2021-04-07 03:43:38

Hell, I'll be the first to buy the next game if it comes out. Horror, fantasy or not, is just my shit.
Is level 10 the max? And is there a way to restart the game after finishing it without having to start at level 1, like a new game+ of sort? At least that way I may be able to do something to dracula just for the sake of getting that secret stuff, since it seems that you don't want to add saving point there anyway. And getting to him means fighting these 4 mobs before that every single time, which kills my motivation to get that secret altogether.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-07 05:09:42

@mata
Good to know, thanks in advance for the support!
Yeah, level 10 is the max, but a new game + doesn't exist so far, it would be nasty to implement but as Dark said more than once, it would be plain boring/annoying wandering around without any challenge and rewards as well,
The battle against Dracula is balanced on level 1, do it at an higher level and the next bosses you'll find in the game will pose a higher threat than that battle, do that at level 10 and you'll be able to win against Dracula without even listening the sound.
Both for balancement and storywise that battle can't be touched, Even if Elyon is at level 1, technically in that point of the game his actual level is beyond 10 we might say, since he was at the top of his physical strength, say Elyon could return inside the castle after he ran away and lost his powers, then the 4 tutorial monster would be strong as much as the end game bosses or slightly less... if you catch what i mean.
Savepoint can't exist in that point of the game because Elyon awakens his new powers after he wakes up in the misty coast, if you examined the floating gem in the coast then it's described how Elyon uses his new power to save the game, also he can see the savepoints because he got that new power.
So the battle against Dracula is sealed, no shortcuts... i'd suggest you to not focus on it, what i actually suggest you instead is to play the game until the end and defeat the secret bosses: once you'll do that if you start over the game and try to fight Dracula again, you'll be stronger... even if nothing changed, i promise.

2021-04-07 05:19:40

What do you mean by me being "stronger"? Hopefully it's not just me being more professional at it, cause at this point (I advanced a bit further. Almost out of the manor now) I think I know enough to not mess up now. Then again...I mean not that I care about that fight itself. I just feel like knowing what secret is there when it's meant to be that hard and can't even be saved. It's a boredom to go through those 4 mobs again just for it anyway.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-07 05:51:11

When will Hell Hunter 2 be available? If you would do more games in the series you could take the stance like Castlevania takes. Each game in that series you play as someone different in each game.
Also Dracula is the main villain with the exception that he is not in every Castlevania game.
Instead it might be his son. Just a thought.

2021-04-07 07:04:44

Probably if I were to give a guess at the speed of Dracula in the tutorial area, it's probably at a bit faster speed than the prisoner bonus boss. ust with the capability of killing you in 3 hits.

Something to practice on and that probably has the same speed is that running enemy from the caves of the abyss. The one that dies just blocking it until it strokes out or something. Practice by taking two swipes at it before evading the next rapidly approaching attack. once you get that bit of reflexes down, all you have to do is get used to the sounds for the dracula fight. Not sure if he has any special abilities in that fight, never tried to kill him, though I feel like I can make an attempt, though will probably take a few tries to get used to his particular movement speed. Just hoping he doesn't have insane hp.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-07 11:06:16 (edited by Dark 2021-04-07 11:12:08)

Personally, I wouldn't want a new game plus feature at this point since I like earning xp from fights. However, I do think its rather too easy to max out your character's level, , and that there should either be levels after level 10, or, if making Elyon stronger at that stage would decrease the challenge, some other reward gained for fighting enemies once your maxed level, EG blood vials, quests to kill a certain number of given monster types, special items that drop from enemies etc.

As to Dracula, I don't mind Dracula being the bad guy as in Castlevania and half a hundred other games and films, but I do hope that Hell Hunter tweaks the actual Dracula legend a little somewhat rather than just going with the "oh look, its vlad Tepes Dracula who was this nasty Transilvanian ruler who became a vampire!"

Btw, interesting fact, the real historical Vlad Tepes whom Bram stoker based the vampire on,  is actually a  really interesting character, and for all the impaling and rather draconian ruling, he actually had a code of honour, was a Christian knight timpla, and actually was seen as a local hero for his defence of his Kingdom against the very powerful ottoman empire. Even the Brutality was largely there to scare his opponents into taking him seriously, since he had a lot of very powerful lords who did actually rebel against him, forcing him to flee his own country, then retake it again.

His brother was even fostered in the Tirkish court, so you literally had the two brothers crossing swords with each other across the battle field. There's quite a fantastic Doctor who audio drama entitled Son of the dragon, (a purely historical one), all about him,which even suggests how he became the focus of the vampire mythos.

Not that I'm sure how any of this should fit directly into the Hell Hunter universe, but still I would be interested to see a work of vampire fiction go beyond the usual dracula is standard evil vampire.

Btw, I also notice that in Hell Hunter, he is only ever referd to as "Dracula", never as Vlad tepes dracula or count Dracula, so whether this is even the same count Dracula from the Bram stoker novel, who was supposed to be the historical Vlad tepes returned as a vampire, is itself an interesting question, and one I hope will be answered in future games.

@Mata, once your familiar with the game, its enemies and the combat system, Dracula doesn't seem quite as much an impossibility, which is why its only recommended to try the Dracula fight after finishing the rest of the game.

Beware the spoilers! here come the spoiling spoilers of spoilage! don't read further if you haven't fought the special bosses.

I probably shouldn't mention this, since likely someone will beat Dracula before I do, given that at the moment I don't want to try starting a new game and risk interfering with my lady's save game or hitting the wrong menu option. However, Dracula actually seems to follow a very similar pattern to the mimic boss, three attacks, then an attack with a special, so the pattern is simply dodge, dodge the special, then dodge and hit back three times (I can usually get two swings in for each attack), then dodge, dodge the special, and repeat.

Your room for error isn't large because you don't have many blood vials at that stage, and two or three hits will deplete  your health quickly, so its a long battle, but not an impossible one I think if you've already killed the mimmick boss and have your reflexes used to the pattern, indeed I only used one blood vial with my fight with the mimic, as compared to 5 or 6 with the mist demon, and three or four with the prisoner, and in the prisoner fight it was mainly because annoyingly her central attacks seem just slightly to the left of centre of the stereo field, meaning I tended to hit the wrong direction by accident.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-07 11:31:29

Does dracula at the beginning have the same attack pattern as...actually never mind. I'm gonna find out myself.
I can already see this going castlevania way, though an interactive one. Hey, we eneed this sort of game in our community yo!

2021-04-07 14:32:09

@mata
Correct. The 2 main references of Hell Hunter as you might already figured are Resident Evil and Castlevania, while in Hell Hunter 1 the Resident Evil half was more relevant, in Hell Hunter 2 it will be a bit more Castelvaniesque.

@cyco
Since i'm gonna work on a second project at the same time, the release of Hell Hunter 2 will take more time than the expected so please endure until that day comes, ok?

@Vazbol
It's interesting how you guys are working/reasoning on the Dracula battle, i'm not gonna confirm/deny anything but Dracula requires less hits than the superbosses to be defeated, unless you get hit by the Deadly attack and you ran out of blood vials.

@Dark
Interesting lore about Vlad, i knew just few details among the one you mentioned...
We'll see about that, i'm not used to rely too much on the details of what already exists so i wonder what you will think about what you'll experience in Hell Hunter 2.

spoiler

Yeah, the mimic is a good reference for Dracula, just at the speed of the prisoner, on the plus side you have a shorter time reaction to dodge against the prisoner and the buff makes her faster than Dracula in both reaction and pauses.
PS, yeah the prisoner's attacks are a bit panned on the left on purpose, both for design and for another good reason

2021-04-07 16:50:35

@Tenkarider, I don't know the castlevania series as well as Resident evil. I have read some interesting faqs about resident evil and watched my brother play the first game back in the early 2000's, but for castlevania, I just played through super Castlevania on the Snes, but after that point the games involved a little too much by way of text I could not read and heavier rpg elements for my level of sight to cope with, that when they didn't go totally 3d and thus beyond what was visible.

Heck, Super Castlevania was also pretty hard owing to many small enemies on a badly contrasting background, although I managed it in the end. When in Hell Hunter I encountered Dracula's hall with the dragon, the living armour and the knight and the gargoyle statue, I did think of some of the bosses from that game which was nice.

It'll be interesting to see what Hell Hunter does with Dracula in later games, and as to the first battle, it might be a while before I can try again owing to my lady playing the game, but we'll see.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-07 17:36:55

@Dark
Oh that's cool, my knowledge about Castlevania actually starts from Castlevania: Simphony of the night, one of the best game ever in my opinion, and also the following ones except the rubbish they launched starting from Playstation 3 and so on.
But i saw a bit also the oldest ones, anyway you can expect references to the series anywhere.
Yeah, inside Dracula's castle it's almost all about Castlevania and almost 0% resident evil

2021-04-07 17:47:20

Elyon himself reminds me of Alucard in SotN actually, using sword among other things. He started off with a vampire hunter's blade, which is like Alucard starting out with his sword. If only there was magic involved or anything throwable/usable as secondary weapon...hell!

2021-04-07 20:49:20

@mata
It won't be the same thing but something vaguely similar should appear in a future update.
Now that i finished the game i realize that secondary weapons ala Castlevania would had help a lot both for battle system and to fill the maps of the game with collectible stuff, too bad.

2021-04-07 22:06:45

Could be something to think about for hellhunter 2. Tie in some secondary weapons with unique effects or debuffs for enemies. or leaving unique openings when used at the right time, like against some deadly attacks to interrupt them.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-07 22:59:20

@Vazbol
Not bad as idea, but actually Hell Hunter 2 is already full with a fresh new gimmick which i won't spoil and quite enhances the current battle system.
I'll save this idea for the case in which Hell Hunter 3 will be confirmed

2021-04-08 00:20:38

hi I bought the game then closed the wrong window how can I fix this? I can't download the game or anything, I have my email from paying with paypal

2021-04-08 01:56:44 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-08 02:00:16)

Hi @Valmorian! Thanks for the support first of all!
About the issue you had i think you should write an email to them: [email protected]
They need your email and your transaction number of paypal, so that they can track your purchase and send you the copy of the game with the code.
As i write you, it's about 2:00 AM here, so they will answer tomorrow (i mean, in the morning) i guess.
Please be patient

2021-04-08 03:11:55

Hey. So, first off I want to say great job with the game. I love the story, combat, and atmosphere.
However, I  am kind of stuck.
spoilers ahead.
So, I am in the caves of the abyss. I know I need to find the three dead ends and I think I have found all of them, but I’m not sure what to do after that. Can someone please tell me where the dead ends are, incase I missed one, or if I am missing something? Thanks.

2021-04-08 04:15:24

Hello @Weston! Thanks for playing so far, i'm glad you like the game!

spoiler

Well, the cases are two:
1) You already did what you had to do, now you have to return to the wide area north-east and check again the wind current,
when you checked for the game the 3 dead ends, in that room it will start a cutscene, so you'll know that something changed.
2) In the worst case scenario you still have to check the four smooth walls in the wide area of the caves, until you do that and then you check the wind current in the north-east room for the first time, then the search of the 3 dead ends won't trigger and so you'll also have to explore the 3 dead ends again.

In case of doubt the 3 dead ends are called dead ends when you enter inside the room so you'll know you're inside one of them for sure. Lemme know if that helps!

2021-04-08 05:42:39

@Tenkarider: um, so, like a complete moron, I accidentally hit control on new game instead of load game. So, I guess I will play up to that section again and let you know when I get there.
Spoilers
on the plus side though, I actually beat Dracula in the beginning, and that ending is epic.

2021-04-08 06:07:16

Hi, before purchasing I have a little question. How long is the game?
Thanks

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2021-04-08 12:19:32

@Valmorian, after finishing the Paypal payment, you should have received another email from the audio.it store with your download link and user code for the game after purchase, indeed if I remember rightly, this information isn't shown on the website anymore, just in the email.

@ulisesmonge40, the game is actually pretty long as compared to other adventure audiogames, 5-7 hours to find everything I'd say, especially if you get lost a lot big_smile.

2021-04-08 12:53:50

@Weston
Oh, actually even if you press new game you don't skrew the save data until you decide to save the game in the new game...
By the way... you really did it? That's pretty impressive, you know? And technically that means you're the first player who officially won that battle, congratulations and GG!

2021-04-08 16:19:46

Thanks. Well, I’m already at the manor puzzle anyway, and it probably won’t take too long to get back where I was if I just skip cut scenes.
spoilers
I really liked the Dracula fight. It was tricky, but not too bad when you learned his patterns. Kind of reminded me of something out of dark souls. I can’t wait to see what other games you come out with in the future.

2021-04-08 17:45:31

@Weston
Good, about the battle... yeah i can't say i haven't played souls-like games and definitely love them, surely in hell hunter is designed to have a trial and error learning curve.
At the moment Hell Hunter 2 is on the way

2021-04-08 18:39:11

@Tenkarider:
Awesome. Can’t wait to see what type of crazy monsters you come up with for the next game LOL. Yeah, I love souls like games too. Especially sekiro, shadows die twice.