2021-04-02 15:37:03

hello  audiogamers,

For  anyone  who  has  had  interest in Clok,  and  if  you  don't  know  about  this,  you  may want to read this post.

There's a relatively new game out, called COGG.  (cogg.contrarium.net, 4001)

I  sort of describe  it  as  a much more detailed version of Clok, with a differing  storyline.  With  things  like  broken bones  and  infection to worry  about,  sorcery  still in the mix  of everything, non-magical healers, rogues, and other guilds  I have no idea about, it's definitely a fun experience.

I'd  recommend  it  to  anyone  who  has played  Clok and wants something  out  there  that's  different, but familiar. Reas, the  old  developer of Clok, is personally  investing his  time on COGG, so there's a  hell of a lot to  look forward to.

Like  I  said, the connection info is cogg.contrarium.net, 4001.

Go play!

2021-04-02 19:05:57

I am there for a while now. but stop playing do to university. the farming system on this one is much more detailed, you can even own animals such as cow, chicken and sheep. I remember things are quite expensive though. and I wish the weeding on farming didn't take a lot of energy honestly.

2021-04-02 21:29:17

ware is link

2021-04-03 17:40:28

You can find the wiki at cogg.contrarium.net

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2021-04-03 18:10:57

So.....sell me on this then? Why should I play this vs Clok, aside from it being more detailed, is the community friendlier?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-04-03 18:37:00

is there a soundpack for this mud?

2021-04-04 14:47:15

Sigh, the first thing people have to ask for is soundpack...it's in the work guys. I'm converting my clokpack to Coggpack and it's not easy, provided I joined just last week. Stay tuned.
What's to sell? A lot:
- Rias, the original Clok dev, wanted to re-envision alternate Clok universe. So we have a different Clok world with different places now.
- Healing takes more than just bandage. Playstyle is geared more toward rp. Grinding is as fun as always, but not without rp involvment.
- Farming also expands to where clok would have been. Animals, plants, you name it.
- Don' make me spoil how awesome some abilities are. Clok doesn't have an insane (which can make you insane) ability that grows your plant, does it?
- Nope, you don't ask for monks. You ask for physicker to heal you. But first, you may need to help them gather some husks from a hill which you need special sort of tools to do so. This is not even minor. This is just a very little of what I have to say. And what about an ability that heals you over time? You name it boy.

Ps. Is mudding now really all about soundpack? Should I encourage old playstyle again or am I really one of whom encourage people to be addicted to sound freaking pack? Sigh.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-04 15:05:59

@mata:

Sigh indeed. I'm at least interested, really...but one of the things I don't much like in Clok is the move on league, dying of hunger attitude honestly. I'm hoping that's been addressed a bit or tuned properly. I like more RP but I also don't really feel like I'd fit in mostly because my concern is I mess up and get smacked by admins for it a la some games I've been on

Also on Linux natively

2021-04-04 15:14:09

They don't care what other games you've been on. And you no longer can die of starvation directly. You stop regenerating energy though. If you walk far enough, you'll slip into unconsciousness and may or may not  wake up, depending on how far into the negatives you end up. The combat is way, way different as well.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-04 16:14:32 (edited by JaceK 2021-04-04 16:15:40)

Hm....I could try it, I suppose. I just need a good Faewyr or however y'spell it, name...

EDIT: And no, what I meant by that 'a la other games', was this. I have been on games where one tiny mistake gets you crucified by that game's community. I was trying to ask how friendly/forgiving Cogg's community is wrt that

Also on Linux natively

2021-04-04 16:27:20

nah, nothing like that.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-04 17:47:54

It's a pretty easy going community. Just remember to keep ooc discussions on the ooc channels, and in character discussion and actions on the in character channels, that's pretty much it.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2021-04-04 18:22:40

I've lost my fancy name generator sad I need a decent one for a character though

Also on Linux natively