2021-04-02 23:04:07 (edited by Kyleman123 2021-04-02 23:07:12)

In this other topic, https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3970 … ssibility. I asked if IntelliJ was accessible. I’m now wondering if Rational Application Developer is accessible. When I run it, I see a bunch of things that are called toolbars, but none of them do anything. I can OCR the window and I will sometimes get useful results and actually see what is in the window, but you can’t use an IDE like that.
I had my boss remote in and control my computer and I could see dialogue pop ups and interact with those. But when she moused over elements in the interface or files in the sidebar, nothing read.
I did find an accessibility report from IBM saying that RAD was accessible, but I don’t understand how that is possible with the experience I’m having.
I’m using NVDA 2020.4 if that makes any difference.
I have also enabled the java access bridge and restarted NVDA, RAD, and the computer.
Any help would be appreciated. I don’t know what to do now.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2021-04-03 00:13:41

Hmm, digging through the documentation [here] and [here], with associated keyboard shortcuts [here], there seems precious little to go on. There's little direct information anywhere suggesting compatibility with screen readers or which kinds, or magnifiers, etc. The only thing it seems to mention is keyboard shortcuts, so "accessibility" here may have to be taken with a grain of salt.

There is a list of their accessibility compliance for their products [here], with a specific report, I think [here], though i'm not sure which version of websphere that might be or if its related to that.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2021-04-03 11:15:42

If its from IBM try JAWS. SPSS - their statistical software works only with JAWS, besides its a good screenreading.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com