2021-04-04 16:59:02 (edited by Talpaiute 2021-04-04 17:42:05)

I am passionate about all that nuclear physics means and I would really like a program that tells me:
1 half-life of each unstable isotope
2 the chain of transformation of unstable elements into stable elements
3 abundance in nature
4 way of formation (for example, for the isotope 3-H, tritium: it is created by neutron activation of lithium/boron or bombardment of deuterium atoms with high energy deuterons).
Exist something like this? I use Windows10 with NVDA.

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2021-04-04 20:36:42 (edited by magurp244 2021-04-04 20:43:02)

I don't think such an accessible program exists, no. The closest thing would be that new accessible periodic table, but additional granularity or information for Nuclear Physics or radioisotope decay rates kind of goes down a bit of a rabbit hole. It could certainly be an interesting project to look into in the future.

Having said that though, that kind of information can be found on wikipedia [here], which lists all the radioisotopes and their decay rates, from years to nano-seconds on the periodic table. There's also similar information for [Decay Chains], which may at least partially answer your question on the chain of transformation of unstable elements into stable elements. For formation, you can check [this] article, which covers some of it. There may also be some interesting information on Radioactive Decay [here] and [here] that you may find useful.

For abundance in nature or more information, I can do a bit more digging. If your interested in other aspects of nuclear physics, like [DIY fusion reactors] or plasma physics, there's some other resources I can pull up. I could also clean up and repost the list of radioisotopes and decay rates, if you like.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2021-04-04 22:35:33

Oh, thanks for this very well documented answer. I'll study this.

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.