2021-03-08 13:45:31

a simptum of simptor

2021-03-08 22:25:54

banning ip ranges would probably start a fun cat and mouse game

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2021-03-08 23:28:16

Jesus, 1 like to 7 dislikes?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-03-09 00:43:05

Uh, can you blame us? I hate to be sharp about it, but that video is awful. The music is too loud, the speech sounds in the background are too loud, Simter is too quiet, his reading is choppy (some of this is absolutely not his fault, mind you), and he does not present a clear or cogent argument. He never has. Like, ever. It's always been about Simter moving the goal posts, and that's primarily why he isn't here anymore. If you do that once, you're just being difficult. When you do that every single time you're challenged, it gets old. And when you combine it with trying to turn everything into "the mods hate Simter" and "Free Simter"...can you really be surprised when his public image has taken this much of an ass-kicking?

Something of an open secret, but my long-winded flag-raising post was an elaborate trap. Everything in that post was deliberately designed to provoke a reaction. While I think I made a very strong case for why Timmi Whisky was just Simter trying to advocate for himself by evading his ban, I was also hoping to provoke a little outrage, defensiveness and even some anger from him. And guess what? I got it all. The way he refuted my claims was classic Simter. It's either that, or he's growing little mini-Simter clones in his basement.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-03-09 01:31:39

Only dark is capable of such things, silly Jayde.

_____

2021-03-09 09:46:56

i've laughed out loud to post29 and thummbed it up

2021-03-09 10:28:51

I admire this man for his patience ha ha.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-03-09 10:43:40

I wonder if I could have evaded a ban. In a hypothetical situation where I would get under Yayde's fire, got banned and created a second account, what would happen then?
1. My new nick name could easily get associated with the real Nuno. Hm, what names do I have in my mind now?
Gushasad: Nah, many people know me under that name.
GrashVarrag: Gothic! Everyone knows Gothic and many people know I love this game beyond words.
RedSoldier: Hmm, many people here know that I am interested in communism
Soldatik: Romanized version of "Little Soldier" in Russian. That's a good name! I haven't watched this movie yet, nor I have written about it on this forum.

2. Hiding myself from myself
The hardest point in the whole fun. I imagine this owuld be something I couldn't hold for long. I imagine this can get pretty tiresome because you have to lie to everyone, and even to yourself that you're someone else. I really hate RP very much.

3. Creating a distinctive speech style
Well, that could be pretty hard, as my English is not good enough to make it possible for me to create a completely new writing style which is completely different from my own. There's a way to circumvent it, but Simmy seems not to realize it, which is good? I suppose?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-03-09 12:02:03

It is really, really hard to do it for a long time. Not impossible, but the more you talk and participate, the easier folks are going to be able to fit pieces together.

And here's another secret for you, and a bit of a Jayde history lesson that 99.99% of you don't know about.
In 2004 I found a browser-based RPG that was fairly new. I signed up, not knowing if it would be accessible. Lo and behold, it was! Within five months I was a writer. I wrote text, helped make quests, designed monsters, and was generally part of the staff team. I was good at my job. But this is where it gets messy. 2005 Jayde was a lot more hot-headed than I am now, stuck his nose into freaking -everything, and simply would not let things rest even when there was good reason to do so. 2005 Jayde thought he knew damn near everything, in some ways. So I caused a lot of controversy because I called it like I saw it, and this pissed some people off. It was a lot of staff politics, the endpoint of which led me to get fired from the staff team because a bunch of people threatened to quit, and essentially tied the game owner's hands. I believed then, and still believe now, that this was a dick move on their part, and that I got saddled with far more blame than I deserved. But god, I didn't make it easy on anyone, including myself. Shortly after being fired, I was banned from the game for even more bullshit reasons than were used for my firing. I...did not react well at all, and I'm not proud of it. What followed was me having a bumpy history there for a few years. I was on-again off-again allowed to play, but there was a lot of bad blood running both ways, and while my temper was cooling as I aged, I still wasn't good at suppressing my personality quirks. As such, I would routinely get myself kicked out of there, then make an alt and come back. Each time I came back, I was able to stay a little longer.
Now thankfully, that issue is more than a decade in my past; even the end of it, I mean, happened in like 2010-2011. By then, I was confident of my ability to create an alternate character that no one would detect - yes, even one that regularly participated in spirited discussions - because by trying and failing so often to beat the system, I'd learned the tricks of the trade.

So, why am I telling you this? Simple. Because now I'm on the other side of the fence. Four years of off-and-on trying to evade detection on a game I desperately wanted to play, a community that gave me the boot and which I firmly believe had treated me unfairly, taught me a metric fuckton about how to create an alternate persona. I am not proud of this, but I can use the knowledge I gleaned to take apart pretty much anyone who pings my radar. And said radar is very, very easy to set off.
I'm very obviously not infallible, but you're talking to someone who sadly has a lot of experience here. Simter is...what? Just into his teenage years? He's been ban-evading for less than six months. His first language isn't English. He keeps trying the same tactics. This isn't even a challenge; it's like shooting fish in a barrel, to coin a phrase. And again, I'm not proud of this. Facts are facts though.
Now, add all this to the other members of the team, who have their own experiences and perspective, and who all bring their own facts to the table whenever something fishy starts to happen. We can make mistakes, but it's really, really difficult to put one over on us. And no, your alt that you made in 2014 that never talks or logs in anymore doesn't count.

Also, just in case it wasn't clear, this is not, absolutely not, an endorsement for you to try and beat the system. You might do it, if you're lucky, and if you know how, but all you're doing is playing with fire, and risking both your current account and whichever alt you choose to make. Please don't take this as a dare or a challenge. It's merely context. Ban evasion here just doesn't pay. You're much better off waiting out your term, or, if you truly think you've been treated unfairly, getting hold of us in some other fashion.

tl.dr: I'm not meaning to boast, but I'm tough to trick, so please just...don't. It'll save both of us a headache.

Better yet, if you do know of an alt that's floating around causing mischief, let us know. I do mean hard evidence here; please don't flood us with vague supposition or hearsay. We're only human, and bound to make mistakes.

2021-03-09 20:17:21

You know, it was a strange cooincidence.
Andy the blindy got banned and just a few days after, there is a new account that apparently comes from Germany as wel.
I had a gut feeling that it could be an alt of Simter and I thought about calling him out by addressing him as Simter, but well, he got banned before I could start my little experiment.
Ah anyway, let's wait for the next one.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-10 07:53:29

Funny how one day later from when timmy wiski got banned an account called jasmin starts to post after a while which had a signiture about free simter 2 weeks a go.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-03-10 08:10:14

And do I ever recognize that name...

2021-03-10 08:10:23

People should just quit trying to reason with this guy. He keeps trying to prove this nonsensical point of his and there seems to be no way to make him even consider trying to believe otherwise. Still needs a little growing up to do I guess, or is his English not good enough to get his point across properly. I don't know. No 420000 word long post can change his mind. Ban the shit out of him whenever he tries getting back on here and move on. Nobody wants people like him on here anyway.

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2021-03-10 08:44:14

@Defective: already taken care of

2021-03-10 12:49:58

i think i actualy know this Jasmin, person. and if i do then i can confirm that she is not simpter

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2021-03-10 12:50:07 (edited by Zarvox 2021-03-10 13:01:07)

after so many attempts though, it just becomes humorous instead of frustrating. I mean, the mods almost don't even need to lift a finger anymore. But they still do just to be safe. Love ya mods. And no, Jasmine is not simptor. That account has been on here long enough, that red flags would have been spotted by now. She may share a few of simptor's points, but she hasn't stirred up enough trouble yet to be headline news.
@Jayde you are using your experience of cheating the system in a good way with good intensions now, so I am glad you have found the positive side to this. Ironically now you are the one busting alts, so it comes in handy.

2021-03-10 13:02:50

so i know now that she is not simter. 
So what is the reason of the ban?
i mean i am also from germany do i get banned now?

2021-03-10 14:16:06

Ok, but hold on a second. Why did she then use the hashtag free simter signiture for so much time? Also, same writing stile don't you notice? Check it out.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-03-10 19:06:28

Same writing style, including the same chaotic sentence structure, same sorts of typos, same letter substitution for v and w at the beginning of words. (By itself, not a dead giveaway)
Was created shortly after Simter was put on watch, started arguing some of the same things Simter did. (Building a case here, but it's not definitive by any means)
Comes from the same area Simter does, and is approximately the same age (again, not definitive on its own, this is important)
Refers to themselves in certain posts in such a way as to parallel Simter's experience. Seriously, the post history is not that long, go dig it up for yourselves.

In particular on that last point, I saw the following:

Jasmin wrote:
"so please. You must be kidding. No, I could not get away with clones when I was tired. But when I don't know why clones are illegal and then you show me the license and I misunderstand it cause I am tired, that is not at all a warn or ban reason. I cannot get away with insulting someone and more stuff coming, you got the point."

Remember Simter excusing his actions in the Mac VM topic by saying he was tired and didn't read the ULA through? Remember Simter used to support clones as well?
It's just a very, very similar defense. I mean sure, maybe Jasmin is just another young German who talks like Simter, acts like Simter and thinks like Simter, but at some point you have to draw a line.

However, if there is definitive, hard proof that we have made a mistake, then we'll investigate and will reverse the decision. Please note that "I don't think it's Simter" is not hard proof.

2021-03-11 08:16:38

why not just start banning random people?
i mean i Understand why timi whiski was banned.  but this ban here was not correct at all.

2021-03-11 09:15:43

Then explain why it only took Simter 3 hours to figure out we had banned Jasmin. For the record, we didn't even fanfare it. We put it in the discipline topic, along with a fairly nondescript post in this topic. A search for moderation: would not have brought it up. Which meant he must have been anticipating this would happen eventually.

2021-03-11 15:23:16

@Jack, Link new posts! He probably red the new posts

_____

2021-03-11 18:48:01

But of course, he's banned. How is he reading -anything?

Again, any one of those things I outlined is by no means enough to ban someone. That's silly. The problem here is when you start having three, four, five things in common with somebody. That starts raising a lot of red flags, especially when the similarities themselves are as specific as these are.

Again, is it technically possible we're wrong? Absolutely it is. Is it likely? I...just don't think so.

Also, "This account was created a long time ago, therefore it can't be Simter" is not an argument at all. People have created alts before. Just because this account was created before Simter got iced doesn't actually prove anything. It could have been Simter's backup plan, for all we know. Frankly, it didn't have many posts, and it flew under our radar.

2021-03-11 18:58:49

do you really think he is smart enough for a backup plan though? He sounds like the, I think now, I do now, type of person, and not the, let's think ahead person. And he isn't usually able to fly under the radar for this amount of time, so either this isn't him, or yes you completely over looked this account because he wasn't yet making alts which was already pointed out, but this one just sounds like you are giving him too much credit for being able to think ahead and think rationally.

2021-03-11 19:03:42

Uh, there's something called VPN's Jayde, even if a person was banned they could still easily flip on the VPN switch and look at the forum normally, or hell. If you go somewhere that isn't your house you could easily go on the forum, example school, friend's house, etc. So the he's banned he can't read the forum argument doesn't hold as much water either

_____