2021-02-01 11:12:24

Yes it is the side button. And about the camera thing, you will get haptic as well as spoken feedback that will help you point the camera in the right position. It will tell you if the phone is leveled, if you need to tilt left or right, and so on. All this accompanied but audio and haptic feedback.

2021-02-04 12:28:13

wow, interesting. It'll be quite fun, I guess. I am still waiting for the device to come in, but I'm quite excited, over all because of all the accessibility it has and all the comments I've read in here and in apple vis as well.
Another question, is a 64 gb iPhone enough? Or is it better another with 128 or 256 gb of storage. I ask so because I'm quite a fan of downloading some stuff from Spotify, downloading apps to test, and also I do record lots of videos for some classes at my university.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, it'll certainly make my transition less spooky.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2021-02-04 12:28:51

also, sorry for double posting, but what a weird issue. Whenever I hit submit, I receive a problem loading page error lol.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2021-02-04 12:38:47

A 64 GB iPhone should be enough in my opinion, although videos might take up quite a lot of space.

2021-02-04 18:52:04

I think 256 will be much better long term

2021-02-04 20:46:43

John, I would strongly recommend that while its easy enough to transfer over that you make sure you back your contacts up as you have always done in google contacts.
If you ever want to go back, well in short, I'd continue backing up data for whats app and the like to google and as much as you think you can continue to do.
The reason, transfering back from iphone to android is a big fucking shitty bastard from deep hell.
My dad, who has been an iphone user for a number of years did a transfer to samsung getting the s10e a couple years back.
Contacts went over well enough as did emails, after all these were doublebacked up to google and icloud let it go.
Messages were another issue, if a contact was on imessage, then it needed to be deleted and recreated.
Some transfered contacts didn't transfer propperly and needed to be deleted and recreated.
A lot of important data was lost because simply you just couldn't transfer it.
Books for apple for example couldn't be transfered but music and some videos could because android reads those apple files.
I was also able to convert the music in apple format and then delete the apple files from the device via itunes.
But even with several malware ridden programs on the computer we couldn't transfer everything even though we have a friend that is an experienced hacker.
In my view I'd stay with android, however if you are going ios, be aware that the next phone you may get will have to be an iphone because thats the only way to get your data transfered over safely.
From a symbian user, its android all the way, and even if I then go iphone I will make sure that at least my contacts I create are then recreated on google so at least if I switch back I won't have a problem.

2021-02-04 21:34:00

right @56 I had to spend a few hours making sure I got all of my data on Google as well as my pc incase Apple turned into hell for me. I have work arounds to deal with apple devices if I ever have to do that again. Lets just say from what I had to deal with to get my data from my old iPhone to my Motorola it was very much hell to do.

2021-02-04 22:35:51

I switched from an iPhone to Android and never regretted it. Granted, my ghost touch problems have irritated me, but I'm resolving it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-02-06 22:56:20

Hi all.
I've already backed everything up yeah, but there's a thing with whatsapp. Will I be able to recover my old chats as I've been doing so with androids? Because people told me that backup copies of whatsapp are stored in google drive if you're android, and in iCloud if you're apple. Will I be able to do that? I have a lot of important chats I do not want to lose, also so many hilarious messages I've been storing for quite some time.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-02-07 02:14:10

@59 no

2021-02-07 09:14:32

@59, if that worked I would have Whatsapp on ios for now just to put less stress on my already too old android phone, preserving what is left of this fake battery.
I tried everything and there is an app that does it, but it is 30 US dollars, it will probably do it, but since I can't justify paying for that and don't have the funds anyway I can't exactly tell you.
Just type in google play Whatsapp transfer and it is the first result, something from Wondershare.
Hth.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-02-07 11:27:26

Maybe you can just export the chats to yourself via email and store them on your computer instead.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2021-02-07 12:14:17

Hi, I actually would like to be able to interact with them, but it looks like it won't be possible. Thanks anyways. Still waiting for the phone to come in to my hands.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-03-03 21:41:37

hi again,
One question, I do not have yet access to the App Store but how much does voice dream and its voices cost, please? And is it possible to read with the Siri voices on the thing?
Thanks, take care.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-03-03 23:19:23

I'm not sure how much voice dream reader was. Think it was like, 10 bucks?

Either way, I've always been an iPhone user. Love iPhones and never plan on switching to Android.
I just have a lot of Apple products and most of my friends have iPhones as well.
I've got an iPhone 12, it's amazing!
Speaker quality is quite nice. Wireless and fast charging, 5G, etc.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-04 01:58:55

Yeah, I'm also waiting for the iPhone 12 as well. Are the speakers better than in past generations?
The last iPhone I had was a 5s, then a friend of mine had the 8+.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-03-04 02:00:11

sorry for double posting. How many apple products do you have?

Take care.
Mike.

2021-03-04 13:50:35

Found a solution for transfering your whatsapp messages and be able to interact with them, it is called wutsapper and it is in the playstore.
You will need 29 USD and an OTG cable, probably another USB to lightning too since your J6 plus has micro usb so you can't just use the cable that comes with your new phone, since that is gonna be type c to lightning.
So, get a cheap otg micro usb cable, an Apple usb a to lightning cable and install this app, it works from experience, I used the demo to see if it works and it did, thought of buying it too, but I didn't like Whatsapp on ios so I restorred my backup on android and I feel like home again.
The link for the app is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &gl=US
I could dig up some links for cables too if you need, just tell me what store you preffer.
And in response to your earlier post, Voice dream reader is 10 bucks and it can't read with the Siri voices, but you can do it through setting a Siri voice as your default on voice over and reading with the Books app, it works beautifuly.

2021-03-04 15:47:20

I actually wanted to read with the Siri voices or with inns from acapela, but I'd have to buy it then.
And thanks for the app.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-03-04 16:01:15

You are welcome.
smile
And with the books app you can read with the Siri voices and you can also turn off the screen, I just forgot how to make it work independently from vo.

2021-04-02 09:03:24

hi again.
Finally, the damned phone has come. I've been playing with the thing during this day and I really, really love it. One question, is there any app that can record in stereo but that doesn't require a subscription? I don't really mind if it's paid, I just don't want more subscriptions as I'm on Netflix, Apple TV, Spotify, one drive, iCloud and pretty much everything else.
Thanks

Take care.
Mike.