2011-07-19 21:03:05

Hi,
I know this is something to do with this forum but I decided to put it in the off topic room. When you've typed all the writing you put in your private message to someone, do you click preview or save as draft?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-20 09:17:16

Preview will simply display what the message will look like. Save as Draft will save a draft somewhere so you can edit it later.
There's a send / submit button somewhere that will actually send it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2011-07-20 14:42:01

Hi,
Type your pryvet message and then press ctrl+enter.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-07-20 17:59:21

thanks burak and cae_jones i will try that now.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-14 20:01:48

its really good that before you post your comments just  click first the preview.. so that u can check your message,, well thanks for reminding..

Thumbs up

2011-08-14 20:05:25

yeah, because then you can check if you've done it right.

2011-08-14 20:23:28

Hi all.
How do you know when you've received a private message? I always have to click on a link to message someone else, then I get the link to my inbox, so that means I don't go there much.
Thanks

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2011-08-15 09:21:53 (edited by dhruv 2011-08-15 09:23:18)

hi brendan,
ctrl+home, ins+f7, n, n, n, enter.
these are commands if your a jaws user.
and when you here "new messages" if there is any new messages, you get like "new messages (1)" or whatever number of messages you don't read.

This is not a signature.

2011-08-16 11:39:32

Hi,
How can I read the messages properly? I am pressing enter on them but it thinks I will reply to it.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-08-16 14:06:45

Go to headings, and the first heading has the actual message. The second one lets you reply.
HTH.

2011-08-16 14:40:25

Thank you.

2011-08-16 21:36:59

You're very welcome
smile

2011-08-17 17:58:35

Hi,
Yeah thanks druv for your help in the previous post. Another question: Will you be notified via e-mail if you received a PM?
Thanks

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2011-08-17 18:18:23

Nope.

2011-08-17 18:52:13

No, I just always check when I go on here smile
I hardly ever get them anyway.

2011-08-18 19:07:11

Me neither, that's why I'm wondering. smile

Brendan
-----

2019-02-08 07:07:30

2 questions. How do I check private messages on mac and iOS? And what is this error when trying to log in or send someone an email? I would have sent an email rather than a pm if it didn't give me an error.

2019-02-08 08:02:44

Hi. Why did you have to resurrect an 8 years old topic to ask such a question is beyond my ability to understand. You could have just created a new one and ask the question, it would have been a much simpler way.
I read through all the posts and then noticed that this is a dead and long rotten topic, please stop wasting my time and make a new topic if you really need an answer. This topic necromancy is very annoying and getting on my nerves now.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up +2

2019-02-09 01:27:58

I googled the topic and this showed up. I don't care about bringing topics back to life, I care about the answer. It doesn't matter if I make a new one or add to the old one. A question is a question, an answer is an answer.

2019-02-09 08:49:44

jesus christe mastodont, you don't have to be rude if you don't have anything to contribute.
@Zarvox I have no idea what is causing the login error, you may have better luck if you post this in the sight feedback  section, but i usually log in then load http://forum.audiogames.net again and  see myself logged in.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2019-02-09 13:32:21 (edited by defender 2019-02-09 13:33:27)

No, I tend to agree with Mastadont, and he could have been much ruder.
I understand reaching this topic from Google, but this probably should have been asked as a new question in site and forum feedback.
Topic necromancy hasn't been codified in the rules yet though, so he's not breaking any, even if it's common on nearly all other forum sites, and therefore should probably be classed as basic internet etiquette.
So given that status quo I think the response was perfectly reasonable in intensity even if you don't personally agree with it.

Thumbs up