2021-03-23 20:18:36

Wait, wasn't he already community failured once? LOL

2021-03-23 20:49:25

First of all, let's see if he actually does it this time. For someone hell-bent on actually leaving the forum, I have trouble believing that he didn't actually know about throw-away emails or whatnot. In the meantime, however, let's not over-inflate this thread, or any other, with further Brad-bashing.

It's also important to note that unlike prior users, Brad has never come to us to ask us to lock him out of his account for a set amount of time. He has never acknowledged any form of addiction or habit, instead trying to pass the buck to us for not granting his wishes. It's been made clear at several times in the past that we're not responsible for handling your account for you. We aren't by any means above helping you out if you really need it, but if most of your efforts consist of blaming everyone else but yourself, we're probably going to be disinclined to go the extra mile for you, especially when you don't reach out first.
Brad has repeatedly signalled that he wants to leave, but apparently can't find it in himself to do so for very long. He's repeatedly signalled that he wants to have his data removed from this website, yet has not done any of the legwork to get that to happen. We've made clear several times that we're not going to retroactively scourge people from the forum at their request. If you no longer want to be here, then stop showing up, and people will no longer have any reason to interact with you.

It's also important, however, to note that Brad was not the primary reason I did what I did, and not the primary reason I'm resistant to changing things back to the way they were before. Oh sure, he's part of it, but he's not the biggest part, or even the worst. As annoying as all this can be, it's not a direct violation of rules, whereas other situations I've cited in the past were far more flagrant than this Brad situation ever was. So let's keep this in perspective; we aren't out to get Brad, we're not targeting him or anyone else in specific here. We simply don't believe that user A should be in control of user B's data, especially if user A has done something wrong and misuses the power they have in order to render criticism of their actions immaterial.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-03-24 06:47:55

Jayde, while I generally agree with you here in that pushing users away from the forum is never a good idea, the hole situation went on for longer than it should have.
It's clear that Brad can't muster up the final energy to step away from the forum without any help from the other side, this side beeing the mods.
As I stated earlier, I'd say a longer ban might create the distance between Brad and the forum, possibly resulting in him finally accepting that he can't contribute to the forum anymore and that his head is finally set on staying away.
You know best that him leaving and returning, sometimes acompanied by I'm leaving or I'm back threats is just a flamepid about to explode every time this happens.
So, wouldn't it be best to eliminate the source of potential drama once and for all, at least for about half a year or so?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-24 07:33:37

Well, without getting into specifics, it looks as if brad may, in fact, have changed his email at least. This means that if he also scrambled his password, he may have effectively locked himself out.

2021-03-25 21:11:07

In my opinion, if this could be added... And I know it really can't...
But if it could, I think a button called Mark for deletion on topics would be nice. The creator of the topic could click this little button, and a nice little screen pops up that says, "Are you absolutely, positively, completely, totally, and 100 percent sure you'd like to mark this topic for deletion?" and if the creator clicks the little yes icon, there's then another nice little message that says, "Your topic has been marked for deletion. Mods will review the topic, and if they find that it passes the guidelines for topic deletion will be deleted."
I'd assume the guidelines would be something like the following:

Topic must have 5 or fewer replies
Topic must be at least somewhat pointless
Topic must have less than 80 views, (Or something similar.)

Anyone who has the ability to create a new forum, and anyone who's planning to replace this one when it bites the dust, may want to keep this in mind... If other people like the idea of course.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-25 21:44:58

brad wrote:

I'm gone for real smile

If anyone is actually willing to bet that he won't be back within, say, three months I'll organize a Paypal pool and raise Ethin, Targor and whoever else $3. Meaning we'd be up to $9 and if he doesn't show up you can take your fucking McDonalds.
As much as I just like betting, maybe in a way it'd do some good.

Personally, I'm not in the habit of looking at people as potential sources of drama (outwardly anyway). If you can't be an adult and abide by the expectations set out here, you have no reason staying around and will get what's coming eventually. Supposition, no matter how valid it may be, is still mere supposition. Not gonna lie I wanted to give the guy a pat on the back when I saw his former signature.

But back to the topic at hand. If what @MatthewSmithYT is proposing were possible I'd take thirty minutes out of my day and code such a thing for no other reason than it'd literally be saving me alone triple the time later.

2021-03-25 23:41:08

I would like to be added to that bet pool, hell I could supply money for it myself. Even if he did truly lock himself out, he can easily create a new email and make a new forum account. And he has a distinct writing style, so we should have no problem finding out it is him, if he doesn't come out and say it directly.

2021-03-26 00:04:16

I'd contribute to that, too. $5 here.

2021-03-26 00:17:23

Yup, let's do it!

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2021-03-26 00:32:02 (edited by Ethin 2021-03-26 00:32:51)

Damn, we're up to $14.00 if my math is right. I'm not keeping track. I wonder how high it'll get.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-03-26 03:03:51 (edited by Quin 2021-03-26 03:04:08)

Okay, I'll contribute $6.00, because if I contributed 5, it would be an odd number and my OCD doesn't like odd numbers. tongue

2021-03-26 06:58:37 (edited by Zarvox 2021-03-26 06:59:44)

so far almost everyone who has contributed is a dev. That's great! Oh and let's add 1 more dollar so that his ocd can get the better of him lol.

2021-03-28 13:49:22 (edited by Zarvox 2021-03-28 13:52:09)

someone deleted their post in this thread. Which post was it? Hell let's add $10 to the donation pool because of that. Edit I believe it was post 57. If that is confirmed, add 5 more.

2021-03-28 18:11:31

So we're now up to, what, 25? I'm not keeping track :-( That's gonna hurt me if I have to pay y'all lol

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-05-21 00:16:02

cartertemm wrote:
brad wrote:

I'm gone for real smile

If anyone is actually willing to bet that he won't be back within, say, three months I'll organize a Paypal pool and raise Ethin, Targor and whoever else $3. Meaning we'd be up to $9 and if he doesn't show up you can take your fucking McDonalds.
As much as I just like betting, maybe in a way it'd do some good.

Personally, I'm not in the habit of looking at people as potential sources of drama (outwardly anyway). If you can't be an adult and abide by the expectations set out here, you have no reason staying around and will get what's coming eventually. Supposition, no matter how valid it may be, is still mere supposition. Not gonna lie I wanted to give the guy a pat on the back when I saw his former signature.

But back to the topic at hand. If what @MatthewSmithYT is proposing were possible I'd take thirty minutes out of my day and code such a thing for no other reason than it'd literally be saving me alone triple the time later.

Written on 2021-03-25 1:44 pm:

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/640611/#p640611

2021-05-21 00:17:26

Not even 2 months. Who wants some Mcdonalds?

2021-05-21 00:47:52

LOL. Why am I not surprised though? Oh, I know. He only comes back every time.
I mean what? No one said that

2021-05-21 02:14:59 (edited by Ethin 2021-05-21 02:15:28)

Alright guys, pay up. big_smile

My Github

2021-05-21 15:56:22

Thought about saying something a few days ago when I was checking the restricted topic, but decided not to. Surprised I'm not the only one.

-----

2021-05-21 18:28:51 (edited by targor 2021-05-21 18:29:50)

Oh shit. Totally forgot about this. Are we relatively certain that this was really him? Because there has been a lot of trolling in this topic lately.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-05-21 19:58:33

We can't ever know, I guess.

-----

2021-05-21 21:25:16

Looks alot like his writing style and the same kinda persona. Its either a really good troll, or him

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-05-21 21:41:12

yeah the writing style looks similor

2021-05-21 23:00:59

Wouldn't this be like an alt, though because wasn't he like band or something.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-05-21 23:18:45

Once upon a time, yes, but I'm pretty sure he served out that ban, came back, then decided for the sixth time or so that he was leaving. He scrambled his password and sent it to a junk email address to which he doesn't have access, so this would have been his only way to come back.

Now, ask me if I'm surprised that it took two months or less for him to return.