2021-03-06 14:21:25

Hi. First, before any one comes on that idea, no, my name is not Simter. But i found this video today and I wonder how such incidents just go by without a statement from the administrators. This is truely bad cuz we now have to be scared to say shit the mods don't like and are no longer allowed to defend banned people since it may be they just randomly say we are the people we defend them selves. Also we could possibly get these baned people in danger like it happened in this situation. I was not there when it all happened but since I saw the video i looked through both Andy_the_blindy's and Simter's posts. The similaritys are given but that is not a ban reason since apparently they are from the same country, and points 2 and 4 have been proven wrong by Simter, not sure about point 3. Why did nothing happen at that point? If any one wants to make their own picture, just klick this link, this thing needs to get more views.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi1y0Cj67G0
And pls write your opinion down here, and mods pls stay fair.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-06 17:37:50

You’re fooling no one here, kid.

2021-03-06 18:51:45

take care

2021-03-06 19:27:09

@2 and 3 didn't I say, stay fair? Seriusly guys, you are the people that make normal discussion impossible. I would be ashamed of my behaving.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-06 19:53:56

Folks, just don't feed it and it will go away. Easy as that.

2021-03-06 21:42:53 (edited by Ethin 2021-03-06 21:45:33)

All I'll say is... Wow, you really needed to post this on youtube didn't you? That's just sad. You definitely aren't gonna get any sympathy or support from them, trust me.
TBH I'm surprised the mods haven't banned your entire IP range by now but eh... I understand why.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-03-07 02:49:00 (edited by Timmi Whisky 2021-03-07 02:50:01)

ok ok ethan, i will now teach you why blocking IP adresses ranges is a totaly bad idea at this point. Take it as a lection if you ever maintain a forum yourself.

So what is considered an IP range is a specified range of IP adresses that an isp maintains. This can be done by ISPS like Telekom in germany, or AT&T in USA. In the moment where you block an IP range, you literarely block an ISP, or adleast a wide range of it, since the ISP doesn't use an IP range only once in it's live time, they would run out of IPs extremely fast. And these are not even necessarely location based. For an example i have seen IPs with ranges in my city, and in another city at the other side of germany they used same ranges, so you als not just block one town.
I hope that was clear. And again, stay fair. What you do here is try to  skirt arround a discussion since you know on what tin ice the mods are moving, and aspecially you as the users should care and not look away like you do right now.

edit: forgot to mention IPV6. There you indead have these router ranges. I am not even sure if this server works with IPV6 though.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-07 02:59:15

You did read last 4 words of his post right? Also, any assumption that you weren't the same person is gone since you wrote that last post. Seriously, you should already find some other activity to do instead of the same one over and over.

2021-03-07 03:14:45

I said don’t feed it.

2021-03-07 03:57:51

@8 don't get your post really. All i got out of it is you try to acuse me of beeing an alt. This is only for trying to stop constructive discussion, so i will just pretend i have overheard it.
@9 and I said stay fair. You did not so why should i do what you say when you don't do what I say either?

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-07 05:44:35

Constructive discussion? Cool joke of the day.

2021-03-07 06:50:53

Don't feed it? But if I don't feed it, it'll die. You don't really want me to let a cat starve to death do you? What's that? Leave it outside and hope it finds a new home? You monster! How dare you suggest that I abandon a cat!

2021-03-07 09:51:56

Okay, it's psychological analysis time. I'm here to ruin plausible deniability and to put an end to this farce once and for all.

Simter had a grudge against the staff team. This is evident via his post history, especially the latter third or so of it. Both the second user and you seem to share this bias without first having interacted with the staff team yourselves.
Red Flags: 1

Simter created drama (in this case, getting arguments started with no end goal, manufacturing outrage with no clear concept of what a resolution would look like). The user who came after him, the one we believe beyond reasonable doubt was also Simter, did likewise. Now, here you are, doing the same thing.
Red Flags: 2

Simter has a distinct way of creating his sentences, including what he punctuates, what sort of typos he makes, and how he attaches his thoughts together. The second user showed the same patterns. Surprise, surprise, so do you. When two people share this pattern, it might be a coincidence, but every repetition of this mode of speech exponentially increases the likelihood that we're dealing with the same person.
Red Flags: 3

Simter was well known for what I'm informally going to call a "persecution complex". People who did him harm were clearly wrong, obviously out to get him, and he represented himself as some sort of arbiter of truth, a soldier of righteousness who might change the world, if only he spoke loudly and repetitively enough. And so he did. And so did that second user. And so are you. You're really starting to ring the cherries here.
Red Flags: 4

As a fairly long-standing member of the forum, Simter knew things, and believed things. When that second user came along, he seemed to know most of what Simter knew, and seemed to believe most of what Simter claimed to believe. You are now showing precisely the same signs. The likelihood of you being a separate individual is dropping off the table.
Red Flags: 5

Usually, when folks come out of the woodwork to defend a friend, they look, behave and act somewhat differently, even if their main objective is the same. This is simply not the case here. There are two many points of similarity for this to be a fluke. If this was a court of law, subject to precise legal theory, you could probably skate...but only probably.

How many of Simter's "friends" are we going to see, bearing in mind that every one of them who pops up simply strengthens the pre-existing patterns of behaviour we're using to scout for illegal alts?

And, since you're here, Timmi Whisky, I'd like you to help me understand some things.

Can you tell me what the end goal is? Will you stop after three "friends" come to the forum with the primary purpose of starting fires? Or six? Or twenty? Where is the cutoff, and how does it advance whatever goals you may have?

Are you seeking to encourage everyone to leave the forum in protest for Simter's treatment? If so, you should realize that you have come to this forum with the express purpose of destroying it, and thus might fall prey to the community failure clause.

If your goal is to oust the current staff team, how do you intend to do this, given that you are a new user who wants us to believe that you are not, in fact, an alt of Simter? Do you believe that someone with twelve posts, who has been here less than two full weeks, has the authority to speak candidly about the state of this forum, especially when your opinion began in the manner that it did? If so, I ask you to qualify your answer.

If your goal is to force me, specifically, to resign, what is the rhetoric you'll use to get me to do so, and how much of it is borrowed from the Simter persecution playbook? In addition, did you know that a few other users over the last couple of years have attempted to do likewise? If so, what did Simter tell you about this, and what makes you think that you will be any more successful than anyone else has been?

And, if you have no goal, then why are you here? Why are you doing this in the first place?

Have you weighed the risks against the potential downfalls? Have you stopped to consider that Simter might well have been on the road to redeeming himself if you and the other "friend" had not intervened supposedly on his behalf?

I don't think you've thought this out. At all. Ever. Because this is an exercise that is 100% doomed to fail in its current condition. It failed when Simter tried it the first time. It failed when he made an alt and tried it the second time. And it's failing now that he's tried to make a third alt to re-sell his case and re-ignite his grievances.

One final tip for you:
When your first post in this thread literally starts with you stating that you're not Simter, you are clearly protecting or hiding something. Guilty conscience much? Believe me, please, when I say that this is not the way to convince us that you are to be trusted. If you are not Simter, then the best way for you to have done that would have been to establish yourself as a separate individual from him. Instead of doing that, you had to raise all those red flags high.

As a consequence, I will be taking this to the staff team. We will not act too hastily on this, but unless I have very badly misjudged the facts, this should be a relatively straightforward process to get a consensus.

In the meantime, ponder this:
Despite being 99.7% sure you are Simter, I'm not banning you on the spot, even though I probably could without anyone batting an eye. Everything that Simter has said thrice and more about the bias we demonstrate against him seems to run into problems all of a sudden. Where is the power-hungry staff team with an axe to grind? Where is the abuse of power? Where is the unfairness?
Reflect on that while you have the chance, if you would. And while you do it, please also bear in mind that ban evasion is against the rules, and will pretty much guarantee that you are never welcomed back on this forum if you do it often enough.

While we wait on staff consensus, I would appreciate it, Timmi Whisky, if you could address my concerns comprehensively. As to the rest of you, please don't turn this into another bonfire. We're on it, and one way or another, it's going to be dealt with.

Thanks for reading.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-03-07 11:43:49

i actualy think that this person is not simpter.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2021-03-07 12:45:48

Jayde, wow, that is a book. But still contains so muchb wrong info, how pitty.

I don't know or have the interest to research on his profile if simter had a, as you call it, grudge against the staff team. All I can say is that the only thing I did to get htis, grudge, is watching his video, and I wonder how such a thing can happen and then just fall under the table and no one cares. Also it worked, his video gets views now, and also maybe people are sharing it further, and that's good. I don't have any bias with yuo, I just think in this particular case Simters arguments sound better then Staffteams arguments.

The first red flag shows you don't know how a discussion works, and this is pur for a such important staff member. I can also say something without knowing a better way about it. Also discussion does not equal to drama, o dear. By the way, for that particular thing, there are like a lot off ways this could have been handled better.

I don't even know what to say about flag 2 since i have never seen simter type here. But thanks that you just destroyed one of jacks arguments, when we take simters video in account, then there is only one point for Andys ban levt. Great buddy.

flag 3, o my This is now cringe at it's best. "Simter was well known for what I'm informally going to call a "persecution complex"." First, that is nearly an insult. Second, that is not a thing to make jokes or what ever you tried to do with. Thirt, even I know that this is not true, when he starts a fight on his twitter page, he always has a lot of arguments and now just screams with bs like you do right now. And usually the other people abandon the fight when the argument buffer turns to empty. The only exception i have seen is carter who, seamingly, has no arguments at all, so never responds.

4 is the pur reason why I said i am not simter at the beggining, what is a thing you are so proud off you even mention it yourselff later. Just because I share Simters believes at that point i am not him. Wait, do I turn into jayde when I believe what Jayde is saying?
Moderation, jayde, you are banned permanent because I can wahahahahahhahahaha.

I don't understand what you tried to say in point 5, so just no.

And since you have asked me some questions, let's be a nice drunk and answer these.
The end goal is to get a reaction out off you r lazy asses. I don't like that way off talking, but you provoked me so let's do. Simter, in this video I don't know about the rest, has professionally destroyed you. And I as a user care about that, since after all I am also at your guys mercy, what if you try to find some weird reason to get me out as well? O wait, you just did.

The second question is such mindless as the 5th point and I don't even know what you want to know so wont answer it.

I don't know what you mean by cutoff, but my goals should be clear after this post.

No, that was not what I came for, I kind off like this place. Also that is a strange way off combining, but who knows maybe you throw that at any ones face who sais something against you, as you would call it, pattern.

The rest of the questions are mostly just bullshit, so wont answer those. Simter, if you read this, that is for a separate video, enjoy the pain. I will leave you with that, and again ask you to stay fair in your answers. But when not even the admin manages this properly, then where are we soposed to end up anyhow.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-07 13:42:32

Red Flag 6: Calling something nearly an insult that is clearly not an insult.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-03-07 14:22:14

@16 Yes it is, and not only that. It is also disrespectful against the people that really have that illness.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-03-07 20:30:27

Moderation.
When taken into account all the evidence presented in post 13, plus the video presentation with clear intentions of lampooning the moderation post for Andy_The_Blindy, I see no reason to question the judgements brought forth. Simter is being banned again, to join Simter and Simter.
May this serve as another reminder to the fact that making an alt will never end well, especially if you give us plenty of reasons to believe that you are really the person who you claim to not be.

2021-03-08 00:57:25

I'd say the like to dislike ratio on that video is, quite unfortunate... It does speak volumes though

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2021-03-08 02:18:45 (edited by Ethin 2021-03-08 02:19:55)

All I'll say was that post 7 was pathetic. Hmmm... Banning his entire IP range sounds like a really good idea about now. Especially since I have the strong suspicion its a VPN/proxy/VPS address -- there's no other way he could be skirting the ban.
I'm seriously wondering if we have to take the unprecedented action of banning as many VPNs/proxies/VPS providers as possible to prevent this kind of thing. Talk about something no other forum has ever done... And ever should have to do...
I'm no admin/mod but this ban evasion situation is utterly ridiculous. People seriously need to grow up and stop evading bans. If your banned, your clearly not wanted. End of story.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-03-08 04:03:10

@Ethin: It looks like at least part of that ip range belongs to vodafone. That could also be the vpn using Vodafone as a provider, given the fact there are plenty of fly by night vpn's that present themselves as big companies but are in reality just a couple guys rolling openVPN on a few crappy yet resellable vps installations, relaying it and reeling in easy cash from gullible people who will do illegal things. Then depending on the nation they're in, some legal body is going to bring that vpn company under fire for some unrelated offense, and that vpn owner is going to have no problem breaking the so-called no logs policy and sell all the data they have, given the fact that the discounted lifetime subscriptions wouldn't pay for the lawyer's coffee let alone get them off the hook.
The only infrastructure I trust to be running a reliable vpn at this point, funnily enough, is Cloudflare, because they, unlike any of these folks running servers in the Virgin Islands, actually have the infrastructure to pull it off, and can actually afford it. They also have Wireguard under their wing which gives them a huge advantage, given that protocol makes using a vpn actually tolerable (I am a Warp Plus subscriber). However, they make very clear that their vpn is not, nor will it ever be, designed to disguise your ip address. It is specifically for transit security, i.e. what a vpn was truly designed for for internal applications.

2021-03-08 04:05:41 (edited by ignatriay 2021-03-08 04:11:52)

@20 while I kinda, agree with your statement, banning most or all vpns or connections, would screw a lot of people over. I mean, people who don't do anything bad in the forum would get caught up in a ip ban, not just people who want to evade bans. Really the only solution to this is as long as alts keep popping up banning them. Banning a ip address or several ip addresses as a whole though? Innocent people would get caught up in the crossfire, figuratively speaking. Plus, that goes without saying that hypothetically speaking, if the method your suggesting where to be applied, people can still use other vpns, or just switch to another vpn or ip  that isn't ban anyway and bypass this measure.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2021-03-08 04:34:46

@22, I know it would catch innocents, which is why I wrote in post 6 that I understood why it won't ever be emplaced. Of course, then Simpter tried to treat me like I was dumb (which I just found hilarious since I'm a CCNA).
@21, I just might become a warp plus subscriber myself, though I'd also say a VPN is designed to hide your IP address -- that's one of its external functions. And they're useful to get around tyrannical governments and such. So I'd say that the way CF employs the technology and the way that, say, OpenVPN or StrongSwan employs it are both within the scope of a VPN. Its highly irregular, I think, to use them to evade perfectly reasonable bans, though.

My Github

2021-03-08 07:02:53

Precisely. Plus, it doesn't take much looking to find out that banning an entire ip range would prove more harm than good, given the fact that even vpn's don't get the range all to themselves. Hell, no one gets a damn node to themselves under IPV4 as there just aren't enough to go around. IPV6? That's another story altogether.
That's why you'll see people who correct a lot of snakeoil from the big companies cashing in on the vpn scene very wisely point out that Nord blasting your ip in your face is not as scary as they're making it seem, seeing as your ip is more or less a city node in most cases, and isn't an entirely accurate representation of your true location. It's to the point where IP's are bottom of the barrel in marketing data collection, given that there are much more precise ways to farm location data (GPS, cell tower connection points, etc.) and intense browser fingerprinting and profiling in Chrome's case.
Needless to say post 7 acting like a know-it-all is not only completely unfounded, but an absolutely predictable Simterism.

2021-03-08 08:01:30

@24, it wasn't just a Simpterism (I love that word BTW) but it was absolutely hilarious too.

My Github