2021-04-08 00:51:08

so as some of you know, I love reddit. The major drawback is that official app leaves things to be desired in accessibility, and before anyone tells me about things like dystopia and the rest of them, I know about them. The thing about them is there are some things you can't do in third-party apps, chat being a good example. Looking through the subreddit for the reddit mobile app, they have attempted to add voiceover support to some things so I think they'd try to fix their stuff and what's there to lose in trying? for you Who have used the mobile app in the past, what are the things you have seen that could be better?

2021-04-08 02:55:18

I think you can do chat in Dystopia. Anyways I can't really think of much else you can't do, so...

2021-04-08 03:13:42

you can’t give awards in dystopia. And as for the whole chat thing, I think your account can be banned for using it. The end points of the chat API aren’t documented and any script or app that uses it gets shadowbanned. Two other cons is that more likely than not based on how long it’s taking to develop dystopia that it may never be actually released and it’s iOS only so android users don’t have anything

2021-04-08 03:32:17 (edited by Stormy 2021-04-08 03:33:20)

Honestly, I don't think the official Reddit app can improve it's interface to be anywhere near as accessible as the Apollo app. The developer has gone out of his way to include features to make the app easier to use with VoiceOver. Besides the fact that most users are ditching the official Reddit app in a heartbeat for this one, the interface relies a lot on Apple's native interface controls so most elements are labeled and easy to use. The only missing major feature is chat and that's because of Reddit itself. The official Reddit app is certainly usable, but from the VO perspective the interface was more than annoying to get around. Between trying to find a way to quickly move between posts, to dealing with unlabeled buttons, I prefer something a lot  more ... streamlined? I suppose it could improve, but I see it taking a very long time.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2021-04-08 04:57:49

I haven't tried it so can't say for sure. I use Dystopia, which does everything I need and more.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-08 21:42:04

The website needs to be added to the accessibility list. I’m going on 3 days just to get a account and then getting it to pare with Dystopia.

2021-04-08 22:05:40

The website is fairly accessible. Not much you can do about that I’m afraid

2021-04-09 00:00:15

Fairly true, but why isn’t it pairing with the Dystopia app?Is there something that I’m  doing wrong?

2021-04-09 00:11:17

what have you tried? If I know that I’ll be able to help. But let’s move this discussion to private messages so we don’t derail the topic