2021-02-25 15:57:08

Hello fellow adventurers, Sanzef here.
Are you well even after these difficult months?

Today I have a big announcement: a new update of “Blind Quest - The Frost Demon” has been released on http://www.audiogame.store!!

The Update will be free for those of you who have already purchased the game (so re-download it!), but it is also an opportunity to relaunch it with a big discount, plus there is also a bundle with “Blind Quest - The Enchanted Castle”, so take advantage of it!
Here the links:
The Frost Demon: https://bit.ly/37M9Ijg
The Enchanted Castle: https://bit.ly/3skEffQ
Blind Quest Bundle:  https://bit.ly/3uyXTqg

Several months have passed since the game was released and we have received a lot of advice from you: I treasured it and tried to follow your requests.
In addition, I have also become the Blind Quest programmer, so I had more freedom to implement new required features and try out some new ideas.

The biggest change implemented is definitely the combat system. I wanted to keep the main mechanic  but deepening it: now there are fast and heavy attacks for both Nathan and enemies.
The way to attack has also changed: you will have a window of time during the pauses of the enemy combos... so we move even further away from the keystroke spam that has made so many keyboards suffer!

At the beginning of the enemy combo there is a preparation phase in which you can get an anticipation on the directions of the strikes that are about to hit you: this phase should be a help to the player, but if it slows down too much the flow of the game I will remove it. We did just internal testing, so I'd love to have some feedback on it, so feel free to give your opinion in response to this post.

During the fight you will be able to hear the number of damage inflicted and suffered, another thing that many have asked for!

There are several portals distributed throughout the game world now. One of the problems of the game was having to retrace paths already trodden too often: well, now it’s no more! But first you will need to be able to activate them.
This change is linked to another one that has been required for some time: now Nathan can have equipment! Two artisans in the new "Craft district" will help you (if you encourage them with some gold coins) by making weapons and armor that will improve Nathan's stats.
To craft the equipment, however, you will have to find the necessary resources, defeating the enemies and the portals will be useful to quickly reach the farming points.
The equipment is managed by a rather simple system, I know, but at least now there is a system and is  a good enough foundation from which to start for future ideas!

Enemies now respawn more rarely, in order to speed up the transition between maps.

There have been some other small changes, like the ability to skip certain cutscenes, but I'll let you discover them in game!

As I've already written, I'd love to hear feedback, not just on the combat, but on all updates. Unfortunately we having tested this update only internally, if you find any bugs or non-optimized balance, report everything and I will solve it asap!

The Frost Demon is my very first game and I would like to improve it every day… unfortunately sooner or later I will have to stop with the updates, but until then I would like to have your opinion on small changes that I could do!

What would you prefer to have added to the game??
- More complex system of equipment;
- More classic menu navigation;
- More enemies;
- More side quests; (it’s a bit hard, but who knows… maybe!)
- Also skip the descriptions of the maps;
- Combat system even more complex (a flee mechanic, combo attacks...);
- More sfx;
- Screen reader support… I know you want it, but unfortunately for this title I can't implement it. Feels.
- Other (tell me your idea!);

I do not guarantee that I will be able to do everything that is asked, but I am very interested in the opinion of the community and will try to improve the game according to your opinions.
I believe that if The Frost Demon has improved in recent months it is more thanks to you than mine!

Thanks a lot to anyone who will try the Update!
We have left a difficult year behind us, I hope to get back on track with Blind Quest too!

2021-02-25 17:20:12

Hi:

Is the demo updated? I would like to try this; unfortunately I have no funds available to PC at the moment. If this were on the iOS or Mac app stores it would be easier to purchase this for me.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-02-25 19:11:17

Hi @tayo.bethel, not yet, but in few day it will be!
I'm glad you wanna try it out.

2021-02-25 20:50:59

Hello
Looking forward to trying the demo with the new combat improvements.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-02-25 23:10:34

Hey @Muhammad, that's awesome!

2021-02-26 02:51:29

Personally, I prefer more enemies. I am one of those people that likes to grind in RPGs. However, I don’t like to put such things in there for those that don’t. So, here is my idea. Maybe a side quest would take the player to an arena or a place infested with demons. That way, people like me could go to that place whenever we wanted and those that didn’t feel like grinding could only have to contend with it once and never have to run into a whole bunch of enemies again.

2021-02-26 04:28:21

Well I have emailed the store because my usercode just doesn't work with this new version.
I got the update though.

2021-02-26 11:52:38

Hi,
Is this game a sequel to 'Blind Quest, The Enchanted Castle'?

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2021-02-26 12:04:04

@vaibhavbhandari, yes, it literally carries on the story from where blindquest ends.

@Sanzef, glad the combat system is getting an update, and that you now have equipment, I remember discussing this when beta testing the game.

I'll be interested to try out the update and see what's changed and updated since I last played through Frost demon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-26 12:10:39

Hi @dalen lewin, I'll keep this in mind. Creating zones with more combat that differ from the more narrative parts could be interesting!

Hey @crashmaster, my colleagues have received the mail and they are working on the problem! I hope they resolve quickly.

Hello @vaibhavbhandari, "The Frost Demon" is the sequel of "The Enchanted Castle" but the plots are independent.

2021-02-26 12:11:26

Hey @Dark, thanks mate!

Hope you'll enjoy.

2021-02-26 19:53:21

@crashmaster we figured out what is the problem with the usercode! Now you can properly download the update and the usercode shouldn't be requested.
Let me know if there are any other problems.

2021-02-27 06:50:42

Hi.
Yes, got the corrected update and the issue is gone.

2021-02-27 23:02:31

Good! Sorry for the inconvenience Crash.

2021-03-03 00:42:53

hi,
I like the idea of this combat system and I also glad to see crafting as long as you have what's required and are able to pay the coins
I've however found I can't go to the volcano island when I've paid what I should in coins. I've also have problems with the coin amount I have as it tells me that I have around 100 coins which is believeible, but then I see I have 1000 coins which I haven't earned. I don't know if it's just me or this is a bug.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2021-03-03 22:55:48

I can’t wait until this comes out on iOS.

2021-03-04 16:48:45

Hi @Tech Geek. Happy that you are enjoying the new features!
I found out what's the problem with the Volcano Island and I have fix it, but before to upload the solution, I would like to know more about the gold problem. Can describe me a little more about it? Where and when you hear about the difference between your actual coins and the 1000?

@dale lewin I promise it will come!! Hold on a little longer.

2021-03-04 19:59:42

I’m honestly glad to hear those words. As much as I can’t wait, I’m glad to know that you are making sure all the bugs are ironed out and the gameplay is fun enough to warrant my buying it. Thanks.

2021-03-05 00:31:34

hi,
yes no problem
i get it when i fight the monks for the first time just so i can get enough coins for the volcano island and then suddenly after I fight them it just appears. i can't remember it's for the first time though, but it could be actually when it reloads my last saved point when I fight them again winning the battle. then when i get that coins it starts going down after each fight after that so then I can't track my coins of course.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2021-03-05 02:31:22

Just got a copy of the game, wow I'm seeing the differences, for a start, those monks aren't pushovers anymore, and I can tell this combat system is going to take a while to get used to.
thanks for some great updates and taking into account people's feedback.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-06 00:42:13

hi,
you said you fixed the volcano island, but i can't access the island still in the latest version. i double checked by restarting the game and still the same result.

Sam

2021-03-30 11:24:18

Hi guys, sorry for ghosting you, it's been a tough time!
The new update with many bug fixes can be downloaded from the site!

@Tech Geek now the Volcano Island works properly!

In the game folder there is a README file, with the inputs list, as some users have requested, hopefully it will help!

Hey @Dark happy you got the game to check out the changes. I hope that everything works smoothly now.

Tomorrow the demo will be ready.

2021-03-30 14:55:53

ok, 2 issues now. when you battle any enemy you can't heal at all which means you have to win the battle of course. the other problem i've found is when you go thhrough the portal to the circle it only allows you to examine everything and go back through the portal. i don't know if the same issue accurse with every portal or if you enter the room through walking the same thing happens as i haven't tried these methods. i only know about the portal to the circle being broken.

Sam

2021-03-30 15:24:31

ok so the circle problem happens when you walk there and this means you can only access this room through the portal, but you'll have to walk through rooms to get to other places, but i still don't know about the other rooms with portals in.

Sam

2021-03-30 18:42:49

I can’t wait until this thing comes to iOS. An audio action RPG with gold and crafting and what not, and for iOS? Yeah, definitely take all the time you need for this. This sounds like it’s going to be pretty hard to pull off.