2021-04-03 17:53:44

As the title says Jaws doesn't save settings suchs as reading speed, punctuation etc. as long as i reset  everything has gone. What to do?

2021-04-03 18:16:30 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-04-03 18:16:38)

Are you saying that, if you were to carry out the exact same sequence of actions on a different version of JAWS, the settings would have saved? Make sure they're permanent settings, and not settings that are set to reset when a different window is entered, or when the session ends.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-03 19:29:57

@2
No i've barely installed jaws2021 and got new settings done. when i re launch the Jaws. İt speaks slower than it supposes to be.

2021-04-03 19:33:18

Make sure you apply your settings from a permanent place (such as the Startup Wizard or Settings Centre).

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-03 21:57:10

With jaws, if you are wanting to increase the voice speed, do that, then click on apply, then OK,,, I think? That’s how it’s supposed to work. Haven’t used jaws in a long time. I also have a question kind of related to jaws , do you really have to reactivate it if you were to upgrade your ram?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-04-03 22:46:10

How do you increase the speed? If you use
WIN+LCTRL+ALT+PGUP/DOWN then its only temporary and so it will die once you restart

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-04-03 23:43:55 (edited by FamilyMario 2021-04-03 23:44:48)

@nuno There's an option in the Voice Settings dialog box to adjust speech rate. You can find that under the Options Menu under the Voices submenu.

2021-04-03 23:54:11

The whole temporary settings thing just confuses me. Why not have a command to make the current state either temporary or permanent?

2021-04-04 01:34:49

at 5
do you really have to reactivate it if you were to upgrade your ram?
That used to be the case a number of years ago back in the JAWS 7 days, but over the last few years, FS has relaxed the authorisation system so that if you upgrade your ram, or upgrade a firmware, the key will now stay on the hard drive. Even better you can reset the number of keys now just by going to FSActivate without having to call them company up.

2021-04-04 03:01:05

Wow
It’s a good thing they relax for me, that seems pretty absurd to me.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-04-04 08:49:54

well, first, do you have more then one version on your computer...
And i just increase the speed with.
Control function windows and alt with up and down arrow. And if you have more then one version on your computer it could be launching another version i don't no.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-04 10:36:38

@7 I know, I just told him that he should adjust it permanently.
@MinionSlayer this is understandable for me, the keystrokes are for fast configuration, not for perma settings

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-04-04 11:16:53

@Nuno
i actually do it based on perminant settings. but, it doesn't save settings. as soon as i reset it's all gone.

2021-04-04 11:32:42

Delete %appdata%\freedomscientific.