a course. If you're interested in IT or cybersecurity, there's Cybrary. You can complete a lot of free courses that way, but if you want actual certifications such as the A+ or what have you, you're gonna have to shell out for that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-07-28 01:20:35

No no, I don’t mean a free degree, I mean colleges with no fees to take their online courses.

2020-07-28 01:46:20

I'm not sure this question makes sense. I think post 2 gave you the answer I would think you were seeking. College is not free, especially from an accredited institution. Now, you can get free courses from accredited colleges, but it wouldn't be an actual degree. I think they'll give you certificates. If you want to learn to program in general, try freeCodeCamp. You can get certificates from there as well.

2020-07-28 02:09:42 (edited by leibylucw 2020-07-28 02:33:08)

blind angel 44 wrote:

I would like to join one and apply a degree to my programming languages.

You will not find an accredited  college that offers free tuition to earn a degree. You can certainly find courses to learn programming, but you can learn a language elsewhere on the internet and shouldn't rely on finding an institution that doesn't exist.
There are, however, colleges that will post entire courses online, where the general public has access to lecture content; unfortunately, that's about as good as you'll get. You won't have access to a professor, a teaching/graduate assistant, fellow classmates, etc to better understand the content, which is why I say you're better off spending time looking for a dedicated service that teaches you a programming language.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2020-07-28 02:23:14

If your goal is to learn Google should be able to help you out.  If your goal is to have something worth putting on the resume or that will otherwise make it likely that you'll get a job out the far side, you need to do things that aren't ever going to be free unless you can get scholarships.

For programming you have two choices. Go to college, or do something big enough that you can get into somewhere without it.  College degrees assert that you learned what you need to learn to be effective.  If you don't have one, you need something impressive enough to prove to people that you know what you're doing without it.  This usually means a large project, and if you don't already know a good bit of programming and you don't want to go through the college setting, then that's years of full-time learning away at minimum.

no one cares what you know.  They care what you've done that proves you know what you claim to know.  I'd suggest finding a way to pay for college.  If you're set on being a programmer and you've not done enough programming to be able to learn a language without asking us for resources, that's your  best bet.  I try not to discourage people, but frankly you may be better off finding something that's not programming unless you have years to spare.  There are ways to get around the college problem, but they do take that long, and frankly a lot of them also rely on natural talent of one sort or another.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-28 02:47:27

My advice depending on your intention is this:

If you want to learn more about a particular programming language, Google and other resources are going to be the most effective and immediate solutions. I know quite a few people who have a decent programming background without having enrolled in a single college course.
If you want to learn in a college environment where you have access to professors, tutors, etc, or you want to obtain a developer position with relative ease, go to college and graduate with a degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or some other related field. You will not get this for free, period. I say that not be harsh or deter you, but the reality is that quality, post-secondary education comes at a price, and a hefty one at that.
I suspect the reason why you're getting a whole plethora of answers is because your intention doesn't seem to come across as clearly as folks would prefer, so it may be beneficial to describe exactly what you're looking for an why.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2020-07-28 03:20:19

Online classes usually cost the same as in class sessions. Although prices can vary depending on the school but there shouldn't be any extra hidden fees.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-07-28 13:12:04

Coursera and EDX definitely come closest to what you want. CS50 comes to mind if you're just starting out.
But yeah ...a degree, which in post 1 you say you want and in post 3 you say you don't want, is going to set you back a bunch of money. If that's not what you want, your best bet is to do courses on Coursera/EDX/Freecodecamp/Odin Project/all these other providers, stick the projects you build in those courses on Github and start applying to stuff so you can add things to your resume/portfolio.
I teach coding, but I don't do so for free I'm afraid.

2021-04-10 10:35:35 (edited by kelinda 2021-04-12 09:30:09)

turtlepower17 wrote:

You and everybody else can't afford a mountain of student loans...

I agree. I think such loans are pretty 'heavy'.. I would never take such a loan, it would be too much of a burden for me. I often get some small short-term ones like those from https://maybeloan.com/calculators/loan- … calculator for example, and I think that they are pretty good and helpful sometimes. I started a small online business with their help, so it is really cool!

2021-04-11 01:27:54

Hello
So I think everybody give you that most comun options that you have. another option is University of the people. it is an online university that teach people around the world. google it. it is no too espensive, I think the application fee is 60$.