2021-04-05 09:11:19

Hey guys just wanted to reach out and find out if anyone else is having a problem finding or their voiceover reading the crafting materials or material counts on the crafts page?

It seems to be reading fine on my voiceover so I’m not able to reproduce but another voiceover user is not able to find those. I just wanted to check and see if anyone else is having that problem.

2021-04-05 09:31:31

no i did not have that problem.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-04-05 10:49:07

Hi.
I'm not sure if it's okay to ask this question here, since the game hasn't been released to the public yet. If it's not okay, then I'm sorry.
I don't understand how to check what's equipped in the inventory. When i press on a weapon or a shield, it shows the information about the selected item. But nothing happens when pressing equip or unequip. It would be very helpful if someone can explain how to equip and how to check if the item has been equipped.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-04-05 16:01:55

I presume its ok, since this mechanic, or at least that's how I call it, was in adventure to fate battle arena, and I guess its in quest to the future too.
So the info, use, equip, unequip and destroy buttons sorta act like tabs, so if you want to equip something, you'll tap on the equip button, and click on the weapon/armour of your choice, when you do, the following things may accure, if you didn't have a weapon equipped, the button you just clicked will turn to 0, meaning its empty, and if you had a previous weapon, it will be automatically unequipped once you equip a new weapon.
The use tab is useful if you want to drink healing potions after a battle which consumed most of your HP and/or sp.

2021-04-05 19:58:28

Thanks a lot. That makes sense. Time to give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2021-04-06 03:11:53

The materials show up, but they're a tad difficult to get to, as it appears that any view that can be manually exited  doesn't outright replace the previous view.
Will be sending you a very long email about suggestions.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-04-06 04:50:10

Ok thanks for the heads up on everything. And yea you guys can definitely share info about the game I don’t want to spoil how to beat bosses but feel free to talk about whatever while we are testing so we can get everything sorted out.

2021-04-06 08:24:56

@TouchMint: Thanks a lot.
How much time do we have for testing? I'm still taking a lot of notes while playing. The test version expires in like 90 days, so I'm just wandering for how long you plan to keep the testing going.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-04-06 11:49:50

hi touchmint. except the endless arena, do you have any plan about adding more extra content after beating the game?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-04-06 21:19:24 (edited by Mitch 2021-04-06 22:33:04)

Speaking of the endless arena...
I got myself softlocked. I wanted to see what would happen if I left the final arena without beating the final boss, and I was able to make it through accidentally. However, I apparently need a (null) to unlock the door. I tried going through other portals beforehand,  and they all appeared  to work as expected, not letting me through.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-04-07 04:47:53 (edited by TouchMint 2021-04-07 04:48:56)

@slj no rush but I’m hoping to get feedback on this testing phase as soon as possible. I usually work about 10 hours a day on the game on Thursday and Friday since those are my days off. Again it’s no rush but the sooner I get feedback the sooner I can make changes and move on. I’m hoping to release the game early next month. Testing will likely end in 1 week but there may be 1 more phase with iPads included too.  That said the sooner the better!

@necro yea likely endless arena, new classes, maybe a whole new arena, maybe and this was kind of a surprise but create your own items npcs or even skills (the frame work is already there). It really just depends on how successful things are but at the least endless arena and a class or 2.

@mitch That’s my bad Mitch umm I won’t be able to get to it until Thursday or so but I’ll toss a portal in since I’m sure others will run into that. Maybe you can mess with a diff class until I can get to that or even send me whatever feedback you have and I’ll try to work that into the Thursday update.

Thanks guys. Just an update while I’m waiting for your feedback I’m working on other stuff like redoing the help page and once all the writing is done I gotta deal with iPad redesign.

2021-04-07 11:25:42

wow. that will be very cool.
well, how about creating own arena feature? the player choose how many tournament days, what monsters will appear, etc.

2021-04-09 20:44:56

necrozma wrote:

wow. that will be very cool.
well, how about creating own arena feature? the player choose how many tournament days, what monsters will appear, etc.

yea something like that would be cool but pretty complex to incorporate into this game. anyways its something I have in the notes so hopefully i can get to work.

on the current build side i have leaderboard rankings working and almost have iap working but man its been rough. lots of my code is really old and apple as depreciated some stuff and its nearly impossible to find examples of working code since i still use obj-c. most everything is in swift now ugg. Im slowly getting it to work with trial and error but not something you wanna do with payment strategy lol. Also their testing servers lag a ton so something it works? sometimes it doesnt soemtimes it takes 10 seconds for a response. yea its a mess.

Note: As always the IAP will be very fair. Just like the previous games you can simply play the game to earn EVERYTHING! but if you want to go quicker to unlock stuff or support the game the IAP are an option.

2021-04-09 21:51:29

Just saw this today and have to say I'm thrilled to see you are back TouchMint making these games. I remember helping you with the tutorial for the original games years ago and absolutely loved them. I will eagerly await the release of this game and will be checking back often to check it's progress.

2021-04-09 23:22:58

Hi @TOuchMint:

I played the latter two games in your series; they were pretty good. Would you consider keyboard and tablet support at some point for this game?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-04-10 01:30:51

nolly wrote:

Just saw this today and have to say I'm thrilled to see you are back TouchMint making these games. I remember helping you with the tutorial for the original games years ago and absolutely loved them. I will eagerly await the release of this game and will be checking back often to check it's progress.

Hey really great to hear from you I hope all is going well! I really appreciate you helping write and test a lot of the framework. You and Mitch and some of the other people around here were critical to getting the game to a playable state for this community so thanks again!

2021-04-10 19:23:52

tayo.bethel wrote:

Hi @TOuchMint:

I played the latter two games in your series; they were pretty good. Would you consider keyboard and tablet support at some point for this game?

Well it will work on tablets when released but I’ve never looked into keyboard support. I assume that would be as a mac release? I’m assuming mapping the keyboard keys would be pretty simple seeing my games controls are pretty simple.

I’m still investigating but it looks like my game will auto launch for m1 macs just by me releasing for iPhone and iPad so that’s cool.

2021-04-14 00:01:00

Hey guys I just want to give somewhat of an update. I’m deep into incorporating IAP and admod ads. I know it’s not that exciting but with how old the framework of this game is and to keep it voiceover friendly it’s causing tons of problems most stuff is written for swift so at this point it’s trial and error so it’s taking longer than expected.

I know iap and ads are the worst but if I want to make a free game and be able to spend 40 hours a week making it it’s just something that has to happen.

That said I think I’ve finally figured out a good amount of it but I still need to ensure everything is working smooth before I release next update. I’d say I’m 75% done with this. After this it’s expanding iPhone display for full screen and then adjusting iPad then the game is done so still very close.

Still shooting for completing the game at the end of the month and releasing early May!

2021-04-14 08:02:19

Awesome. Regarding adds: I don't mind since the game is free. The worst issue with adds is you can't find the close button in some of the inaccessible adds. I think Dice World have made a fix for that, but I don't know how they've done it. It's like the adds closes automatically.
For me, adds are only annoying when you have to close the app in the app switcher and start it again because you can't progress because of an inaccessible add.
Keep up the fantastic job.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-04-15 15:26:10

hello, touchmint.
i have a question.
will there be another update to testing version?

2021-04-15 20:28:42

necrozma wrote:

hello, touchmint.
i have a question.
will there be another update to testing version?

There will be one more update hopefully next week with what should be the completed version of the game. with live ads, leaderboard, iap, fullscreen version of iphone game and version of ipad game.

that should be the final testing version. will check for any bugs and hopefully have the game submitted by  the end of the month so I can launch early May.

thats the plan still a lot that can happen but things are very very close.

2021-04-16 07:00:25

hello everyone.
I'm so, so sorry that I haven't been testing.
I will try to explain how and why I stopped, but nothing I say is meant to be a justification.
I know I made a huge mistake when I signed up for testing but then stopped.
with that being said, let me move on to the reason.
I normally use an iPad, and I didn't realize this was an iPhone only version.
I was out of station, and thankfully, there was an iPhone which I could use there.
I started testing there, but we had to leave soon after.
unfortunately, I don't think we have an iPhone that works here, and the only phones we have are androids.
so, I was just skimming through this topic, and I heard that the next version will also work with ipads.
if I'm still in the teem, I'll be more than happy to test that version.
I know that I should have known that we were leaving and written an explanation, but as I said in the reviews topic, the last few weeks were hard, to say the least, and it was hard to plan much of anything.
also, we didn't know how long we were staying.
I'll say again, to touchmint, and to everyone else, I'm sorry for dissappearing like that.
if I'm not in the teem anymore, I totally understand.

2021-04-16 08:00:07

@kavya: No worries. It's not the end of the world. Testing is volunteer jobs. People might be busy and things happens which make people unable to test as expected. That's the reason for there are multiple people on a testing team. So, no worries man.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-04-16 09:01:23

thanks a lot, SLJ. maybe your right.

2021-04-17 21:27:23

kavya wrote:

thanks a lot, SLJ. maybe your right.

Yea absolutely no problem. I’m hoping by the end of this next week I will have testing ready for iPad so you can join us then if not really no big deal!