2021-03-03 02:26:29

Definitely not a must. There's extr information that adds to the experience, but the game is completely playable without it, and you won't miss out on the story. You will not be able to read the mystery files though.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-03-03 03:28:45

Thanks guys!!! I appreciated!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-03-03 09:34:27

@Dragons: Being able to play the game without the need of using OCR was the main reason for I started to work on the guide. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-03-03 10:24:15

Well, if SLJ will write down everything from analysis mode than yeah, OCR will be not that required.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-03-04 02:01:41

Yeah... everything in analysis will definitely take a while. lol. But as long as the choices are copied down so playes know where they're going, that's the most important.

2021-03-08 05:32:01

Just finished the story for two characters. But I'm curious.. is it possible to clear them without completing all possible story paths? I know some visual novel style games end diferently depending on choices made, but I'm guessing this game requires you to complete every route before clearing it? I find myself genuinely sad that both these chracter's stories are over, because I think I've found my favourites for this game. lol

2021-03-08 06:16:30

As far as I know, you clear all paths when you complete the stories. This isn't really a branching narrative per se.

2021-03-08 08:39:55

Yeah you have to complete all paths.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2021-03-08 21:29:00 (edited by assault_freak 2021-03-08 22:36:07)

Good to know. Because I thought you were supposed to be able to replay the story using the touchpad button to reset it once a story's been completed. But it hasn't worked which is why I was wondering. Also, because for one of the characters, I didn't see them being connected to their sentinel, and I just expected everyone to have their gettin their sentinel as part of the story. lol

2021-03-25 14:40:32

Still playing my way through this game, and I'm still loving it! Does anyone know when it's possible to restart character stories from the beginning? I thought the touch pad was supposed to allow you to restart a story once you've cleared it. Also loving that the battles are starting to provide a challenge. Granted, it's because I don't have the visual advtantage, but still. It's nice to know they aren't a breeze and we can strategize, even if it's limited.

2021-03-25 15:22:50

@Assault. I was stuck for a while on the boss of the 2nd area. That was super hard as you need to move all of your sentinels to destroy the tower. To be honest no idea how to do that without sighted help, my wife needed to help me there. Other than that? The battles are not that difficult to do atleast for now.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-03-25 16:12:23

I don't think it's possible to restart any characters stories. Why would you do that?

Best regards SLJ.

2021-03-25 20:15:15

Actually you can, once all stories are completed.
You just press the touch pad while on any story and the game will ask if you want to restart the story.
You'd want to do this once all is said and done because the storyline is extremely complex, and the game likes to lock off parts until other stories are progressed  or enough battles are cleared.
Once you've watched the credits you can see any story complete without needing to move away from it.
Also, a sighted someone is most likely going to need to write up a guide containing all the text of the analysis section, as most story beats are only fleshed out there.
Later!

2021-03-25 20:55:55

Nah. Not entirely true. The analysis section is supplimentary... and OCR reads it pretty much perfectly. Thanks for the tip about all stories having to be complete, however.
@lirin, thanks for the tip about Wave 10 of the second area. I'l bare that in mind.

2021-03-26 06:54:59

@lirin, I  beat that battle just now, on my first try. Not sure how I managed it, I just moved all my strongest sentinels north until I found a target that had a lot of health then beat the crap out of it. Apparently it worked. lol

2021-03-26 14:06:29

Well, thanks for the info! I need to replay that to see if that works lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-03-27 01:37:55

Bring lots of centry guns, interceptors, and EMPS. That helped a lot as well.

2021-03-27 02:01:55

Hmm, makes sense.
Also, I am at the very end of the game actually. 90% story completed so far plus few battles remains.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-03-27 02:44:32

Congrats. Apparently the final battle takes half an hour if you're sighted... that is crazy.

2021-03-27 07:59:37

For anyone who hasn't played through Takatoshi Hijiyama's story yet...

spoilers here.

During one of his routes, you will gain a keyword that enables him to pick up change. Unfortunately, the places you can do so are near where a certain cat is located.You will know this is going on because you will hear two girls talking about the cat being lucky. The only way to find it for the first two tries is to just walk around and consider the change keyword. Otherwise Hijiyama will say something like he doesn't see anything nearby. When you hit the right spot, you'll know.

2021-03-28 03:51:46

@Assault: Thanks my friend! Your hind helped a lot! smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-03-28 07:00:43

Glad it worked! haha.

2021-03-29 18:41:11 (edited by assault_freak 2021-03-29 18:41:43)

Since this thread is quiet, I'm just going to bring something here I love... the sound design in this game is amazing. This may not be a new thing, butI love the attetion todetail.

Shinonome has to take medicine constantly to ease her headaches and dizziness, no spoilers here so I won't say why. But I love the fact that every time her head starts to bother her,in addition to her dialogue telling you that it's happening, the audio also becomes warped until you take medicine. The bass is decreased, there's a chorusy / doubling effect on everything, and the worse her headache gets, the more pronounced it is. I know this isn't exactly a new thing, but it's nice to see this in a game we can play. It definitely adds much to the atmosphere.

2021-03-29 18:46:10

Oh yeah, I totally agree! Such a fantastic detail which build the astmosphere! smile

BTW, I am just stuck at her story as I Need to do something there (probably get somewhere without being spotted)

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-03-29 19:57:13

Spoilers:
I'm just taking a guess, but if you're stuck at the same part I was, you have to find the girls who are compatible pilots in the hallway. As you walk, consider the female compatible ones (not sure if that's the word in English) or not because I'm playing in Japanese. You need to find Kisaragi. Once you've found her near by, go down and to the right a little and try and talk to her.

Having written all that, I'm not actually sure if that's where you're stuck. lol