2021-02-20 03:57:52 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-20 03:59:39)

It's not so bad. I was just wondering if anyone had figured out tricks to it. The good thing is that kaiju will always make their way towards the terminal, so if you don't move from your starting position, all you have to do is wait. I use times like those to fortify my defenses and charge EP. Destruction is still my favourite part of the game, even with this.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-02-22 20:07:29

Hi Assault_freak.
I use the following strategies:
1. Move the cursor in coordinates like it's described in the guide.
2. If that won't work, you can try with a different weapon, which might give you a longer range.
3. If that won't work either, you can, depending on where the other sentinels are placed, choose an other sentinel by using the left or right arrow keys for that turn.
4. If that fails as well, then I usually choose "Defend," and then the enemy will come to the sentinel at some point. But the sentinel will properly be damaged.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-02-22 21:04:17

Ok. Basically the same strategy I already use then. lol The one thing I didn't know was that the target screen was 15 by 15. How didyou figure that out? With sighted assistance I assume.

2021-02-23 09:53:45

No. I figured that out on my own, which I'll atmid took extremely long time.
I pushed the stick upwards for like 30 seconds to make sure I was at the top, and then I started to count the presses until I heard a target click. Then I did the same with the bottom part of the target screen, and afterwards the left and right sides. The cursor moves slowly which is kind of difficult to describe. But because of the slow movement, you might miss the target.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2021-02-23 16:30:35

Hmm. Ok. It might help to get someone sighted from break down walls to verify if it's actually 15 by 15 or not, just to make sure.

2021-02-23 17:25:24

Yeah you're right. I'll ask someone from the community if they can check up on that.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-02-25 02:39:59

Anyone got an idea of how the sentinel customization menu works? When I select a slipp to equip, I press x and it jumps me to the 4th tab to select a slot. Pressing x on the slot I select brings me back to the skills list. But how do you then unequip skills? Pressing square on the slot doesn't always seem to work, but occasionally does. Also, when selecting the option to enhance a particular weapon, does the cursor default to no? This menu doesn't wrap, so I'm only assuming, because OCR doesn't give any clues. I notice pressing x on a skill slot seems to do something, but don't know what it is. Tips? Thanks!

2021-02-25 03:24:07

I actually asked these questions on the 13 Sentinels subreddit a while back. Here is what i was told…

Team Organization Menu: This lists out each of the pilots and selecting one will play a voice line from them. When you enter this screen you will begin on the deploy button so be careful not to click that. Also if you click triangle and enter the pilot's customization menu, you have the option of clicking R1/L1 to advance to the next/previous pilot's customization menu. However, this will not play a voice line. I will now go over what you can navigate through on the skill menu.
Pilot's Customization Menu: There are three tabs that can be accessed in the pilot's skill menu and you will be at the tab you left off of. This will typically be at the Arms Customization tab (the most important one if you want to equip skills). To navigate through different tabs you simply click left on the D-Pad (these tabs don't loop if you keep hitting left). The tabs from left to right are labeled, Pilot Information, Sentinel Upgrade, and Arms Customization. You might notice there are four sound queues as you navigate the tabs but that is because this final tab is the inner tab of the Arms Customization menu for your equipped skills.
Pilot Information: On this tab this is where you can turn on your passive skills and there is no limit on how many you can have on surprisingly. So just turn them all on. You will know if it is on if you press it and hear a high pitch sound. Turning it off plays a lower pitch. Some of these skills work in really specific scenarios, so nothing really to get bogged over. I cannot for the life of me remember if there are equipped by default when you unlock them but you get them for each pilot every five of their levels.
Sentinel Upgrade: This tab lets you spend your meta chips to directly increase your stats. I honestly didn't utilize this at all in my playthrough and if I remember correctly you might not have it unlocked at first. I can describe this some more if you want.
Arms Customization: The final tab. Each of these tabs are navigated vertically just like the previous ones, and the farthest right tab is your equipped skills. If you hold the down button on the d-pad you won't keep looping through the skills, so that is a good way to know which skill you are on (however if you hit the down button again or in separate successions then you will loop through your skills. Clicking X on any of your skills will move you to the right tab to allow you to choose which open spot to put it in or which skill you want to replace it with. You can unequip a skill by pressing square in the equipped skill tab. If you unequip each of your skills (which surprisingly you can) then it would probably be quicker to know which skills you plan to use. If you have not unlocked a skill yet then pressing X would ask you to confirm if you would like to spend the meta-chips to unlock it (yes is on the left and no is on the right). Pressing Triangle on an unlocked skill will allow you to enhance it (this will also ask you to confirm it just like unlocking a skill).
I hope this helps!!

2021-02-25 03:24:54

I was also given a list of upgrades for each sentinel, if that would be of use. Note that some of them are the same depending on sentinel type.

2021-02-25 04:30:38

Apparently, all sentinels share the same upgrade stats. It's just up to you to pick which ones to upgrade... that was some helpful information. Thanks. Most I already knew or at least guessed from OCR, but it was helpful to have it all confirmed. Thanks!

2021-02-25 09:27:19

Hi.
@zkline: Thanks a lot for all this great information.
Sounds pretty difficult for me, but it might be easier than it sounds like.
Personally, I won't mess much around with that, unless I really have to.
Do you want me to add this information to the guide, without having tried it on my own? I'll of course give you all the credit for the information.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-02-25 22:29:40

Hi SLJ,

If you'd like to add the info to the guide, please feel free.

HEre is the upgrades list I was given.

Nenji Ogata's First Generation Sentinels Skills:
Rush Attack - A fierce double-fisted barrage. Attacks ground kaiju several times
Leap Attack - Jumps toward target area and impacts ground kaiju with a shockwave
Demolisher Blade - Arm mounted excavator that slices through ground kaiju in front. Heavy damage. Ignores armor.
Anti-Air Defensive Flairs - Spreads numerous flares in the air, obstructing aerial kaiju and missiles.
Tackle - Charges towards target area, knocking away ground kaiju in the Sentinel's path
EMP Attractor - An electromagnetic pulse shot halts movement, drops aerial kaiju, and distracts kaiju.
Defense Mode - Shifts into Defense Mode. Move speed drops to 1/3 but durability quadruples.
Limiter Removal - Removes Sentinel limiter. Durability drops to 1/3, but Attack and Speed doubles.
Anti-Ground Multi-Lock Missiles - Unleashes a random barrage of missiles toward ground kaiju within target area.
Hyper Condenser - A modified condenser extends the Demolisher Blade's range and number of attacks.
Takatoshi Hijiyama's First Generation Sentinels Skills:
Rush Attack - A fierce double-fisted barrage. Attacks ground kaiju several times
Leap Attack - Jumps toward target area and impacts ground kaiju with a shockwave
Tackle - Charges towards target area, knocking away ground kaiju in the Sentinel's path
Demolisher Blade - Arm mounted excavator that slices through ground kaiju in front. Heavy damage. Ignores armor.
Anti-Air Defensive Flairs - Spreads numerous flares in the air, obstructing aerial kaiju and missiles.
EMP Attractor - An electromagnetic pulse shot halts movement, drops aerial kaiju, and distracts kaiju.
EMP Surrounding - A Sentinel-localized electromagnetic field halts movement, drops aerial kaiju, and distracts kaiju
Limiter Removal - Removes Sentinel limiter. Durability drops to 1/3, but Attack and Speed doubles.
Counter - When attacked, immediately counterattacks all ground kaiju near the Sentinel
Composite Ceramic Armor - Immune to attacks dealing 500 damage or less, due to special composite armor.
Ei Sekigahara's First Generation Sentinels Skills:
EMP Surrounding - A Sentinel-localized electromagnetic field halts movement, drops aerial kaiju, and distracts kaiju
Forced Cooling Device - WT (wait time) recovery speed increases by 30% due to a powerful cooling device.
Anti-Ground Multi-Lock Missiles - Unleashes a random barrage of missiles toward ground kaiju within target area.
Juro Kurabe's Second Generation Sentinels Skills:
Heavy Knuckles - Attacks a ground kaiju 2 times with the Sentinel's giant fists.
Arm-Mounted Machine Cannons - Attacks kaiju within target area in front of the Sentinel with machine cannons
Multi Rocket Launchers - Fires multiple rockets into target area.
Sentry Gun - Places a small railgun at target area. Autofires on kaiju.
Guardian - Places a Guardian at target area. Acts as a decoy, distracting kaiju.
Jammer Rocket Launchers - Fires rocket into target area. Decreases move speed by 25% and durability.
Anti-Ground Piercing Rocket Launchers - Fires piercing rockets at ground kaiju within target area.
Guardian Avenger - Places a Guardian at target area. Acts as decoy, and violently explodes when destroyed.
Plasma Arc Fusion Cutter - Welding tool deals heavy damage to a ground kaiju. Ignores armor and slows movement
Iori Fuyusaka's Second Generation Sentinels Skills:
Arm-Mounted Machine Cannons - Attacks kaiju within target area in front of the Sentinel with machine cannons
Heavy Knuckles - Attacks a ground kaiju 2 times with the Sentinel's giant fists.
Guardian - Places a Guardian at target area. Acts as a decoy, distracting kaiju.
Repair Emitter - Places an emitter at target area. Recovers HP of nearby allies, up to a maximum of 40% HP
Shield Emitter - Places an emitter at target area. Shields nearby allies.
Jammer Rocket Launchers - Fires rocket into target area. Decreases move speed by 25% and durability.
Plasma Arc Fusion Cutter - Welding tool deals heavy damage to a ground kaiju. Ignores armor and slows movement
Ryoko Shinonome's Second Generation Sentinels Skills:
Shield Emitter - Places an emitter at target area. Shields nearby allies.
Anti-Ground Piercing Rocket Launchers - Fires piercing rockets at ground kaiju within target area.
Guardian Avenger - Places a Guardian at target area. Acts as decoy, and violently explodes when destroyed.
Hyper Condenser - A modified condenser allows for 2 Sentry Guns placed. [Costs 150 EP more.]
Natsuno Minami's Third Generation Sentinels Skills:
6 Multi-Launching Rapid Cannons - Attacks kaiju within target area in front of the Sentinel with heavy-caliber rounds
Main Battery Heavy Railgun - Fires a large round directly forward at high speed, through electromagnetic induction
EMP Stunner - A Sentinel-localized electromagnetic field halts movement and drops aerial kaiju.
Long-Range Missiles - Attacks kaiju within target area with long-range missiles.
Stun Knuckles - Attacks ground kaiju with fist-mounted electromagnetic battering rams, halting their movement.
Anti-Air Bombardment - Attacks aerial kaiju within target area in front of the sentinel with anti-air bombardment
Homing Missile - Fires a highly potent homing missile at a target kaiju
Forced Cooling Device - WT recovery speed increases by 30% due to a powerful cooling device.
Anti-Ground Hunter Missile - Fires a highly potent long-ranged missiles. Hits ground kaiju, ignoring armor.
Missile Rain - Rains down countless missiles in a wide area in front of the Sentinel.
Keitaro Miura's Third Generation Sentinels Skills:
6 Multi-Launching Rapid Cannons - Attacks kaiju within target area in front of the Sentinel with heavy-caliber rounds
Main Battery Heavy Railgun - Fires a large round directly forward at high speed, through electromagnetic induction
Long-Range Missiles - Attacks kaiju within target area with long-range missiles.
Stun Knuckles - Attacks ground kaiju with fist-mounted electromagnetic battering rams, halting their movement.
Anti-Air Bombardment - Attacks aerial kaiju within target area in front of the sentinel with anti-air bombardment
EMP Stunner - A Sentinel-localized electromagnetic field halts movement and drops aerial kaiju.
Main Battery Mega Railgun - Fires a large round directly forward at high speed, through focused electromagnetic induction.
Anti-Ground Hunter Missile - Fires a highly potent long-ranged missiles. Hits ground kaiju, ignoring armor.
Missile Rain - Rains down countless missiles in a wide area in front of the Sentinel.
Super large Missile - Fires off a powerful missile at a long distance. Can decimate a wide area.
Tomi Kisaragi's Third Generation Sentinels Skills:
Homing Missile - Fires a highly potent homing missile at a target kaiju
Hyper Condenser - A modified condenser allows for 2 consecutive railgun shots. [Costs 100 EP more.]
Super large Missile - Fires off a powerful missile at a long distance. Can decimate a wide area.

Megumi Yakushigi's Fourth Generation Sentinels Skills:
Arm-Mounted Pulse Lasers - Fires laser beams at kaiju within target area in front of Sentinel. Ignores armor.
Shield Matrix - Places shields on allies within target area, nullifying attacks from kaiju.
Flare Torpedo - Deploys a mine target area. Upon detecting kaiju, it explodes, overheating them.
Multi-Lock Missiles - Fires a random barrage of missiles at kaiju within target area, slowing their movement.
Forced Cooling Device - WT recover speed increases by 30% due to a powerful cooling device
Shield Repair - Places a shield and recovers 30% HP of an ally
Gravity Missiles - Fires missiles into target area. Gravitic forces pull kaiju towards the impact zone.
Hyper Condenser - A modified condenser allows for 4 more Interceptor units. [Costs 150 EP more.]
Interceptors - Releases a swarm of drones that autofire on kaiju. Ignores armor.
Yuki Takamiya's Fourth Generation Sentinels Skills:
Arm-Mounted Pulse Lasers - Fires laser beams at kaiju within target area in front of Sentinel. Ignores armor.
Multi-Lock Missiles - Fires a random barrage of missiles at kaiju within target area, slowing their movement.
Leg Spike - Pierces kaiju with a leg spike and unleashes an electrical surge; overheating them.
Arm Mounted Convergent Lasers - Fires convergent laser beams directly forward from Sentinel. Ignores armor.
Shield Matrix - Places shields on allies within target area, nullifying attacks from kaiju.
Flare Torpedo - Deploys a mine target area. Upon detecting kaiju, it explodes, overheating them.
Counter - When attacked, immediately counterattacks all kaiju near the Sentinel.
Composite Ceramic Armor - Immune to attacks dealing 500 damage or less, due to special composite armor.
Interceptors - Releases a swarm of drones that autofire on kaiju. Ignores armor.
Renya Gouto's Fourth Generation Sentinels Skills:
Arm Mounted Convergent Lasers - Fires convergent laser beams directly forward from Sentinel. Ignores armor.
Leg Spike - Pierces kaiju with a leg spike and unleashes an electrical surge; overheating them.
Gravity Missiles - Fires missiles into target area. Gravitic forces pull kaiju towards the impact zone.
Hyper Condenser - A modified condenser allows for 4 more Interceptor units. [Costs 150 EP more.]
Shu Amiguchi's Fourth Generation Sentinels Skills:
Floating Mine - Sentinel moves to target area and deploys kaiju-sensitive mines. Overheats kaiju on detonation.
Shield Repair - Places a shield and recovers 30% HP of an ally

2021-02-25 22:56:35 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-25 22:59:35)

@zkline. Might be good to clarify terminology for a second... those are called arms or skills right? Not upgrades? Because the upgrade menu is the second tab from the left with the armour, generator, actuator, and a couple I'm forgetting. That one only becomes available after clearing ashitaba city. Thanks for the list of skills though. That's super helpful.
Also @slj, this does get easier once you get used to it. It's not strictly necessary to do this, especially on normal difficulty, but it adds more to the game and allows more team combinations when playing that would otherwise not work.

2021-02-25 23:14:18

Yeah. I guess we can call them active skills, to distinguish from the passive ones you unlock as you gain levels. I'm not sure if there's any more official terminology.

2021-02-25 23:34:21

Thanks a lot. I'll keep it in mind for the next update.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-02-26 02:51:41

@zkline. The Japanese text and voice dialogue refers to them as arms. So does the English, since the tab is called arms customization, and when you unlock one it asks if you want to unlock one of the armorments. I think that's a good way to distinguish the two. The game only refers to the abilities you gain every five levels, the passive ones, as skills. smile

2021-02-26 03:19:29

Arms it is, then. smile

2021-02-26 05:10:09

Definitely getting further this playthrough than my first one wen the game came out. Loving all the characters, even thoughI'm not usually a fan of non linear games like this. Hope there's an easier way to piece the story together. I find myself having to take mental notes... lol. And Yuki Takamiya is a badass. I love the detective style story she has. My favourite by far.

2021-02-28 12:02:28 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-28 12:02:55)

This is a question of curiocity. What are people doing to make the branching and non linear story more digestable and easy to follow, if anything? I'm taking notes every time I complete a branch for a character and trying to piece them together with what happens along with my own notes on how they intersect with other characters. Anyone else doing something else that's hopefully not as unnecessary as mine? lol Or are people just playing the stories through and trying to hold onto what you can? Non linear stories like this have always been a bit of a challenge for me.

2021-02-28 14:22:31

Hi.
I just go to the next unlocked story and play them randomly.

Best regards SLJ.

2021-02-28 17:37:31

I've occasionally gone into analysis mode and checked the order of events in the timeline, which is helpful. You can sort them by character or just see everything, which is nice.

2021-02-28 17:42:38

WHat is great about 13 sentinels is you can jump from one character to another and everything is just interesting a LOT so I am not feeling I need to thing that hard to make every piece of the story play together in my head. It is just that natural feeling like everything is automaticallycomposing together.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-03-01 23:16:37

Just a quick contribution... here is the list of the stories in remembrence in order, once they've all been unlocked. If you are not playing with OCR, each character's story path has aunique piece of ambient sound.

Juro Kurabe
Iyori Fuyusaka
Megumi Yakushiji
Ei Sekigahara
Renya Gouto
Natsuno Minami
Keitaro Miura
Takatoshi Hijiyama
Nenji Ogata
Tomi Kisaragi
Shu Amiguchi
YukiTakamiya
RyokoShinonome

I'm also loving the ability to switch languages on the fly and reviewtext... helps me understand moreofthe crazyterminology ithis game that's testing my Japanese skills to their limits.

2021-03-03 01:34:11

Hey guys!

I have a questions. Is it possible to play without using OCR or am I have to? Also what OCR it's better NVDA or Jaws?

Thanks!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-03-03 01:57:30

OCR is not a must, but definitely makes the game more enjoyable to play. OCR for windows 10 is used with NVDA, don't use JAWS' OCR.