2021-04-01 01:27:02 (edited by Ugat 2021-04-01 01:28:56)

hi all, so, I want to ask, is final fantasy xii playable at all? like, do you know when you bump into a wall?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-01 01:50:43

I'd like to know this about the FF games generally. I know that someone was able to play FF10 with some effort, but haven't really looked into what's possible as someone with no vision and little sighted help.

2021-04-03 00:28:48

what I am trying to know though, is if the game is playable to some degree? as just getting through a few chapters is reason enough for me to buy the game

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-03 01:21:44

I just bought the game and would love any more detailed info on this. It looks like the battle system is potentially doable, and the fact there are footstep sounds definitely helps.

2021-04-03 07:01:03

@fred, FF XIII is mostly playable. the game is mostly linear until you get to chapter 11 or 12, then the game opens up, allowing you to explore towns and doing sidequests and many others.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2021-04-03 12:26:37

is final fantasy xiii the xodiac age also playable?

2021-04-04 08:03:08

Okay, so I made it to chapter 2 and am now stuck. The camera does weird things and I find it hard to find chests. also, you can't turn down the music so that is real annoying...

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2021-04-04 08:45:13

well... Hello?

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-04 10:37:39

@6 You're mixing up the numbers. The zodiac age is Final Fantasy XII, and that one isn't playable. Final Fantasy XIII seems to be somewhat playable.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-04 11:07:42

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm positive that some time ago someone made a topic with a form that Square Enix made regarding accessibility.
It's a big rub in the face if the game isn't fully playable especially because they took down peoples thoughts into consideration, or so I thought. :d

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-04-04 12:22:31 (edited by SirBadger 2021-04-04 12:40:29)

i have asked about this before. i was told that ff xiii is playable. i bought it and was never able to read the menus, never mind navigating. i sat with my nose to the screen and completed ff 4 through 7 back in the day. this one, not happening. so i'd love to know how people are playing it and if there are options i can enable to make it work.

i have been told over and over that it is playable if you can't see and i do have a little sight in one eye so either there's something i am missing or the people that say they can play it are using sighted help.

i am trying to play it on a steam version i have for pc and i have tried OCR in jaws and NVDA and i get no feedback at all. so how to handle battles just for example is beyond me unless you just keep hitting attack and hope.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2021-04-04 12:51:31

wait, what is the differance of xiii the xodiac age and xiii

2021-04-04 13:25:59

it's a totally different game. the one with the zodiac age is FF XII, not XIII. final fantasy XIII spawned 3 sequels, the first game, XIII-2, and lightning returns.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2021-04-04 17:24:41

@10 As cool as that would be, you have to remember that FF XIII is over 10 years old. I do not expect they'll do anything about accessibility in a game from 2009 which wasn't even that well received.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-05 08:00:05

Okay, so how exactly are we able to play this without smashing our computers?
I don't understand.
How do you know where to go?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-04-06 01:21:33

@15 same question i keep asking and nobody can tell me although lots of them say they can.

2021-04-06 03:25:12

so its pretty linear, your character slows down when they hit a wall so you just go til you hit a wall and try and move left and right, if you go left and your character still moves slowly, you know you need to go right. as for battles, there is an autobattle feature and the cursor always lands on that first so 2 down is the items thing. I got up to chapter 2.

2021-04-06 03:37:50

so i have to ask; how do you follow the story if all you are doing it not bashing in to walls and just auto fighting. that won't let you equip things or use spells surely? i know i sound like i'm being a kill joy but i don't meen to be. i'm just asking how doing that is an enjoyable experience when it seems to be missing out about 95% of the nuance of the game. when i played the older ones i would spend ages grinding on different shards or what ever they were in that particular game (shards was ff 5), then use them strategically depending on the situation and the enemies i was facing. push and hope doesn't sound like a way to actually play a game or to enjoy it.

2021-04-06 09:11:27

oh, you can equip things and all that, so you can follow it fine. I was just talking about navigation and how you get around.

2021-04-06 10:31:47

cool. so again, are you playing it on pc? and how are you able to read the menus to equip things. this is what i really need to know.

2021-04-06 19:36:23

I am playing it on pc using a controller and just using the PC OCR to equip things