2021-04-05 02:27:24 (edited by dardar 2021-04-05 02:28:14)

Hello folks!

This started as a bit of a curiosity for me, as I use programming to do nearly all of my sums.
So I asked my twitter, what do people use in the way of a Scientific Calculator these days?
I got a few answers and none were particularly amazing, in my opinion, none really had the functionality I would be looking for were I not a programmer.

So along came this germ of an idea.
Announcing the release of the accessible Scientific Calculator.
Kiss goodbye to nonsense being piped through your screen reader and instead have a calculator that works with you, not against you.
Including trig functions, powers, roots and cube roots, mode changes between decimal, fractions and power notation as well as 10 memory slots, a history for you to easily navigate, in sum navigation and the usual features of standard operators and more it's hard to see how the Accessible Scientific Calculator couldn't cover many, many grounds!

The calculator is also visually clear, making it ideal for educational situations where the support may need to review your work.

I hope you enjoy and the link is thus!
https://nathantech.net/products/software/calculator.php

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-04-05 03:05:05

wow, this has some serious potential, especially seeing as I no longer have a scientific calculator. I know the windows calculator can do some of this already, but accessing all the functions seems extremely complicated and a big pain. Thank you so much for this program. You continue to impress me with each new software release. I hope you keep developing for a long time to come.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-04-05 03:40:25

Can you please open-source this? I'd love to contribute to it -- I have a large amount of scientific code I'd be happy to contribute.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-05 05:55:46

Hey there. Thanks a lot for this one.
Posts 1 and 3, Why not collaborate on this to put the knowledge 3 knows together with what is already there? Just a thought.

2021-04-05 05:59:32

I will lend you impressiveness on good faith since your projects tend to be very good; however, if I add up 0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1+0.1, and I don't get 1, or 1.0, I'm going to lose that impressiveness tongue.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-05 07:17:03 (edited by Ethin 2021-04-05 07:17:56)

@5, uhm... The result will never be 1.0. That's because of floating point error. With that kind of thing you'll always get 0.9999999999999999, or something along those lines, because your adding fractions (in this case 1/10), not exact values.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-05 07:21:44

that's his point, hopefully this program will actually account for floating point errors. If the calculator does running results then this shouldn't be a problem.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-04-05 11:49:40

Wow, tested it, and it's quite fast! and accessible and usable the way i would love to use a calculator.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-04-05 14:27:29

OMG, you have no idea the perfect timing this came in. I'm in that grade of school where Scientific calculaters are used alot and it would be much easier to use something like this on my laptop and not my tablet. Keep it up with the accessible programmes man

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-05 17:50:30

Yeah. This is going to come in really nice and handy for me, I think.
Thanks for making this.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-05 21:06:21

keep up the good work man thummbed up

2021-04-06 02:15:29

Hope @1 and @3 will collaborate together. Nice work you've put into it when ever I will retake presential classes and to do math again!

73 Wj3u

2021-04-06 04:30:00

If APH did this they'd charge like 300 bucks.  You're helping out more than you may realize.

2021-04-06 14:09:00

I'd also love to see this app open sourced... it's great!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.