2021-03-27 19:39:06 (edited by jsenter 2021-04-02 22:59:25)

Hi, I'm the developer of Nano Empire, A Few Minutes of Glory, and Evelyn's Farm. My next game, Guess the Rule, is rather different. Your goal is to discover a hidden rule, something like "a circle on the left" or "one of each color", by guessing which sequences of 3 colored shapes fit the rule. It's easy to learn and difficult to master, as a few simple mechanics provide endless replay value.

I was initially hesitant to make this one VoiceOver accessible because it's more visual than my other games, and I did not think scrolling through a long list of colored shapes would be fun. Nonetheless, I've gotten requests to make it accessible, so I'm going to try. Would you like to join the beta test? If so, please email [email protected]

Game link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/guess-the ā€¦ 1550411766

UPDATE: the accessibility update is now live.

Developer of Nano Empire, A Few Minutes of Glory, Evelyn's Farm, Guess the Rule, and Pocket Reality.
jksgames.wordpress.com

2021-03-27 23:10:33

it would be nice to have some real puzzel games for IOS.

2021-03-28 12:26:00

Hello,

I took the game, but in fact as present it isn't accessible.

The most important, the shapes, aren't labelled. I get usless descriptions like: maybe close, maybe open, maybe window.
I can't understand and try to deduce anything from that.
For the rest, it seems to be OK: I can see my current score and turn, as well as the X and shake buttons.

I think it's worth it to make it accessible. I'm quite a fan of puzzle games like that.
For example, I like quite a lot the game blackbox

If the game doesn't require to handle a grid of more than 10-15 shapes, than it should perfectly be playable, if shapes were correctly labelled.
So please do it ! Thank you.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2021-03-28 15:47:25

Agree with the other people posting here.
Logic puzzles are good, and there well might be ways to cut down the swiping required by text labelling the list correctly.
I've loved all your games so far, so definitely looking forward to this one as something different.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-28 18:28:56

yes, please do make it accessable, i'd love to play Logic puzzles games because i don't know any that actually would get my brain up to speed

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2021-03-28 19:56:02

Sounds interesting. I look forward to give it a try when it has been made accessible. Out from the description in post 1, the puzzles sounds confusing to me, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-03-29 16:47:43

@jsenter, great to see you back on here. Your games have always been particularly interesting and I'm excited to see what else is in the pipeline. I do agree with your sentiments, however. I am pretty sure, positive in fact, that scrolling through a list of shapes is not very exciting. Reasoning about the puzzle would provide some attraction, but I don't know if that is enough to offset the monotony of scroll, choose, scroll, choose. Still, seems like I am a minority... once again, so pick your poison, as they say. I would personally go back and play A few Minutes of Glory or some of your other titles instead. This is coming from someone who does Sudoku and word puzzles on a daily basis.

2021-03-30 01:59:37

@Aminiel Voiceover support is only in the beta right now, not the version on the app store.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-04-02 19:41:20

Accessibility update is live now! Thank you, beta testers. If you like the game, please leave a review!

Developer of Nano Empire, A Few Minutes of Glory, Evelyn's Farm, Guess the Rule, and Pocket Reality.
jksgames.wordpress.com

2021-04-02 22:47:15

Iā€™m liking this game, but wow, it can be hard, especially if there are multiple parts to the rule.

2021-04-03 04:45:36 (edited by Dark 2021-04-03 05:12:14)

Hi.

wow, interesting and wonderfully simple, yet very difficult game.

No idea how you'd play on hard, normal is definitely hard enough, but yee gods, what a great concept!

Edit: oh and the game now has a database entry too, Find that here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-03 05:59:06 (edited by fluffy 2021-04-03 06:10:17)

I'm glad this game is accessible with VoiceOver, it is really fun and challenging. I just wish there was an option to hide all of the shapes you haven't put an answer for yet. Sometimes it is hard to find the shape you are on in the huge list and it would be easier to just swipe left from the answer options.
Edit: I just started a new game and it was only showing me the shapes I had answered and the current shape, so maybe it showing me all the extra shapes is just a bug?

2021-04-03 08:38:59

Hi. Are any of your games available and accessible on Android? I'd love to try them.

2021-04-05 14:54:46

Hello,

Thank you very much, the game is now accessible with VoiceOver.
That's quite a good game when you have 5 minutes to waste. It's simple, yet fun and addicting. Well done!

Just a few things:

1. I think you should really consider adding an easy difficulty level.

It's quite hard when you are totally new on the game, even in normal mode, when the rule has two parts like "yellow next to red and no circle".
The rules should start very simple in easy mode, such as: "no blue"; "at least one circle; "yellow on the left".
You will probably attract more players if you start very easy.

2. To make it completely clear for VoiceOver users, it would probably be useful to explain somewhere everything you can find:
- Colors: yellow, red, blue
- shape: circle, square, triangle

3. I find the report of incorrect previous lines a little confusing. For example:
red circle, red circle, blue square: -5 green check
Wouldn't be better if it rather says:
red circle, red circle, blue square: -5 red X
OK I got -5 points, but the correct answer  is that I should have rejected the line.
I don't know if it's very clear...

IN any case, thank you for this little game.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2023-07-23 04:25:03 (edited by jsenter 2023-07-23 04:29:10)

An important announcement:

Guess the Rule will soon become free to play, with a premium unlock for hard mode and multiplayer. If you have already bought it, be sure to download the latest version and open it at least once. If you do, you'll keep the premium unlock forever.

Also, if you found this game too hard when it came out, you might want to try again because I made it more reasonable.

jksgames.wordpress.com

2023-07-23 13:20:55 (edited by keyIsFull 2023-07-23 13:22:10)

is this game similar to raven's progressive matrices? Those are something I've always wanted to try.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2023-07-24 21:58:50

@7 where do you solve sudokues? its good see another person, who solves these.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2023-07-25 20:49:24

Wow, forgot about this one.
Great for brain testing, and yes, it does seem to be easier in terms of the rules being less complicated, just reflecting one specific aspect, EG one of each shape, or Two blue after each other, or red on the right.

Would be interested though to see some of the previous rules such as triangle always follows circle, or yellow square at the start come back, maybe in a separate difficulty mode?

I don't really fancy hard with the and/or logical operators, but I do enjoy the more difficult rules, unless those are still in there and I'vejust not encountered them yet.