2021-04-10 18:17:29 (edited by Dragons 2021-04-10 18:19:25)

Head of Sony’s gaming division signs letter calling for Disability Inclusion in the games industry

https://www.gamesradar.com/head-of-sony … -industry/
https://www.sie.com/en/blog/sony-intera … inclusion/

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-04-10 18:23:08

This is also the same guy who hates old games and doesn't know why people would play them. This doesn't make up for that.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-10 19:29:01

@2 exactly what I was going to say. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-10 19:35:25

Isn't that just his personal opinion though, or does he actively take down old games? BTW I was hoping to use the word retroactive as a pun, but after looking up the word to double check if it was appropriate here, turns out it's not. Sad times.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-10 20:04:50

I mean, think about it. He says this years ago, and now the vita and ps3 and psp stores are gone, effectively destroying 15 years of gaming history.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-10 21:25:10

The thing is we dont know what's going on behind the cover. Maybe they have another plans. Everythings always have a reason behind.

Do you think he make that decision by himself? absolutely not. Sony have to greenlight for him. I dont think that's his own decision.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-04-10 21:43:01

@Dragons: He is the head of the games division though. I dare say even the friggin Stadia Studio left something behind since they open sourced the game studio code they had been using. This is dangerous optimism, Dragons. Sony is taking down the ps Vita and ps3 stores for good, and due to the proprietary nature of these consoles, this is going to result in game developers having never-to-be-released titels. Indie game developers, mind you, who's budget did not allow them to release on all consoles, so they had to make their choice, and make it good.
https://www.thegamer.com/meet-the-devel … s-forever/
Make no mistake about it. Sony does not give a rat's ass about nostalgia, or about any developer that isn't giving them mountains of residual revenue. Persona 5 for example, bad acting and all. Naughty Dog is on the list too since TLOU2 made their ps5 sales skyrocket. Megacorporations don't see any incentive in preservation. They hate libraries. Look at the uphill battle the Internet Archive is fighting against bogus claims made by lobbying groups with sharks for lawyers. That, folks, does give them money. Because while they can't stand losing a few thousand, maybe tens of thousands, in the name of a preservation effort, they will stop at nothing to screw over the emulation scene, because it lines their pockets and suits their bottom line to do so.

2021-04-10 21:55:27

I think the topic title got cut off. I thought this was going to about some random disability incorporated company that was being created or something.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-04-10 22:56:03

@8 I agree with you, I thought the same thing about this topic. I also thought that it was a step up for the disabled community.

2021-04-10 23:37:13

It is a step up indeed. It is however possible to praise someone's actions while calling out the bad. As long as you are fair and legit about it, praise the good and trash the bad for all its worth.

2021-04-10 23:51:53

Yeah, legacy stores are going down this summer, so if there's anything you want, get it now. Sony screwed over a lot of imdi debs with this by not telling them, only big name companies they warned.

I will still keep up the vita guide because there is still a lot of cross platform stuff or there.

This still makes me sad though that they care so little about preservation. According to a recent video I saw, a former employee said that ever since the 2011 hack on their servers, Sony has actively been trying to kill off their legacy platforms, so its easy to point the finger at hackers, but it isn't like Sony is entirely innocent of wrongdoing either.

2021-04-11 01:15:20

@KenshiraTheTrinity: Agreed, just look at Sony's shady past. Rootkitted cd roms under the guise o enhanced cd's in the late 90s/early 2000s. Massively underpaying "Weird Al" Yankovic's royalties (we're talking hundreds of thousands unpaid here, folks) resulting in Sony getting sued for $500000. Releasing a posthumous Michael Jackson compilation and hiding the fact that they released two songs on that album by a Jackson impersonator; if there's anything to put the Milli Vanilli fraudd to shame, that would be it.
So owing to Sony's history of screwing the individual over, It's a safe bet they would've killed off the Vita store anyway, 2011 hack or not.