2021-04-04 16:14:10

How do I turn on the voice once I log in?
Also, have you tried to install in the virtual machine?

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2021-04-04 17:44:59

do it on a real phone, much easier.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-04-04 17:47:36

a strange thing that happened with remix os last time i tryed was that when talkback was on and the mouse moved the computer completely froze up and i had to force restart it

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-04-04 18:38:09

I do have an android vm that I use and the voice for it turns on automatically.

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2021-04-04 19:25:50

@2 is correct I would use an android phone or tablet. it is going to be a hole lot easier.

2021-04-04 21:47:53 (edited by serrebi 2021-04-04 21:52:20)

Do this instead. I know it looks complicated, but it works really well...
https://beebom.com/how-install-chrome-os-on-pc/
There is a script, BRCR-update used for updates that makes the update process easy as well.
https://github.com/BiteDasher/brcr-update
I believe Google doesn't care about this, as they are probably planning cloud ready to turn into whatever they're going to call their x86 OS.

2021-04-04 22:54:51

This sounds really interesting. Is this the real Chrome OS with all the features associated with it? I've tried Cloud Ready, but it doesn't support Android or Linux apps and I'm not sure if the version of ChromeVox it ships with is full-featured, particularly since I thought there would be more TTS voices available than just the horrible Android Google TTS. I'd really like to try Chrome OS, but I don't want to spend money on a really expensive Chrome OS device when I've got a few nice desktops at home with 8 GB RAM and plenty of storage. If this gives me the true Chrome OS experience, it'll be great!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2021-04-04 23:50:57

i havent looked at it, but if it uses brunch, then yes

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-04-05 02:36:56

It is easier to get a phone, yes, but it also costs money to get a phone, so testing Android in a VM is a great way to determine whether or not you want to make the investment.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-05 04:03:33

@9 not completely, you are going to have a different experience with a keyboard than a touch device. Also, keep in mind some apps don't like it when using keyboards when navigating around.

2021-04-05 04:51:36

@9 don't determine if you want an Android device through a VM, the answer based on that alone will  always be hell no. A VM is really only useful to get accustomed to how Android / talkback works, and even that only through keyboard shortcuts. The experience is far from ideal and far from anything you'd get even on cheaper devices.
Now I perfectly understand some people can't or don't want to buy a phone, that's absolutely ok too, just bare in mind you're getting an experience that doesn't come close to the real thing.
For sighted users, this is actually not such a huge gap. Android x86 emulation did come far, the problem is that nobody really worked on some more up to  date things and getting them pre configured for blind users, which is also probably not an easy task. If I remember right, the last images we have are based on Android 9, but that isn't even the problem, that's not so out of date, the problem is more that we can't really install this accessibly as a secondary operating system. If we could, the experience would probably be much better.

2021-04-05 05:15:09

If you want to run Android apps without buying a device, the best way is to run Chrome OS, either by buying a device running it or using the method outlined above to install it on any of your extra computers that are lying around. I'm really curious to test this out at some point in the near future. I've heard TalkBack is automatically enabled in the Android container if you're using Chrome Vox. Yes, you'll have to use a keyboard, but last I checked, TalkBack has reasonably good keyboard support. I'm very curious to see if I can get things like BARD working on a regular Intel computer using the Android container on Chrome OS. The more I read about Chrome OS, the more I want to try it. Running Android apps on a desktop interface is badass!

2021-04-05 10:28:22

# 4 How did you first activate your voice?
# 6 Thank you! Sounds exciting. I'm wondering if you can install apps from Google Play or .APK.
I'm curious if I can install this in the virtual machine.

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2021-04-05 16:08:53

I would also be interested in trying out this Chrome OS method. I'd assume, since it has been posted here that there are no issues from an accessibility point of view? In particular, what about the Linux distribution you have to boot into? I haven't used Linux a lot so don't have experience with that distribution, can you get Orca going?

2021-04-05 18:40:37

By the looks of that article, you use CloudReady, which you need to turn the speech on, IIRC. Mint Cinnamon is....well, it's not acccessible, and that article makes it read like it won't work if use use Mint Mate however, but the terminal, which Orca should work well with.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-04-06 01:51:54

So, is remix OS like, some kind of android OS For PC’s?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-04-06 02:12:39

@16 asking the same.

73 Wj3u

2021-04-06 02:56:40

its android but made to work with pc with like multiple windows and stuff, but last i checked, talkback on and a mouse moving equals a hard crash of everything

2021-04-06 04:47:35 (edited by Chris 2021-04-06 04:52:52)

When I asked about using Chrome OS without a monitor, someone said you could run Orca in a screen terminal window to access Linux GUI apps. From what I've been able to gather from my research, Chrome OS runs a Debian virtual machine. You initially have access to the command line, which is presumably how you install software and updates to Linux itself. Linux apps you install are added to the Chrome OS launcher and you can run them from there, but I don't think ChromeVox works with GUI applications, hence why running Orca in a screen terminal window makes sense.

2021-04-06 11:57:08

hmm, interesting, definitely gonna try that crome OS thing out, sounds great as hell! I mean, I always wanted to see how crome OS works, the virtual machine is waiting already, rofl.
About remix OS, if that's the case, I continue swaring by android x86, even if I have to dismantle the installer and install each partition of it separately, then use sighted assistance to enable talkback.