2021-04-04 11:56:57 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-04 12:09:25)

@sethgamer
Seems like you didn't receive my PM, so i sent you an email on tour Gmail account, please let me know if now everything Is ok!

@vazbol

Spoiler

Yeah, the mimic Is one of the secret superbosses, level 6 Is absolutely too low, i suggest you to finish the game before, since secret quests should be started at lv 8.
One special note for the Misty area: never ever save in the save point behind the spectral haze if you don't have enough Blood vials to defeat another spectral haze and so escape from Misty area 4... Spectral haze Is the strongest normal monster of the game and will probably make you waste at least one Blood vial if you are below level 9.
On a side note Mimic Is designed for a player at level 9 or you'll get mincemeated in case you stumble in its deadly Attack.
There are some monsters which provides healings with higher drop rates anyway

2021-04-04 12:07:04 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-04 12:07:51)

@musicalman
Congratulations for finishing the game! Now please enjoy the secret quests

Spoiler

As said above, Misty area Is Dangerous... You shouldn't enter if your level Is below 8 and with a decent stock of Blood vials... at least enough to escape from misty area 4

2021-04-04 15:18:27 (edited by Dark 2021-04-04 16:02:03)

@cwfenton, thanks for that, it worked. I need to remember to try examining objects more than once. Now I need to get through that surprisingly tricky fight with the ghost.

Actually, to say that the basic mechanics of the combat in this game are those of blindquest 1, dodge and hit, the combat is surprisingly entertaining, and can be quite tricky at times, especially when there is a lot of noise going on.

also, I was rather amused at all the resident evil nods in the manner big_smile.

Edit: Okay, demo finished, and wow a creepy ending demo message there and a great cliffhanger ending.

time to buy the full game and see what happens next.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-04 16:28:00 (edited by musicalman 2021-04-04 16:31:07)

Okay so, the hazes are designed to be that tricky. Glad it's not just me. And yeah I'm on level 9, and found the way to get to level 10, so I should be set.
@Vazbol I haven't seen that yet! But I think I know what key you're talking about, as I picked up a key recently. Will have to check that out.

Will also have to investigate that prisoner bonus boss you mentioned. I may have already seen it though, my memory is still becoming acquainted with the game and trying to remember the different levels, so I might be a bit slow in remembering things by name.

One thing I'm really liking about this game, especially now that I'm doing the secret quests, is that there's a nice balance of repetition and exploration. You can go through it just doing what the game tells you, or you can randomly go back and explore stuff and the dialog will dynamically change depending on where you are in the story. Especially near the end of the game where you have the choice to either complete the adventure or go after secrets.

Put simply, I've given up saying "Surely I don't need to go back there!" Because low and behold, there is actually something new to look at.

I know this is probably not that big a thing in the grand scheme of things and story driven games have been doing this for years, but this game is one of the first where I've paid attention to that.

Edit: typos

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-04-04 16:45:07

Okay I've bought the game myself, but after describing things to my lady, she was interested to try it, her being a horror fan, however I'm not sure how I'd go about buying her a copy, since when I pay with paypal, the website directly sends the game to my email address.

Would it be okay for me to buy a copy, have it sent to me, and then forward the email on to her, and do the setup from there, or is there a way to get a copy sent directly to her email address.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-04 17:01:53

@dark
Great job with the demo! It's nice that you liked it, also thanks for the support!
Well as i said some time ago just because the structure is the same it doesn't mean that the game is the same as well...

@musicalman
If you are at level 9 then you can go fight anything in the game, even better if you do that before level 10, some of the bosses might result less entertaining, you know...

Spoiler

The secret bosses are supposed to be defeated in order at level 8, 9 and 10
Unfortunately the last one was supposed to be faster so in future i'll buff It so It can reach the expected level of difficulty, not like It will be a piece o' cake, of course...

2021-04-04 17:11:08 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-04 17:13:51)

@dark
I don't know how it works exactly but technically whoever has the link to the game and then uses the code on It, should be able to play it on the hardware in which It was downloaded and activated.
Recently another user (It was @toto i think ) Did a giveaway of two copies of Hell Hunter so it's surely possible to do

2021-04-04 18:50:13

I will check on buying another copy of the game.

Actually, I rather liked blindquest myself, so similarity is no problem to me, although some of the ways Hell hunter uses the system, and some of the puzzles and mechanics are an interesting surprise, aside from the fact that this is simply a different world, story and game with very much its own atmosphere and style, as well as its own down right awesome environment and music.

Now to play back to that confrontation at the end of the demo and continue from there.

2021-04-04 19:11:16

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Just completed the lumberjack secret, as well as fought the mimic in the treasure room. That battle is awesome by the way! Also went back through that nightmare of the abis and revealed to the girl from the village that I had found her father.

I still need to find the remaining secrets though, I'm at 92 percent so I'm guessing there's at least one left. Not really sure where to look at the moment.

2021-04-04 19:39:43

Okay this is mildly frustrating, I bought a new copy of the game, downloaded it onto my lady's laptop, and only then found out that the game won't run on 32 bit windows.

I don't mind as much contributing to  the Hell hunter developers, indeed I'd actually forgot my lady's machine was running! 32 bit windows, but it is mildly annoying both to buy something that does not work, and for my lady, who was looking forward to playing the game and now can't until she gets a new computer.

2021-04-04 20:02:37

@dark
Ouch, i'm sorry for the both of you... as mentioned in the first post the game is available for 64 bit windows sad

@musicalman

spoiler

Nice job and thank you! The one in the mist was supposed to be fought at level 8 so i guess you were overleveled, too bad... have you fought the one in misty area 1?
If you have any issue in finding other secrets how 'bout following the hint of MetaGuy? He said that maybe it was worth to check out the corpses you found along your travel to hearing their last thoughts

2021-04-04 20:08:15 (edited by Dark 2021-04-04 20:12:36)

@Tenkarider, lol, I'm feeling like a big idiot for not checking the first post, but hay, no problem.

My lady will likely be getting a new machine at some point, and in the mean time she can always borrow mine,

although I'll probably have to finish the game first myself since I believe its just one save game at a time.

Btw, just out of interest, if the copy was downloaded but never activated, could it be used by someone else? since it seems a shame for me to have bought a copy which won't be used when there are other people who may well want to play the game.

2021-04-04 20:49:09

@Dark
Well, as far she can play my game it's fine!
Since you didn't use the code yet, then someone else can download it and use that code, so yes... it's possible to do that

2021-04-04 21:33:06

Hi,

Looking forward to playing this; the demo was awesome. If anyone is doing giveaways of this game, I would like a copy, definitely. If not, hopefully I should have some funds at some point. How much does the game cost?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-04-04 21:39:07

Speaking of user codes, I have a question.

Are there limits on the amount of times a code can be used? I normally reformat my PC once or twice a year. What if I get a new PC in a few years, will that affect anything?

I know on some games eg. Tomb Hunter, you can manage the computers the games are licensed on. I haven't looked to see if the audio games association has that sort of system. I should check into that I guess.

2021-04-04 21:58:50

@tayo.bethel
Seems like Dark might do a giveaway of a copy of Hell Hunter, maybe if you're lucky...
On the other hand for the Easter weekend Hell hunter is on sale at 4,90€ i don't know after the weekend...

@musicalman
As far as i know a single code works on a single hardware, if you use it then it won't work elsewhere.
Still you might ask to them, anyway tomorrow i'll ask too see if they provide an extra free code to a user who already bought a copy of the game for cases like this

2021-04-04 23:17:16 (edited by Dark 2021-04-04 23:18:57)

@Tenkarider, That is indeed what I will do.

@tayo.bethel, indeed, I actually do have a spare copy, and it'd be much nicer if it was used, then I can buy my lady her own copy of the game when we upgrade her pc.

If you let me know your email address, either via pm or forum email if your not content to write it here,  I'll send it along.

2021-04-05 01:34:29

Heh. Actually, anyone know what area or enemy drops blood vials commonly enough? Might as well hit them up while I grind for exp to lv 8 or 9. Considering how tight some of the timing is on one boss, having some healing would help than the 3 vials I have.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-05 01:41:48

@hi @Dark:

No problem I'll post it here.
[email protected]

Thanks.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2021-04-05 01:51:55

@Vazbol
I might be surprised if someone else except me would know that info after 2 days since the release of the game...
So below i'll list the best blood farms in the game:

SPOILER

- Zombie crows are kinda the easiest and less game-breaking farm: they drop at 35% while other monsters usually do around 10%
- Fish man and Humanoid turtle in order drop at 25% and 30% and are also good to gather experience points
- Lurker (that monster in the cave of the abyss which attacks you making 3 steps) drop at 40% and gives 300 experience points,
   the best in order, after spectral haze... anyway that monster spawns only if you have 3 or more blood vials, besides you have to
   kill it before it escapes
- Mannequin, it gives an insane amount of exp and drops at 100% altough it might be considered a sorta of superboss in a way but
   technically is a normal monster and respawns, i'd hardly call it a farm since if you can kill it easily then you probably don't need to
   farm this guy

2021-04-05 02:07:37

@tayo.bethel, email sent. Enjoy the game.

I'm liking thus far, I've finished the harbour village, though I don't know how well I would've done with the secret passage puzzle were it not for accidently reading the hint earlier in this topic big_smile.

Oh, and I was rather amused given the current world situation, that I got the chance to pound on those plague spreaders big_smile.

2021-04-05 02:30:47

@Dark
Cool, i wonder if people actually skip spoilers anyway...
Hahaha, i might not be surprised if someone could actually point out some similarities with covid

2021-04-05 02:34:20

@Dark:

I got it, thanks. Question, can I activate more than one copy of the game with the code or is it single use only While I want to put this on my Mac, it would be nice to be able to play this on my windows PC as well.?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2021-04-05 02:48:59

@tayo.bethel
Unfortunately one code will activate the game only in the hardware in which you downloaded the game and used the code

2021-04-05 03:19:39 (edited by Dark 2021-04-05 03:21:53)

Well, it would be nice to get rid of Covid by simply beating up the correct undead big_smile.

I actually do try to avoid reading spoilers when I can, but sometimes I end up reading them by accident just when I'm viewing other posts, or in this case, before I bought the game big_smile.

Okay am going to have to call it a night for now since I'm getting rather tired, but I'm enjoying the sea voyage so far with the different encounters.

Spoilage ahoy! if you've not been on a boat don't read on because here come the spoilers!

I really liked the different stuff bothering you on your voyage, and ghost ships are always fun to explore, though oddly enough I found dodging the banshee far easier than the bog standard ghosts for some reason big_smile.

Looking forward to finding that holy symbol and getting some payback, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.