2021-03-31 03:04:03

Hi everyone!

My name is Matt and I'm a graduate student working on an audio and vibration only rhythm game for my thesis project.

I have a prototype of the game working with two songs (of varying difficulty) and a tutorial available and I'd love for you guys to try it out and give me some feedback on what you think.

Please note that you will need a controller with vibration working as well as headphones or dual speakers to play the game.

After playing, it would be really helpful to me if you could fill out this 5 minute survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp … sp=sf_link

You can download the game here:
https://mrazikmj.itch.io/feel-the-rhythm

Thanks! Hope you like it!

2021-03-31 03:45:51 (edited by defender 2021-03-31 03:57:10)

For more visibility, I'd also consider posting this on the [email protected] mailing list and R/audiogames Subreddit along with the "Self-Promotion" channel on the AudioGameDev Discord Server

2021-03-31 03:52:10

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check those out.

2021-03-31 03:57:45

Check my edited post, I put links in their and added a discord server.  Sorry you answered before I finished. LOL

2021-03-31 05:21:10

what controllers even work with vibrations. I know that by default without other software vibration doesn't work with playstation controllers because SOny has never made drivers for it on windows.

2021-03-31 05:22:05

Hi.

would love to try this, but I don't unfortunately have a controller with vibration.
Hope the project goes well though.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-31 11:10:30

dude. that! was!
epic!

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2021-03-31 18:12:04

TheTrueSwampGamer wrote:

what controllers even work with vibrations. I know that by default without other software vibration doesn't work with playstation controllers because SOny has never made drivers for it on windows.

It might just be Xbox controllers, that was the only thing I was able to test with as that is what I have on hand. But I'm not sure. I'll look into adding PS controller support.