2021-03-23 19:41:04

mojsior wrote:

I am so excited, I love adventure to fate battle arena and quest to the future, so I think that future arena will be really cool. Sadly we havent alot off good rpgs for ios, but your games are really great time killers.
By the way, it must be a strange feeling, when a developer plays his own game haha.

Yea so when I add a new feature or skill or boss etc. I feel the need to replay through so lots of plays.

Yea I’ve played this sooo much it’s hard to tell if it’s good or fun anymore. Not trying to talk my own game down but I’ve played it so much I don’t have a grip on it anymore it’s not new and exciting as I assume it is to you guys. I’ve easily played this version about 30-40 times from start to finish. I guess the good thing about this is that I’ve tried to randomize as much as I can while keeping things balance. Randomizing the play throughs makes each time somewhat unique.

Each new arena you make it to you pick from 2 randomizes stats, pet, item and gold amount. So you sort of build your character as you go type deal. On top of that you can find spellbooks as well with 3 skill options that are once again randomized. So even if you are playing the same class things should be different every time.

Most regular monsters and the I’d say even half the bosses have alternates as well so even the fights are going to be different.

That’s the only thing keeping me sane I guess haha.

2021-03-24 09:12:33

Hi.
Yesterday, I started playing the old battle arena game again. I played a few battles and crafted some armour. I find the inventory page very confusing to navigate, and I'm not sure on what I have equipped. Will the new game be easier to navigate?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-03-24 13:13:12

If you want to use inventory, you have to explore the screen, instead of using swipes. I think, that is a problem with compatibility with latest ios. I hope that touchmind will update these old games too.
Does some one have played adventure to fate quest to the future. This is a first game. I want to purchase this, but I ant to know, that is it playable for us?

2021-03-24 20:39:01

All games in the Adventure to Fate are playable by the blind. The only thing about the first game is that Voice Over will not read the different squares.
However in the article room someone did a great map layout for the blind.

2021-03-24 20:41:12

I hope as well that TouchMint will give it a try on updating the three games to run better on the current iOS. Then he can add Voice Over support for the first game.

2021-03-24 23:52:58

cyco wrote:

I hope as well that TouchMint will give it a try on updating the three games to run better on the current iOS. Then he can add Voice Over support for the first game.

Unfortunately the older games will not likely be updated. Because of how apple deprecated lots of stuff. It would be months of rewriting code just to get the game to work if I recompiled. There is a chance it might break a lot of stuff as well meaning a good months worth of testing.

The good news is the new future arena game has about double the content the old game battle arena had as well as tons new features.

After I complete this game if it does well enough I already have the framework to do another exploration game like quest to the future as well.

2021-03-25 09:32:23

hi guys.
will my best nightmare from this series, frost lord will participate the arena this time?
i am really curious about this and i am also waiting for test to be started.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-03-25 19:23:22

Here is a suggestion for another game in the series if you are looking to do one after this new game. I have seen developers do this in the past.
A game that has everything from the a quest to the core and a quest to the future. When developers do games like this it has gone over very well with the fans of the series.

2021-03-25 23:41:50

@necro still working on implymenting the endless arena where youll find him and all the other expansion fights that wont be ready for testing but should make it in launch if not in first update like it did in battle arena.

@cyco yea even this game has a lot of call backs to the old ones. this game has every single item skill npc etc from the last 3 once you get to endless arena. as for the next exploring game i may sneak something into the next game as well for parts of those other dungeons.

2021-03-25 23:51:55

I wanted to give you guys a little class preview to a new class that will be in this game called the Savage

The savage is a melee class medium armor uses medium weapons like daggers/hammers

the savage class mostly focuses on vamp melee attacks but has special finisher type attacks that really set it apart.

The savage has Consume and Devour they both work as finishing moves if you kill an enemy with these they give a bonus and if you dont they are not very efficient. That makes these skills a bit of a gamble.

For example Consume is a damaging attack that absorbs remaining hp and restores stam if a killing blow is delt. Consume costs 2 stam and costs a good amount of skill points and while the damage is a bit lower than other 2 stam attacks if you manage to kill the enemy with this attack not only do you consume all their remaining hp but you also get your 2 stam back. So if you play this right you can see youll have quite an advantage. This class also has some minor recovering and draining skills too that make a good combination with the consume and devour skills.

Devour even takes the finishing move a step further. This is a later stage skill but this one costs 3 stam and quite a bit of skill points. however if you defeat an enemy with devour you gain back 4 total stam and all their remaining hp.

This class is a little more advanced than some of the other classic classes but its my fav to play already and im sure ill get some good feedback from you guys on how to make it even better.

Well hope that update holds you guys over hoping to have everything submitted to apple by the end of the day and starting testing tomorrow. I will start shooting emails out tomorrow to the testers everyone that posted here or pmd me will be invited thanks for the support.

2021-03-26 06:25:48

Invites should go out tonight!

Ive submitted the build for approval to apple these usually are reviewed pretty fast when its an update like this one. Here is a look at what you guys will be testing for:

Voiceover Help section
Notes to people testing the game. I tried to rewrite to VoiceOver help to match this game but if anything is missing or confusing please offer a suggestion. The base of this was previously written by nolly here at audio games but I had to put some of my own horrible writing in to explain new features on here but would like it written by the community here if possible.

Checkout each section of the game let me know if something is messed up or confusing and I will try to work with you guys to get it corrected its very hard to tell what did carry over from the old games and what broke and so on. I spent a good time fixing everything I could find but I assume I missed quite a bit.

Other than that enjoy the game I only have 6 classes unlocked currently to test because I really want to focus on getting them balanced. When I do another round of testing I will likely unlock more.  

Here are the rest of the testing notes:

Testing Adventure To Fate Future Arena version 3

If possible send a copy for each class you test to [email protected]

Feedback form:

Have you played any of the other Adventure To Fate games? Which ones?

What class did you test?

What was your favorite and least favorite part about the class?

What was your favorite and least favorite arena? Why?

What was your favorite and least favorite battle?

What crafting profession did you use? Did it feel balanced? Was it too easy or too hard to craft items?

Was any part of the game too easy or too hard?

Any other comments or suggestions you would like to share:please submit these answers to the email [email protected] Thanks!

2021-03-26 06:39:02

hi. wow. that is awesome. i cannot wait to start testing. anyway, i have a question. can player summon creatures in battle this time?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-03-26 06:50:49

necrozma wrote:

hi. wow. that is awesome. i cannot wait to start testing. anyway, i have a question. can player summon creatures in battle this time?

You have your pet you pick before battle to help you in the battle but no cannot change once you are inside the battle.

2021-03-26 06:54:19

darkblade 98 wrote:

Hi.

Wow! this is great news! I love this series of games! welcome back touchmint, good to have you back. Unfortunately I don't have an Iphone anymore but I'm thinking of getting an Ipod or something just to play this game when it comes out. I still play battle arena and quest to the future to this day as well and eagerly await the release of this game.

this game will be on ipad as well as mac m1 however right now testing is just for iphone. hopefully it will be live for those other devices in about 4-6 weeks!

2021-03-26 07:43:59

hmm... that means, will this game have some roguelike elements?

2021-03-29 00:41:06

Testing seems to be going well. I already got some feedback on things I need to fix. Could prob use 1-2 more testers if anyone else is interested.

2021-03-29 08:00:26

Hi @Touchman.
I won't have time to test much during the easter, but if you need someone to give feedback on navigating the user interface with Voiceover, then I'll gladly put some hours into testing the user interface and give as great feedback as possible. But if you need a tester who have time to complete the game multiple times, then it's of course okay to choose an other tester.
Feel free to send me an email at: slj (at) coolfortheblind.dk

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2021-03-29 21:08:07

SLJ wrote:

Hi @Touchman.
I won't have time to test much during the easter, but if you need someone to give feedback on navigating the user interface with Voiceover, then I'll gladly put some hours into testing the user interface and give as great feedback as possible. But if you need a tester who have time to complete the game multiple times, then it's of course okay to choose an other tester.
Feel free to send me an email at: slj (at) coolfortheblind.dk

Yes that is mostly what I am looking for at this time is someone to test the voiceover side of things menus navigation etc. I have a good amount of feedback from this first crew I’m going to make changes and then I will add you to the list hopefully submit another version by this weekend. Thanks!

2021-03-29 22:40:29

Okay, wow.
Was NOT expecting this at all, but I am very happy about this. Have always loved these games and will love to test.
I'll PM you my email.
A few (unrelated) questions:
First off, will there be some sort of skillbook that is used by enemies so that anyone afterword would be able to look at what all of the skills do? (Basically instead of using the enemy skill descriptions only when you hover over a skill like Mimic), it would be nice to know how enemy-exclusive skills effect them.
In sort of the same vein, I'd love to know how powerful player's skills could be. For instance, (and I'm basing these facts off of the classes in Quest to the Future), is there a damage difference between Psychic Bolt or Plagued Bolt?
Again, welcome back, and I'm super excited for this game.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-03-30 09:06:37

@touchman: Awesome. I'm just glad to help. I'm also glad it's okay for you to not expect me to put 20 hours into testing and complete the game multiple times to find bugs, but just give feedback on the voiceover navigation, and of course also the game itself if I discover anything weird. I look forward to hear from you.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-03-31 05:35:07

Mitch wrote:

Okay, wow.
Was NOT expecting this at all, but I am very happy about this. Have always loved these games and will love to test.
I'll PM you my email.
A few (unrelated) questions:
First off, will there be some sort of skillbook that is used by enemies so that anyone afterword would be able to look at what all of the skills do? (Basically instead of using the enemy skill descriptions only when you hover over a skill like Mimic), it would be nice to know how enemy-exclusive skills effect them.
In sort of the same vein, I'd love to know how powerful player's skills could be. For instance, (and I'm basing these facts off of the classes in Quest to the Future), is there a damage difference between Psychic Bolt or Plagued Bolt?
Again, welcome back, and I'm super excited for this game.

Yea I’ve thought about some kind of beastry or spellbook I could do to show what is out there but this is something that won’t make the cut atleast in the initial launch but I do have it noted in todo features. There is a slight chance that I just work a general formula into the skill / spell info that shows some kind of base damage type deal. That could make it into the launch version but again this is really final testing for voice over and whatever small balance tweaks I need to make after testing. I’m still shooting to release the game by the beginning of may so at some point I have to stop type deal.

Thanks again for the interest and I’ll have a new updated version for voiceover testing by Thursday Friday. I’ll get you added to that

2021-03-31 18:52:24

Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to helping in any way that I can.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-04-02 05:07:09

Hey guys just wanted to update everyone. Got some good news and bad news.

Let’s start with the good. I believe I figured out how to stop about 90% of the annoying background button views that happen when swiping to go to next element. My screens or views as they are called stack on eachother while this isn’t a problem and not visible for non voiceover users it is kind of annoying and confusing for you guys so this week has been spent trying to figure out how to stop this while still keeping the game fast and enjoyable for everyone else. Well I managed to figure out a few workarounds such as hiding each of these elements individually when another view pops up. So when you are in the battle view you should no longer be confused my it reading the room you are in.

The bad news this is a ton of work and it’s everywhere! so the update may not hit until late Friday or sat. I’ve already put in about 30 hours this week and hope to put in another 10 to finish up and test tomorrow.

Besides the extra work I’m really excited this may be the solution to making stuff less confusing and more enjoyable for everyone.

2021-04-02 12:33:58

that's all good. looking forward to the actual release of the game.

2021-04-02 23:28:51

Ok the new testing build should be live emails should be going out to those to download the new updated version of the game.

I spent quite a bit of time and was able to remove most of the background elements as well as some extra elements that i think were causing some confusion. its a fine balance between what i can remove for voiceover while keeping non voiceover experiences great as well. I tried to do my best here and i dont want to get my hopes up too much but i think this should be much much better and less confusing as well.

Because I am using tons of workarounds it means odds are i could have broken some things that used to work so keep an eye out for that mostly and enjoy playing!

Thanks for all the feedback so far to make the game better and more accessible I really appreciate it.