2021-02-26 06:05:11

JasonBlaze wrote:

I see, so there will be no characters whipe right? I would like to create a new account, just to make sure that my progress will not lost later.

Yes, correct, there's not going to be any wipe of players who signed up.

2021-02-27 11:49:21 (edited by LivingForGod1991 2021-02-27 12:24:47)

This game seems really cool. I wanted to try it out so just created my character. I assume guides mentioned at the beginning no longer exist since I couldn't get to wayfar1444.com. Can anyone give me any tips for starting out? Right now I'm trying to find a herbivore to hunt for one of the jobs but not having much luck. I keep using scan to look around me but all I see are people, like tourists, civilians, guards, and others.

2021-02-27 15:51:02

I got one or two questions:
I just finished my background job and killed 100 animals. Ya ya, thats great.
Is this the point where i have to reroll? Or can i do something important before rerolling?

2021-02-27 16:57:09

Just reroll, if you want.

2021-02-27 17:34:19

So I've hit on away to make bank. Now...what ships can I buy that come with warp?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-02-28 00:04:36

Is there a way to turn off all the ascii art?

2021-02-28 00:41:15

Hektor wrote:

Is there a way to turn off all the ascii art?

Yes.

@prefs ansi is off
@prefs showmap is off
@prefs meters is off
@prefs blindcockpit is on

2021-02-28 02:02:57

A note about blindcockpits, turn it off if you want to see your ship's current fuel level when inside it.

2021-02-28 02:26:32

Can somebody remind me how to  research skills. Whenever I try and learn self defense training  its saying not a valid skill . Even though it is

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2021-02-28 04:25:13

learn self defense

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-28 11:43:23

hey what's the joining addresses please?

2021-02-28 13:56:09

Addres for Wayfar is...

wayfar1444.com port 7777

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-02-28 14:34:38

thanks for that.

2021-03-03 05:55:18

I'm really glad to see wayfar back on.
This brings good memories...
Best regards

2021-03-03 11:22:29

yeah i love it. however i wish the biome checker was still around there used to be something that told you what resources you could find where.

2021-03-03 16:23:01

I believe it still is. The command is "nearby."

2021-03-04 00:29:44

no i mean there was a web page that you could lookup that tells you what resources you could expect to find on each biome. so if you wanted a particular resource you'd have to go find a specific biome type and keep surveying until you found what you wanted.

2021-03-04 07:26:55

You can config your harvest-tool to single resource types and there is also a skillbased survey command which shows you what resources can be fund in a room.

2021-03-05 13:08:51

hey there all.

could someone please explain to me how mailnet works? i can't seem to get it to do what i want it to do. i for now want to be able to read stuff like the latest changelogs to see what's going on and maybe to send some individual messages of my own and to reply to some. i've read the help entries on the mail system but tbh i do find them somewhat confusing.

2021-03-05 17:05:31

Hi on what forum i can find host and port to wayfar? Stupid google not hate it! stupid google not show me this mud. i curse this stupid google.

2021-03-05 17:38:56

You're not mature enough to play.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-07 02:30:10

darren wrote:

hey there all.

could someone please explain to me how mailnet works? i can't seem to get it to do what i want it to do. i for now want to be able to read stuff like the latest changelogs to see what's going on and maybe to send some individual messages of my own and to reply to some. i've read the help entries on the mail system but tbh i do find them somewhat confusing.

Mailnet just shows the latest posts, then you need to use the mail commands to read the messages.  HELP MAIL will show you the commands.

2021-03-08 03:43:22 (edited by LordLundin 2021-03-08 03:57:23)

Well I'm not coming back on there anymore. The game seems to have devolved into admin powertripping, which seems to have been a drastic change compared to how it was previously handled. It was fun while it lasted.
Expect to be banned for unwritten rules. I hope you folks can read minds to understand what the admin finds acceptable or not.
To understand the game's social environment, imagine hell migrating with a lot of shit posting, cursing and general rudeness in a light hearted fassion.
So we were discussing rules after another player made a highly disturbing comment about butchering dogs that pissed a lot of people off, and the admin said he would ban anyone for a similar offense if it happened again. Now I would be all in favor of this if it was clear cut, and there were rules in place, but the admin seemed to favor the mind reader method. Also a bit of fun here, look at this after someone asked to ban racial slurs, which are not heavily used btw.
Hawgpadre: im not going to enforce racial slurs
Lundin: fucking chinks
After that I got temporarily suspended. Also my statements wer only intended in a joking fassion, which if you have been hanging out on chatnet late at night you should see would fit right in.
Edit:
I should also add that I was summoned away from my ship so that the admin could troll. Now normally this would not be an issue in the slightest, however the admin also killed me and then told me to deal with it. He also repeatedly refered to me as an idiot. Once is fine, and in general alignment with the general social atmosphere, however when it's done repeatedly, it feels like the admin has it out for you.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-03-08 04:25:43

LordLundin wrote:

Well I'm not coming back on there anymore. The game seems to have devolved into admin powertripping, which seems to have been a drastic change compared to how it was previously handled. It was fun while it lasted.
Expect to be banned for unwritten rules. I hope you folks can read minds to understand what the admin finds acceptable or not.
To understand the game's social environment, imagine hell migrating with a lot of shit posting, cursing and general rudeness in a light hearted fassion.
So we were discussing rules after another player made a highly disturbing comment about butchering dogs that pissed a lot of people off, and the admin said he would ban anyone for a similar offense if it happened again. Now I would be all in favor of this if it was clear cut, and there were rules in place, but the admin seemed to favor the mind reader method. Also a bit of fun here, look at this after someone asked to ban racial slurs, which are not heavily used btw.
Hawgpadre: im not going to enforce racial slurs
After that I got temporarily suspended. Also my statements wer only intended in a joking fassion, which if you have been hanging out on chatnet late at night you should see would fit right in.
Edit:
I should also add that I was summoned away from my ship so that the admin could troll. Now normally this would not be an issue in the slightest, however the admin also killed me and then told me to deal with it. He also repeatedly refered to me as an idiot. Once is fine, and in general alignment with the general social atmosphere, however when it's done repeatedly, it feels like the admin has it out for you.

You do you, bro.  As long as I'm admin on Wayfar I'll ban people as I see fit.  I wish you luck on some other game.

2021-03-08 04:26:58

I will not be back on as well. There's no logic as to the way things are run. I'm deeply hurt by this, but I'll move on. I would appreciate my character being deleted, but failing that, it'll never be used again.

End racism
End division
Become united