2021-04-01 14:43:00 (edited by Emanuel_Ion_21 2021-04-01 14:46:04)

Piano with your keyboard version 0.6 has been released.
This version is adding some new features, repairing some bugs with the game data, motd sistem, fixed some bugs with the main menu, fixed a bit the sounds, added a dlg sistem.
Note:
Be cause the visual mode has been added, when you will play the features from the game or piano notes, more beter to turn off the speach mode.
Here is the complete changelog for this version:
Here is a link to download the game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jw6k5s06lgzb … d.rar?dl=0

New in 0.6:
*Recoded the message of the day sistem, still under development.
*Fixed the main menu to come so fast after the intro message. Now you will have to wait until the message off sound will be stoped at all.
+Added a wrap menu sound.
+From now on, when you will enter in the client, you will have an intro message. Will see later what to type here.
+Added a feature in the DLG sistem mode, when the music is playing, you can press F3 key to stop it, and F4 key to replay it again. Enjoy!
+Added a feature in the DLG sistem, to mute / unmute the dlg music pressing the F1 / F2 keys. F1 for muting, F2 for unmuting.
*Fixed a bit the readme.txt file.
+From now on, when you will be in a dlg message, you will have a music playing. Not important, but is cool and relaxing big_smile.
*Fixed a function in the menu, what was causing the escape key to don't exit you from the menu.
*Fixed a bit how is managed the sounds.
*Converted all thinks what need to be dlg in dlg text file. More better like that.
+added a dlg sistem mode. I hope that will help a lot...
+Added a click sound for the piano notes, you know the real piano, when you are pressing on keyboard is making a sound when is rreaching the bottom, I added something like that, but is not the best sound... If you have a better one for me, send me on the email adress what I put in the readme. Thank you.
*Fixed a bug in the menu, to make items to be looped again and again, now is fixed. Thanks players!
+added visual sistem mode. I tryed to code it how beter as I can, but , from me and the best bgt big_smile, might have bugs. Sorry, but I hope will help you...

This all, hapy playing.
Any new suggestions, send me trough email, or here.

Big big regards, Emanuel Ion Productions!

2021-04-01 15:09:42

Why don't you post the updates in the same topic? Rather than creating a whole new topic for the purpose.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-01 15:34:23

agreed with post 2

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-01 15:50:48

Man, just get reaper, get Sforzando and find a free piano, job done.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-01 15:57:20 (edited by manamon_player 2021-04-01 15:57:58)

agree with @2, and congrats to @1, keep it up!
@4
most of your posts are hating and attacking people, I don't know why know one says anything to stop you, please try to understand that people has ifrent options to do their things, not what you recommend them

2021-04-01 16:02:39

*snorts*

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-01 17:21:32

@4... Same, I think you are doing all times just to hate and to make down all devs projects...
Up to you sir...
Nothin to say...
I just posted in anather topic, because if I will post in the same topic, al most of the comunity can't see the update.
More beter like that from my point...
Thanks guys, anyways...

2021-04-01 17:30:43

All I said is that you can do the same thing without this game. If that is hate, it's an interesting form of it. I think you're still salty over the 3DYW thing.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-01 20:36:16

I too think that GrannyCheeseWheel didn't say what necessitates us to count that as hate whatsoever. What he stated is an actual fact, so what's up?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-01 21:30:47

ok look, maybe that is dont hate, but the mode how he is typing it, that sounds like that, and nothing else...

2021-04-01 22:58:48

Yeah, GCW didn't mean it as hate at all from my opinion. Other people word their comments more harshly than others, and I think that's just his way of saying what he thinks.
Piano With Your Keyboard is an interesting project. It's not as much of a game as it is a little thingy to mess with when you're bored.

Although you're right, GCW, about how Reaper's better and you can use it to make actual songs, I mean, what does it hurt to play a little piano clicky game?

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-02 13:42:19

@Emanuel_Ion_21 good job so far. I'm also glad you added that thump sound for the hammer action that's a nice touch. keep it up. and i also agree with 11.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-02 21:53:50

thank you guys

2021-04-03 00:17:27

I mean... GCW isn't wrong. It'd be arguably easier for the dev and the user to load up their DAW of choice, download a Kontakt, VST or sounffont instrument, and play away.
That being said, at least you're learning how to program. Can't blame you for that at all.
On to the, "game", itself.
The menu announces that there are five items, but there are of course, only four.
Alerts are announced twice.
You should probably add sharpened and flattened (black) notes, or stick to a consistent scale with the ASDF row.
Those key trigger confirmations can get spammy, so you could either disable those, or add an option to disable those.
A tad more controversial, of course everybody and their mums know that BGT has been long dead, so I'd personally recommend trying to code your projects in different languages if you can.
The menu sounds in the game have a short amount of silence before the sound actually plays, making them feel unresponsive.
I can't help thinking that dlgoff and dlgon just kinda sound a bit jarring. Anyone else?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-03 07:48:25

thank you, will try to fix these thinks in the next update...