2020-08-25 23:33:05

@3624
While Swamp does not natively support controllers, there's a program called joy2key.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-09-04 20:22:58

Hi all, A new player is having trouble registering after paying.  Anyone remember any difficulty?  Its been years since I did this.

2020-10-13 04:24:30

Hey folks, been feeling a bit nostalgic for this game tonight, boredom due to the pandemic probably. Anyways, is this game still around? Seems after checking the passed few pages worth of posts it seems its been abandoned, but is it still possible to renew accounts or even log on the game? If I can even remember my passwords that is...
Thanks in advance. I may not play but was just curious if the option was even available to me should I decide to or have any time to jump on at any point.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2020-10-13 04:53:57

As far as I know it's still up and still works fine.  It even got an update of some sort a few weeks ago.  But Aprone is one of the authors that the forum's drama managed to push off the forum, if I recall, so this thread is kind of abandoned.

Note that I don't play it, so if it *did* go down or whatever I wouldn't know.  And it's no longer free, if you haven't played it since before that change.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-10-13 08:14:32

Yeah. Aprone left the forum and have moved to Discord instead. I haven't got used to Discord yet, so I don't follow the news about the game. I have enough social medias to check up on, Facebook, Twitter, lots of different forums, my email and also my job, so I find yet an other social media thing too overwhelming at the moment. I don't understand why he won't keep this topic up to date and just skip everything else on the forum, but that's his choice.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-10-13 08:44:49

Interesting, aprones got a discord server now? Is it just a swamp specific one or his games and programs in general? Either way, I wouldn't mind joining if someone could put an invite link up. I don't hang around here really anymore so honestly I'd prefer to be on there.
Side note: SLJ I know back in the day you were the one to make a guide for us mac users to use virtual machines, is that still relevant now days? I will need to get a vm going if I am to play, considering wineskin is no longer supported on Catalina as far as I know, damn apple security.

2020-10-13 09:40:55

He has the discord link on his website.
https://discord.gg/2JntBPN
He also has his own forum, but haven't checked it in a while so no idea how active it is.

2020-10-13 12:05:30

too much wining on this board to much crying clone and what not i only come here because this is where new games are talked about no other reason.

2020-10-13 16:27:55

Yeah a lot of wining lol though I think less now than in previous years, at least thats what I figure from my quick browsing of the past few hours, maybe I'm wrong?
I personally don't game at all really anymore due to life, so I've had no real reason to come here. I'm mostly on reddit now days. Or discord. Though its only recently gotten good on the IOS app as far as accessibility is concerned, and I have yet to try the mac client or web version.
Sorry this was slightly off topic, thanks for that link though whoever that was, I'll get on there at some point maybe, if I can get swamp running on my system perhaps, though I don't have a windows vm at the moment.

2020-10-14 08:37:21

@BlindJedi: Yeah my guide on how to use a virtual machine is still relevant. i'm using it every day. I haven't upgraded to Fusion 12 yet though. But all the tips in the guide does still work, also regarding to Swamp. I might have a few more tips for the Macbooks with the touchbar. Please let me know if you need anything. It's best to send me an email if you wanna contact me privately. I'm quite busy, so I often don't have much time to check my email. So there might go a few days before I have time to answer.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-10-14 18:54:51

Was the update released that increased exp from zombos? I haven't played in a month or two.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2021-03-07 16:49:01 (edited by Diego 2021-03-07 16:49:27)

Hello guys!
I downloaded both parts of the game, extracted the files, them put the patch on, ran the checkup but error 52 occurs.
I tried to run windows 64.bat but it also didn't work.
What can I do?
Another question:
On average, how many people play online? I'm thinking of buying, but if you don't hear a lot of players or it's worth it.

2021-03-07 19:19:44

The game is deffinitely worth playing and it's pretty active. Every time I log-in I see 20 or more players online.
It is still one of the best audio games after all, one of a kind with lots of things to do. You should deffinitely play if you can afford it.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-03-07 19:27:39

has he updated the game quite yet?

2021-03-07 21:04:12

Ok. And about my problem? Is there a solution?

2021-03-07 21:15:31

Hello guys!
I fixed the problem:
Is NVDA sapi, I changed the default sapi and the game works well.

2021-04-01 20:54:52

Hi,

I'm trying to learn the game, and get an error when running the tutorial. It says map not found but I see a tutorial.txt file. Any suggestions?

2021-04-09 10:12:00

are you playing swamp all right? on second castaways server has bad pink.

2021-04-20 14:02:48 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2021-04-20 14:04:04)

Is there an alternative payment method that i can buy this again? i missed playing Swamp

2021-04-21 08:45:12

What kind of alternative payment method? You can always contract Aprone to ask for any kinds of payment methodes.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-04-21 13:31:05

Hey guys. I remember that there are lots of campaigns created by other players. Can someone please invite me to the dropbox link?

2021-04-21 17:43:06

I would like the same invitation. I like playing campaigns, or using different weapon sound effects, etc.

2021-06-11 15:21:50

swampers, i have finally came back to the game, and playing it daily. anyone know where on map2 i can find a glock17? also for any vets that has took a break from the  game for some time like myself, i highly recommend giving it a try, it has new maps and new features, that will have you hooked again

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2021-06-11 15:28:47

ah has m6 finally come out?

2021-06-11 19:53:03

no, only map5.....

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos