2021-04-05 03:46:53

*** Spoilers SPOILERS ***

So, is there a purpose to the doll one gets if they decide to lie to the little girl. Considering telling the truth results in no reward, I'm curious what will happen if I carry this doll around.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-05 04:10:23

Any hint where the corpse with the shovel in the cave of the abyss is? So close to getting out of the cave and this one is driving me crazy.

2021-04-05 07:23:35

Are the puzzles in the game randomize each time you play through the game? This would actually give the game more replay value.
What I mean by randomize puzzles is this. When you are in the library trying to unlock the throne room you have to find three books. If the puzzles in the game are set to randomize then the next time you play the game the books will be in different places in the library then where they was in the last play through.

2021-04-05 07:56:04

*** SPOILERS ***

@77 that corpse requires you to go all the way back to the very start of the cave at the healing save point. one of those 4 initial exits takes you to a dead end route, and that's the body you need to find in order to escape. the hint for this is the shortcut in the passages zone with a slide. it takes you two rooms away from the start area with the healing save point.

Assuming the game is the same: go east, and then west from the first room to get to the corpse.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-05 08:03:17

Do anyone know if you can defeat Dracula the first time you meet him at the begining of the game?

2021-04-05 12:03:08

@cyco
You know, this is exactly what i wanted to do before launching the game, so that who played the demo might still have some trouble in the manor, but since it would require extra lines of dubbing, i think that i'll rather save the random feature for one future update so it will be more entertaining to play again, in resident evil 3 something like that was done with items, so...
About Dracula... yes, you can actually defeat him! But it's the hardest challenge of Hell Hunter, if anyone will ever be able to achieve this task, then a secret ending shall be revealed to such a valiant player

@vazbol
Thanks, that hint will definitely help @cwfenton

@Dark
Well not like they got rid of the plague in hell hunter...
spoilers
The Banshee is loud, the ghost is silent and increments its voice and also has a shorter reaction time, they should be avoided until you find the holy symbol

2021-04-05 12:08:49

@Vazbol

spoiler

Actually no, the effect of the doll is kinda the description of the item...
In this quest the reward doesn't have a physical shape, on the other hand what you get with a physical shape is definitely not a reward... but don't worry, no matter what you answer, both the decisions will allow you to complete the game at 100%

2021-04-05 14:48:03

I love the concept and i did buy the  game but the combat is too fast for me to keep up with.

2021-04-05 14:57:08

Hello @michaelhoffman1976 thanks for the support!
Oh, i see... may i ask you if there's a battle in particular which you cannot win?

2021-04-05 15:16:25

Bought it yesterday. Tbh I wish there was more to do than the same old dodge left right blah blah blah. Abilities, skills, goodness man there're lots of ways to make this interesting.
How the heck do you avoid dragon fire anyway? Keep dodging from that direction constantly while ducking around its fang?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-05 16:28:04 (edited by Dark 2021-04-05 16:31:30)

@michaelhoffman1976, the best advice I can give for the battles, is concentrate on dodging first, since your far more likely to get hit when trying to attack at the wrong time. Learning how much time between enemy aattacks, and how many times you can swing  is the strategy of the game, but I found myself, I did far better when I thought about dodging first.

@mata, yes, you dodge left and right and wail away with the up arrow, but honestly this is one of the best implementations of that mechanic I've seen, battles can be surprisingly tricky, and there are some very unique environmental effects aneat nd little mechanical twists that keep you on your toes.

Indeed, I started this one expecting something similar to blindquest, a fun and dramatic adventure with interesting environments to explore, monsters to smack and some light puzzles, but not anything that would surprise me or give me too much trouble, however, I'm pleased to say I very much got more than I bargained for.

spoilage ahoy! if you've not gone on a sea voyage, read no further because here come spoilers.

Wow! that hole sea section was awesome, and the  kraken fight was epic! I also like the way fights like the zombie captain need you to count attacks and take notice, actually I should have done that with the construct fight on the speedboat since I kept getting hit bit's y special attack and ended up using far more blood vials than I should have done.

Still, we live and learn, and I can tell the next section is going to get intense!

Actually, its interesting that Hell Hunter largely sets you going through one section of story at a time, and gives you slightly different challenges in that section, then opens up later.
blind quest 1 was entirely sequential, but let you back track at any time, and required this for secret quests and easter eggs, where as blindquest 2 was more choose which zone to go to, and fury driver moon walks just gave you one huge map with a couple of smaller bits that opened later.

It's an interesting difference in design, though for the little challenges and puzzles Hell Hunter uses, especially the way it keeps the tension going and has so many shocks, the design is pretty good.

The only thing I'm actually missing in Hell Hunter specifically, is upgradable weapons and armour, and maybe a few more combat buffs in battles. Blindquest 2 tried to add some crafting, but the system isn't working entirely as it should at the moment.

Now, once I've grabbed some coffee its on to the torture big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-05 19:28:21 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-05 19:32:41)

Hello @mata, thanks for the support!
Well, you wouldn't have troubles in dodging dragon's breath if the battle was exactly the same old stuff... as described in the dialogue with the dragon, the dragon breath is a deadly attack: a custom feature of hell hunter which expand the original battle system and add many extra effects to the battle; also, even if you dodge a dragon's breath the fire won't extinguish just by dodging, what i want to say it's that the attacks in hell hunter are not just a different way to pan the sound alert which tells you to dodge attack: the sound lasts for the amount of seconds its supposed to last in a battle against a monster and will hinder your perception of the following attacks.
Anyway to answer your question you dodge it like any other attack, so once you hear your dodge sound then you dodged it for good so there's no need to keep dodging or something, but the sound of deadly attacks is persistent and overlaps with the other sounds.
In any case the dragon is just a tutorial battle so you have the time to gain some confidence with the battle system
I decided to not rely on flashy stuff like spells and skills (from the player's side) and decided on purpose to improve the use of BQ1 battle system plus using the sound in way which extends the simple use of numbers and grinding.
Said that i hope you'll proceed in the game and experience what happens next and how the gimmicks will expand through the game

@Dark
Thanks! Since Hell Hunter is supposed to be more an horror game than a rpg i decided to not proceed in that direction, also because in that way the gimmicks would start to look similar to BQ2.
On the other hand in a future update of HH1 there will be an upgrade of the battle system which goes in that direction but not in the way you expect: let's say that rather than treating weapons like equipments, they would be treated like gimmicks, but i won't spoil further...
About extra buffs, in Hell Hunter 2 there will be much more extra effects and the whole battle system will be extended further

2021-04-05 19:54:22

Thank you man. Now I feel like tackling dracula to get the secret ending lol.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-05 20:34:32

actually I'll admit the game is continuing to surprise me with where the story goes, heck, I think it goes places no audiogames have gone before, which was quite unexpected, but not necessarily unwelcome, nasty though those places are big_smile.

Extra weapons, special etc, I'm content to wait on, especially since Bq2 hasn't quite got the system sorted yet, but it would be nice if there was a sound indicator for when you pick up a blood vial or rise in level, since I find I tend to skip through the report of the xp if it's a monster I've killed before, so don't tend to realise when I get other good stuff from the battle.
This is particularly true since I've got rather lost in the current area and gone from level 6 to level 8 by intensive wandering around and much slaying of monsters big_smile.

Spoilers ahoy! do not continue with spoilers unless you've made it to the caves of the abyss!

The torture scenes were really quite effective, particularly how long each action sequence was and how the ability to look at objects interspersed with the story. I was debating how you'd get out of that one, and when, and I liked the method, then again I am a bit of a buffy the vampire slayer fan, so I like my vampires evil sadistic demons from hell! not shiny happy cuddly people big_smile.

Caves of the abyss is a wonderfully tough maze, especially with the unclear exits.
I'm liking the challenge so far, although sometimes cursing when it seems I'm about to get out and don't, though maping the area, and understanding which parts of the maze have trust worthy exits and which don't is an interesting challenge, albeit I might well be cursing soon if I can't find all the things I need. I'm currently looking for dead ends. Have found two of them, but not sure if that is enough or if I need others, but we'll see.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-05 21:02:42

When you do add randomize to the game please add randomize to all the puzzles.
I am not asking for a spoiler in the question I am going to ask. If you beat Dracula at the begining of the game.
Will that end the game or take you to the sea?

2021-04-05 21:11:41

@mata
haha, as far as i know no one ever won against Dracula and actually i'm not expecting anyone will succeed, althought it might be interesting in case that happens

@Dark
glad to keep surprising you wink
Uhm a sound notification in case you level up or get something? I might think about it, doesn't sound much troublesome to do that.
Ouch, i expected that someone might exit from there at level 8, still i hoped people at a certain point would start skipping the monsters both to not level up too much and because it might be boring fighting too much.
The actual expected level to exit from there should be 7 so you're overleveled, hope you exit before leveling up further.

spoiler

That's cool... i put maximum effort into it so it's nice to see that it worked!
If you want to know there's a third one, watch out!

2021-04-05 21:22:55

@cyco
Actually aside randomizing puzzles i'd have hard times in randomizing anything else, maybe i might randomize monster spawn (it would be handy to avoid unwanted grinding when getting lost or something) but randomizing parameters would be no less than dangerous for balancement i think.
Since i said it's a secret ending...
In any case if you still have to play the game i definitely suggest you to play the game before, if you're considering that challenge, that will save you a lot of frustration and also give you more chances to face Dracula

2021-04-05 21:57:29

Spoilers for Cave of the Abyss

There are three dead ends. Once you've found them all, go back to the one with the standing corpse and you'll be told where to go to find another clue. Once you've found the clue, you'll need to find a corpse in the cave depths with a tool to remove the clue you found. A prior message makes note of where to find the corpse.

Just beat the game this morning, though not at 100%. Think I got to 89%. And for those who are curious, the ending screams sequel!

I saw the super boss. I think the hardest boss I've seen next to the super boss is the demon in the misty area. Once you figure out his pattern, he's beatable without needing to use a vial, but it takes concentration.

2021-04-05 22:14:31

@cwfenton

spoiler

To be precise there's no need to return once more from the standing corpse, you can go directly to the next spot after exploring the dead ends, i added that message so that even in the worst case scenario the player would stumble into it.

Congratulation for beating the game!

Beware, i defined superbosses all the secret bosses of the game, i defined that one a way in the middle between a monster and a superboss but that is, a gimmicky monster indeed.
Mist Demon is a full fledged superboss.

2021-04-05 22:45:15

the dragon one and the armor is kind of tough also. I just don't have the finger speed to dodge  i guess. l lol.

2021-04-05 22:51:54

but dodging won't kill the creature i'm battling so i have to attack it eventually.

2021-04-05 22:54:35 (edited by Dark 2021-04-05 23:02:00)

I was only about fifteen hundred XP from level 7 when I got to the caves of the abyss, so at that point deliberately ground up to level 7 since I wasn't sure either how long the caves were, or whether there would be chances to find more blood vials at that stage. I also kept looking at multiple objects to remined me which cave I was in, so running into rather more fights than I intended.

I might try the Dracula challenge when I've finished the rest of the game, but obviously there's a lot more to do first, for a start I need to find my way out of these caves big_smile.

As far as randomised puzzles go, I'm not sure myself, since its the logic of working out what is where (even as regards harder mazes), that keeps the game interesting.

It might be nice though to have some say monster loot quests or the like requiring a bit more backtracking, just as an extra.

2021-04-05 23:16:16

hi, i I quite like the game. i just have a problem that can be resolved if you allow us to turn down the volume of music when it's playing as I do find sometimes I can't hear the sounds. it's just something that I would like to be considered for a future update.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2021-04-05 23:34:26

I am stuck in the woods with the wolves. No matter which way I go I keep getting kill by the wolves.
Please give a clue not a spoiler.

2021-04-05 23:48:37

Well I'm out of those blasted caves! Hurrah! I also didn't look at cave spoilers, but worked it out myself which was nice, although it took me until level 9 to do that big_smile.

I think part of the problem, is that since the caves aren't named and have confusing exits, its necessary to look at the objects to find out where you are, however most of the objects are behind monsters. A simple way to insure people don't out level themselves in the game, would be just to change the order of things a bit, and place the various rocks, corpses, pickaxes etc, immediately to one side of the exits in given caves, so people didn't accidently stumble into so many battles when simply going from place to place as I did, or maybe I'm just more confused and did more wandering than I was supposed to big_smile.

@cico, remember what the sign says: "don't turn around?" And if you talked to metaguy before going inside castle dracula that should help.

Beware! spoilers ahoy for forest of werewolves.

Once the werewolf pack starts chasing you, only use one arrow to go through the objects. So if you press right arrowo, go on pressing right arrow. You can hit left arrow to dodge during fights, but that's it, in the world map, only use left.
Visa versa if you hit left arrow after looking at the sign.
Hth.