2021-04-03 13:28:30

@Naruto
Basically what leveling up changes are Life Points, attack and defense: while attack and defense have a linear increment, Life Points increment a lot... so an extra level up makes you kill an enemy in less attacks and you can resist more hits before you need to use a blood vial or before you die.
Since i studied the parameters of the enemies according to the progresses in the game and more or less i know which level a player will reach in a certain area, most of the times the player will be at the expected level or one level below the expected (on purpose), unless the player gets stuck and goes in circle for a while, in that case it will get the expected level or one level above the expected. Since this structure is quite rigid and Elyon caps at level 10, one level below the expected means you're underleveled; one level above the expected means you are overleveled.
To make a long story short one level up helps a lot and the more you level up, the more that's true

2021-04-03 14:03:58

Hi @yousuf, thanks for your support! I answered the email, please check the answer.
By the way i think that emailing the site would solve things faster rather than asking to me about those types of issue, since i then have to report to them anyway...

2021-04-03 14:19:41

hi
are the sounds of the attack the same as in the demo version or changed?

2021-04-03 14:23:48 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-03 14:24:55)

Hello @toto, are you asking about enemy attacks or Elyon's ones? The sound of your attacks is changed a bit, now you don't hear an impact on metal anymore when you press up but just the swing of the blade instead
The enemies of the demo didn't require an upgrade if i'm not wrong, anyway there's a plenty of new monster with new sounds in the full version

2021-04-03 14:38:36

and the sound when I hit the enemy or just the sound of the tossing of the empty blade?

2021-04-03 14:43:19

@toto, when you hit an enemy each enemy has his own hit sound

2021-04-03 15:00:28

well I'm going to get a full version. and I want to give someone one copy or appear willing?

2021-04-03 15:20:26

@toto
Sounds great, thanks for the support!

2021-04-03 17:23:41

@5
for the screen reader in unity this add-on was used or so I think:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … -uap-87935

2021-04-03 18:15:52 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-03 18:17:00)

Hi @JamesPotter! Good to know that, i'll let it know to the staff, thanks for pointing that out!

2021-04-03 22:52:39

Okay I don't know if I'm missing something here, but I seem to be completely stuck in the demo.

Beware! spoilers ahoy for defeating the nosferatu.

I have gone into the manner in the wastelands, beaten the nosferatu and am besieged by the zombie hoard, however I can't find any way to progress.

I have used the iron bar from the quiet room to reinforce the door, but everything else is either locked, or does nothing to help at all.

I'm pretty sure that I've been in every room and examined everything there is to examine, but there seems no way to progress.

I gather its something to do with the three locked doors in the kitchen, quiet room and clock room labeled jack, knight and king respectively, but I have no idea how to open any of those doors, indeed I hope I didn't accidently break the game myself when I went into the manner, since I didn't try some of the other rooms in the wasteland if at all.

I will definitely be buying this game, though as I'm already part way through the demo and have completed some challenges, i thought I might as well finish it at this stage, so any advice much appreciated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-03 23:12:08

You will need to search items in the manner to find the keys.

SPOILER

Look at the teacup in the kitchen to find the first key, which I believe is the jack key. You will have to look at it more than once to find it. Then you will have to go to the room corresponding with the word Jack on the lock. From there, if memory serves, you will want to look at items in other rooms you unlock to find the other keys, and remember where the rooms are with the locks labeled Knight, Queen, and King. Personally, I wish you could save in that area, but I guess that would defeat the sense of urgency.

The area I'm struggling with is the next one, the secret passage under the harbor village. I can't use my rope to climb up to it, and I thought you might need the wheel barrel but not sure if that and the shovel are just red herrings. From what I understand, it was a nasty puzzle even for the testers of the game.

2021-04-03 23:30:37

@Tenkarider, replyed to your pm.

I love audio games.

2021-04-03 23:59:28

@Dark
Thanks for playing so far! do as cwfenton said, that will work...
It's worth to be played until the end the demo, both for the cliffhanger at the end and the end demo message which won't appear in the full version

@sethgamer
For some reason i don't see any new reply... may i ask you to send it again or something, please?

Hello @cwfenton! Thanks for providing the clue and not spoil too much at the same time!
Thanks for playing so far, since it's kinda a FAQ i'll add the spoiler also to completely figure out the puzzle about the secret passage in the harbor village:

SPOILER

As said before there's no ladder to search, because it's always been there: i'm talking about the grate shaped gate, the one which you open and close with the iron wheel, you need to close the grate in that room, so it will go down and Elyon will be able to climb it as a ladder and so reach the secret passage in the ceiling which was, as mentioned in its text, next to the gate

2021-04-04 00:17:53

Hi Tenkarider,
Thanks for the hint you provided earlier today about the ladder always being there. I figured it out after going on one of my sprees where I just say, "Hey, why not try this random dumb idea? Maybe it'll work!' And wel... it did work.

I've made it near to the end of the game. Really loving it so far. I'm half stuck though.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Maybe I'm just weak, but those torture scenes kind of hit me harder than I expected. Not necessarily during the game, but after I took a small break from it. I can't even explain why, but yeah. I think this is the only game where torture for pleasure was taken with a serious tone, discounting text-based games of course.

But right now I'm struggling my way through the caves of the abis, not really sure if my goal is just to get out or to solve a puzzle. There are spots in those caves where orientation really doesn't make sense, and the game even tells you that, so I'm not complaining too much, but yeah not quite sure what I'm doing there. I've made it to an area where there is a light 20 feet above me. I've also made it to an area with a slide path which takes me practically to the beginning of the maize, which I'm avoiding for now, but to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised to find it was useful in some way.

I guess I'm just confused now, not knowing if I'm actually doing well or if I'll end up just running around in a big circle eventually.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-04-04 00:59:31

@musicalman
Great job! I'm glad you found the solution on your own i kinda hoped for it!
Keep on, you made a lot of progresses...
About the rest of the answer:

SPOILER

Oh, really? That kinda flatters me... the torture scene in the game is kinda my favourite of all the game, for all the reasons, i put all my efforts into it and took a lot of time as well, so thanks a lot for that...
About the caves it's 50% exit from it and 50% solve a sorta of puzzle: just one question, have you found the wide area? That's the first progress inside that area, you have to touch all the four smooth walls to get some new clue

2021-04-04 02:22:55

I think I may have touched all four walls. I hear a muttering sound as I go between the passages, so I'm assuming I found the clue but have forgotten it lol

2021-04-04 02:31:00

@musicalman

spoiler

Did you check the wind current in the north east wide area? if you did it, then you should search for dead ends and explore them

2021-04-04 02:39:39

Thanks for that tip. I was literally in the process of exploring them when I saw your reply, so talk about good timing!

Will let you know how it goes.

2021-04-04 03:14:18 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-04 03:14:31)

@musicalman
Very well, looking forward to hearing more!

2021-04-04 03:48:52

Made it out. I never want to see those caves again! Haha

Getting pumped for what the game is telling me is the last 16 percent of the adventure.

2021-04-04 04:30:34

@Tenkarider, sent you a pm.

I love audio games.

2021-04-04 06:35:52

ow my soul. Okay, think i found one of the bonus bosses. Granted, it's difficulty is more on the end of trying to hear the boss' attacks while it happily is making that chomping sound. From what I could figure out, it's pattern at least is the same for when it tries it's upgraded deadly attack at least. Though it's on the fast end, the endless chomp chomp noise makes it hard to dodge and fight at the same time while mentally keeping track of the number of attacks.

...Oh right, and the fact after every deadly attack, it's strength goes up. Guessing it's going to one shot in short order after a few rounds. Think I'll just go continue the story a bit and come back for it in a bit. Doubt blood vials will help since it'll just kill me out right deeper into the fight from what I'm measuring.

...hrm, I wonder if that other place is now opennable as well.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-04 06:45:37

Just completed the story at 90 percent. So going back now and trying to get that other 10 percent.

@Vazbol if you don't mind, which boss are you tlaking about? I'm wondering if I've seen it.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
The spectral haze is very annoying!

2021-04-04 07:26:35

Oh yeah, stumbled into those hazes. I'm trying to figure out what I keep hitting by accident to get hurt.

I also think I probably should be stronger than lv 6 before trying for the bosses. Might give me an excuse also to grind for blood vials which I'm really low on.

*Spoilers, Ahoy *

The boss I'm talking about is the mimic on the Ghost Ship. Once you find the key for the treasure room in a completely different zone, you can come back open that chest. boss attacks somewhat fast (though not as fast as the prisoner bonus boss) and has a deadly attack that at least is easy to predict. The problem is that he quickly gains more and more strength, and makes this consistant and distracting sound making it sound like evil pacman is trying to devour me.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search