2021-02-19 14:58:47

New in 0.99.2 (BUGFIX_PATCH)
The speedhack system has been rewritten! We are very hopeful that this gets rid of false positives, but the good part is that even if it does, we can now adjust it on the server to fix it rather than having to wait for an update!
STW will now officially reside in a portable zip file! I apologize to the few that this disappoints, I don't want to risk trying to manage 2 types of setup for something as large as stw and this pleases astranomically more people than it disappoints. STWSetup.exe is now this update patch until the next version, when STWSetup.exe will sease to exist entirely!
New rules update! Mostly just some clerifications, but they are still effective immediatly and I recommend you read them! In the next update, the rules will likely be entirely rewritten.
The old update system has been removed. In the next update, there will be a much more full featured updating system that will be able to update just the binary client in seconds if need be, allowing for much faster updates in the future! For now though, the system has been removed as it is no longer compatible.
There is now a way to test translations made with the new translation system! As this is a bugfix patch and not meant to be a full update, the system is not nearly as full featured as it will be when it is done. However, just so that translators have a little something to work with, you can now place the file language.lng in the game's appdata directory, and the game will load the strings found in that file into the new system and they will be translated. Things could still break here as this is still somewhat bleeding edge code (though I have tested what I could), but there is still more to do. Hopefully though this will help give translators an idea as to how well their translations are working! At this time, the old system is still in place. Older translators, use this time especially to transition from the old to the new system if you wish to! When the update is fully released, the old system will soon after sease to function.
There is now an option in the main menu to copy your system identification string to your clipboard. This contains all identifying data that the game typically sends to the server, and so can be used at an admins request to help find and restore accounts or change passwords when logging in, and thus sending said data for verification, is therefor impossible.
Pressing f7 now also reports how much data you have sent.
Finally, mouse turning is now disabled by default!
Finally fixed the rest of the bugs having to do with switching characters while the first one you were logged into was sleeping, in this case not being able to stand up after logging into the second character while the first one was asleep!
So whether this works correctly or not is something that must be further tested. But, thanks to a possible idea from Unicorn a while ago, I may have fixed the bug where you move left and right when drawing things from your inventory quickly!
Pressing control now silences jaws speech if it is running.
Both chat history as well as the keyconfig now load from %appdata%\stw instead of from program files, so there should be no more issues with file permissions and such!
Any active tracking baecon now resets itself if you fall asleep, making it so that if you are streight in front of an item that annoying sound doesn't play if you sleep.
The server can now tell the client to update the stored password in the save file, so that you no longer have to disconnect and update your settings if you change your password.
Fixed super extremely critical travelpoint bug that could allow cheaters to quickly move across maps.
Halved the size of the LAV audio buffer. Hopefully this doesn't break things terribly but it seems to work after testing. This will only effect anyone with 3d on and only then very little. There were some sounds that played a tiny portion of themselves in the center before panning properly and this fixes that as well as making the audio output a tiny tad more responsive.
Now, chat_history.log also keeps track of private messages that you send as well as receive, rather than logging only received private messages creating a very one sided conversation.
Fixed a runtime error that could happen in the inventory when dropping and then trying to draw an item that you had only 1 of.
Fixed a runtime error when you press shift+page up or shift+page down in the chat fields (Thanks fireball!)
Made it impossible to place shelters in many areas.
Fixed the broken gift counters... hopefully?

2021-03-26 08:06:49

It's bad that I received the eternal ban in this game for such a small thing. I almost did not play this game, just visited atmospheric Maps and communicated with other players. Atmospheric Maps are not those new, where there are even no walls and stairs fly in the air, I speak about the castle or that house in the forest. I think the mine and cave can be inserted into some list of Challenge Maps in some clone. and this is mine? I am not a miner, but I think the mining in such a place will be almost impossible. it can be seen that people who created these Maps did not think about the atmosphere, they just wanted to create something very hard

2021-04-01 18:43:22

My friend told me about the message of the day, well, I am glad that these bad people Ban there. I spoke to administrators before, but they did not believe me

2021-04-01 19:31:51

so their is something I dont understand about the new items thing, can someone explain that better? I have lots of items on my account, what would be the best course of actuion?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-02 12:27:24

Please, could You explain to me, why sounds weren't downloaded after installing this game?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-04-02 17:50:32

windows wrote:

It's bad that I received the eternal ban in this game for such a small thing. I almost did not play this game, just visited atmospheric Maps and communicated with other players. Atmospheric Maps are not those new, where there are even no walls and stairs fly in the air, I speak about the castle or that house in the forest. I think the mine and cave can be inserted into some list of Challenge Maps in some clone. and this is mine? I am not a miner, but I think the mining in such a place will be almost impossible. it can be seen that people who created these Maps did not think about the atmosphere, they just wanted to create something very hard

Your post fully confuses me. Are you asking why you got banned? And even small things, if or when serious enough, can lead to larger consequences...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2021-04-02 17:52:24

fredd wrote:

so their is something I dont understand about the new items thing, can someone explain that better? I have lots of items on my account, what would be the best course of actuion?

The main goal is to reduce over all item quantities. This is done through donations, so that your inventory gets back to amounts of items that allows you to play the game, comfortable or not, that depends on you, without you logging around so much items that you could stay connected for a century on end without having to get off your spot and do something, ... That's the short version, at least. Check the website for a longer, more in depth, explanation.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2021-04-02 18:28:50 (edited by windows 2021-04-02 18:29:34)

I'm so glad that these people got ban! I told to the admins about VOLGELO a year ago, but they did not believe me, volgelo just told me that he was Cheater. one From these people even gave me my coordinates when I didn't believe that they can get it
@3722 it's just my random thoughts about the game, and yes, I know why I got Ban, but why I received the Eternal Ban for such a small thing, and did not even get unban on my birthday big_smile. I just can't stop flow of words sometimes, sorry

2021-04-02 18:29:14

@3723
if this game get's password reset function for players, it will be cool

2021-04-02 23:20:02

so, I'm new to the game, I'm reading bsg's guide. cool! except how do I craft a string hat. Also those rabbits are hard as hades to catch.  wish I could set traps for them instead.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2021-04-03 08:19:24

You can find these hats in the village if you need them. You must be happy that rabbits do not attack you. And you do not have to catch them, you must kill them sad

2021-04-03 13:32:59

I don't play this game anymore, but I still wanted to say something about this item donation thing:

Item deflation is actually a good idea, but in my opinion making this into a competition is not.
The simple reason is that the rewards (if they are permanent) will make paid accounts even more powerful and this way the game will become very unbalanced.
This is because free accounts have an item cap of 100 per item (if that's still correct) and so they can't donate enough items to get meaningful rewards.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-03 22:14:23

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

I don't play this game anymore, but I still wanted to say something about this item donation thing:

Item deflation is actually a good idea, but in my opinion making this into a competition is not.
The simple reason is that the rewards (if they are permanent) will make paid accounts even more powerful and this way the game will become very unbalanced.
This is because free accounts have an item cap of 100 per item (if that's still correct) and so they can't donate enough items to get meaningful rewards.

This is just the initial phase, just to make sure people understand that we're not sitting around making empty promisses. Since we're working on an update, this whole donation stuff, as well as rewards and whatever else are further expanded, to hopefully get to a point where it's balanced.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2021-04-03 22:17:27

windows wrote:

I'm so glad that these people got ban! I told to the admins about VOLGELO a year ago, but they did not believe me, volgelo just told me that he was Cheater. one From these people even gave me my coordinates when I didn't believe that they can get it
@3722 it's just my random thoughts about the game, and yes, I know why I got Ban, but why I received the Eternal Ban for such a small thing, and did not even get unban on my birthday big_smile. I just can't stop flow of words sometimes, sorry

Banning people in itself is easy enough, but, at least this is how stw deals with it, you need proof prior to denying someone game entry. You can't just ban someone because someone else said he's a cheater. It took us a very long time, and some luck too I might add, to have found the proof we needed to take these next steps and ban several people. I don't think I'm exaggerating if I say we've been busy with this for at least six or so months, or even more.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2021-04-03 22:31:28

do I gwet coins for donating items?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-03 23:50:04

fredd wrote:

do I gwet coins for donating items?

No, you get in the case of food, same or slightly better stat modification, while those that didn't donate much (and here is where we are modifying things for the update) get reduced food function going from less hunger being taken, to things giving less energy and so on.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2021-04-04 08:03:22

@3730: I thought you can check it out like that, read Logs or follow them. I did not shout then when I spoke to admins, ban it, I asked just check.

2021-04-04 21:15:50

@#3,733 Yes, but depending on the form o f cheating, more or additional actions are in order prior to safely banning someone.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2021-04-09 04:07:21

I thought that cool, cool teleporter thingy last forever after you use it. Ug. This is like the swords in tomb hunter. So that he can earn money like when people want more teleporters.

2021-04-10 22:47:18

Yeah. I still have my newbie hat on. Thank goodness. Still exploring. I did manage to complete 3 out of the 21 quests I have. I wish they gave you a bit more of a hint, but I"m not really good at mapping.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2021-04-11 09:08:57

I am master of quests there big_smile but I can't help you, because I banned there sad.
But if you write me in any game PM, I will try to help you with a quest

2021-04-11 11:43:55

that's pretty cool if  you managed to do 3 quests with newbie hat on. you could do only 4 quests with newbie hat on I believe.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2021-05-01 17:04:00

So, I am not a newbie anymore, but II"m still learnign about the game. Lots to do, lots of ways to get hurt. I did a podcast on the game and what not to do. lol! anyway I did have a question, lots of them actually. but here is one of them.

I found glass at the hospital. What can we do with it? Or is that not something abler to be talked about in the game as of yet. Same with the rocks made of lime stone found at the weird forest.

Also I think  I might build my shelter but it's too bad it cannot be moved once I finish it, or put it down or what not.  That debate is in my head though lol! I'm thinking main island as that's where I sometimes spend my time.  but yeah I'm not sure.

The music in the main island could use some improvement as there are a lot of mistakes from a theory point of view, but over all I'm loving it. I come on there to relax after a very hard  day of work IRL.

Thanks.

2021-05-01 17:57:05

by combining glass with an empty hand you can damage your hand and loos health

2021-05-09 11:16:10

just downloaded the game after leaving it years back....anyway, when i go to extract it can't find the game, and when i go to run the game without extracting, it says it can't because it picked up a virus....what do i do now? and how do i just turn off virus protection? the blocks/pop ups are annoying

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos