2021-02-23 03:27:59

Hi
I need a password mannager, I know that last pass is free, so is it accessible? I want the IOS app to be accessible. I DK if they have a desktop version, but same goes for that one.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-02-23 05:33:23

The IOS version is great, but the Browser addons are pretty crap and so is the website.
Plus, starting this March they will be making it so you can only use the free version on either mobile or desktop, but not both.
Accessibility wise, I've been hearing good things about 1password and Bitwarden, though the Bitwarden IOS app is apparently not very good ATM and autofill still doesn't work much of the time.
A couple of other promising looking managers would be Keeper and Sticky Password, but I have no idea about their accessibility.

2021-02-23 06:52:54

Just go for Bitwarden.

2021-02-23 11:12:30

I use LastPass, and it works great, both on Android, and in Chrome. How long since you used it, @2?

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-02-23 11:37:43

I just really want something that has accessible auto-fill across the board, iOS, Android, Windows, ETC.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-23 13:46:35

@5
Then LastPass definitely fills the bill. I've used all of those platforms with it, albeit I've not used iOS for a couple of years. Others have said it works though, so you should be good.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-02-23 13:55:52

@chrisnorman7, Wait, LastPass has accessible autofill in Windows browsers? I've literally never seen that been done accessibly before!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-23 15:34:59

@7
Sure. In Chrome at least, you just open the context menu. There's a LastPass context menu. It's got any accounts for the current site, with entries to fill, copy username, copy password, and edit.

HTH.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-02-23 16:47:21

Hmm, thanks for the hint, will check last pass, I thought of using 1 password because it seams to be the go to application for most, but I will give last pass a go.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-24 06:58:41

Lastpass is accessible, but bitwarden has a nicer interface on the web and in the extentions IMPO.

2021-03-01 18:59:01

I switched from lastpass to bitwarden  and I find the second one much better, lastpass really is dying, sadly.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2021-03-02 17:39:49

I've been using Last pass for the better part of a year now across all my devices, and the complaints I do have are very few and far between.
If you're wanting a place to freely keep and autofill passwords without much thought, you want Last pass. They check every box from features to security, and were designed to get every-day computer users into the habit of relying on password generators, with extras like notifications when data in your vault is located in data breaches.
While I can't bring myself to make excuses for companies whose one and only job is storing sensitive data waking up to a pwned server, I have mad respect for the way they owned up to it, immediately notified their customers and completely overhauled their infrastructure before finding out that no user-facing data was actually leaked. All the attacker managed to grab was encrypted blobs that aren't going to do much good, a considerable feat in and of itself when you consider their routine security audits. I'd happily go for we've gotten hacked but it didn't matter any day of the week.

Defender is right, and this is why I'd advise against switching right now if you don't intend on making the commitment to premium.

lastpass wrote:

Changes to LastPass Free + 25% off the plan of your choice

We’re sending you this reminder that beginning March 16, 2021, LastPass Free will include access on one type of device only: either computers (including all desktops and laptops) or mobile devices (including all mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets).

To continue using LastPass across all device types, you can upgrade to Premium or Families at a limited-time discounted rate of 25% off.
Choose your discounted plan

Upgrade to Premium for $2.25 /month ?
Enjoy unlimited access on all device types, advanced security features, and Personal Support for just $2.25 per month, billed annually ($36 $27 USD /year + tax).

Upgrade to Premium Families for $3 /month ?
Enjoy all the benefits of Premium for you and up to 5 of your closest friends or family members. That's 6 Premium licenses for just $3 per month, billed annually ($48 $36 USD /year + tax).

In short they went from a free plan that did everything to almost requiring premium. I can't blame them, it's definitely affordable enough. When signing up last summer I literally went digging for reasons to upgrade and couldn't find anything worthwhile, and would wager that a significant chunk of their users did the same to the point that it's not all that profitable otherwise.

Bitwarden has always been a very close competitor, so I'm giving that a spin for a couple days until I decide whether I want to pay. Thankfully the migration process was straightforward enough.
Initial impressions? Lastpass is definitely more user friendly, and you can tell Bitwarden was designed for those who have a grip on what they're doing so I definitely wouldn't purchase a business membership.
Bitwarden is open-source and approved by the community, which is always a plus.

I like how Last pass is able to intelligently determine when you're entering new account info and ask if it should be saved without manual intervention. Last pass also has more features, granted you'll probably rarely find yourself ever using them but hey, they exist if you do.

Only time will tell what I end up choosing, both work and are good in their own right.