2021-02-23 19:02:17

My thing is it's frustrating how he can have like 7/10 of the way to a good product, like truly a good product, but his own ego and shortsightedness stop him. That's why I bash at him rather than his products, because he's the common denominator. I don't think his ideas are trash. I think they could be very good. That skateboarder thing actually has my interest, but the thing is, if he's not even willing to do basic basic... and I do mean basic testing before shipping it out the door, what's that going to do for his rep?

That's why I'm coming at this from the angle I am, because the products have the potential to be good, it's just that he's not doing what he needs to get things there. ROTU had massive lag and was unplayable. What it did have though was interesting sound design and a cool arc for how we got to where we are now. Bloodstorm was a cool concept, but he shat all over it by introducing things that only served to make the game lag even more. He wrote airpuck having barely if any knowledge of physics, so it was unplayable. I don't know anything a bout this golden crayon thing but... we'll see.

Yeah I guess at the end of the day, he's gonna do what he does. But like, for the life of me, I can't figure out why he won't sit down and learn networking code. Like, the boy ain't stupid. He got this far, and he wouldn't have if it were. Just sit down, figure it out, ask questions if needed, etc. And if networking is too much, then just don't even mess with it, just go offline. But he's got to do testing, because the error in skateboarder pro shows up if you jump too many times without a pothole around. It's silly to me that he put this thing out without ever finding that.

To test, you need to break your shit on purpose, you need to think like someone who wants to make it crash. Testing and debugging is part of development, as much as doing the code and sound design. You can't have a finished product without all of these things being done.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-23 19:07:12

I don't disagree, @26.
So far, from being a beta tester of Golden Crayon, I think this is going to be different than the rest though.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-02-24 02:49:32

I get that were bashing him and all that but. i mean this airer has bin out for days, i told him, he said yeah i no. and i don't even no how his beta team didn't even notice, mabey they were useing a diffrent version or something.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-24 02:58:14

Pretty sure he didn't have a beta team for this one.
If he did, I wasn't part of it and don't even know if it existed.

-----

2021-02-24 04:45:13

Oh, well i would think he would play it before releasing it or something.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-24 06:29:16

Nah, that'd have made too much sense.

-----

2021-02-24 11:41:26 (edited by JLove 2021-02-24 11:45:31)

Here's the thing.  Bitching about someone as a person is wrong.  Character assassination simply for its own sake is wrong.  Bitching because a developer released a product without properly tracking down bugs and testing it so that upon release it has bugs that any amateur could track down, bugs that prevent use of the product at all,  is valid.  If this is occurring right at game launch, that would suggest that this wasn't tested at all, since launching the product would have given him the same traceback.  Being displeased about that is entirely valid.  Being displeased at the overall lackadaisical standard of so many developers in this community is valid.  I wish people would take pride in their work.  If they did, they wouldn't be releasing things without properly testing them.  Expecting a modicum of professionalism from developers isn't wrong.  Professionalism isn't just about the way you deal with the end users of your product.  It also encompasses the way in which you work on that product, including proper testing.  That's not character assassination.  It's just fact.  As for this particular developer being a teenager, while that might present challenges, that doesn't mean that those challenges cannot be overcome (the entire BK series of games is definitive proof of that).  In the alternative, if it's too much for him to handle, and if asking for help is for whatever reason beyond his abilities, then perhaps waiting until his hormones and other factors that present problems are under reasonable control to start such a project would be a sound approach.

2021-02-24 15:51:01

I never meant to give the impression of like, tunmi, you're stupid, go fucking jump in front of a bus. I don't feel that way at all. He's not stupid, hell, I like most of his beats he puts out. It's just that he has no common sense when it comes to development and does these things that just end up screwing himself over. This right here would have been found within the first 30 seconds of playing the game.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-24 16:48:10

Agree 100 percent.
I like his projects, and honestly he wasn't even the one who told me that SB Pro existed. I found it while going through his site to make sure all the links worked just after the switch... I think. I don't remember exactly.
But I thought... Oh Cool! An offline thingy in python and a new idea, sounds interesting.
I really am wondering though, how'd that make it through the bug testing? I mean, how did he release it like that? Surely he would've come across the bug within 30 seconds of starting, and been like, "Oh Crap, It's broken! Better not release it."
Guess I'll ask him Friday when I come back to that group and talk to him again, or maybe if things work out and he actually logs in here and answers all our questions himself.
Also, @GrannyCheeseWheel, I wasn't targeting anyone in specific when I made whatever number post it was and said that we shouldn't call tunmi stupid and whatever else I said. I meant that as a whole we shouldn't bash him as a person for screwing up his projects.
To add my final comment, as a beta tester of GC, I think, and hope, that this time things are going to be different. He seems a lot more prepared than in past releases, and unlike the release of ROTU isn't scrambling to get stuff done. GC isn't a lag fest, there's all sorts of things to do, and even if you don't want to focus on the main part of the game there's other things, like just hanging out with other people in chat.
This time, I think we should all be looking forward to a generally smooth release.

-----

2021-02-25 01:55:25

@33 i agree. i really hope nun of you think i hate him to, i don't i really like his music as well, but i just wanted to state the fact lol.

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-25 02:59:15

Yep, that sorta rushy rushy get things out quickly attitude is exactly what happend with ROTU.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-25 10:07:49

did tell him how to fix the issue a while ago...

2021-02-25 16:28:07

@37, what issue?

-----

2021-02-25 16:32:21

same problem Mohamed outlined what caused the tracebacks  @38, The issue with the runtime here. In another topic about this

_____

2021-02-25 16:35:17 (edited by MatthewSmithYT 2021-02-25 16:37:09)

Ahh.
Think if he listened more to people over on this little forum we've got here that he'd get his questions answered pretty quick. Don't you?

-----

2021-02-25 18:36:03

I myself like most of his beats, and I did enjoy rodu, and bs before all the weird stuff was added, and I don't hate the guy, I just wish he would pay close attention to things, in this case errors.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-25 18:54:54

@41
Yeah his beats are nice. I've heard a new one that Conner and him are coming out with pretty soon and it's pretty good.
ROTU was really fun when it wasn't lagging, which, was about 2 percent of the time, and whenever it was lagging I just used it as a chat hangout.
I mean, over all except for this whole game he's gotten better about finding errors. He's come a long way from accidentally making an admin command available to regular players back in the good old days of Bloodstorm, if anyone still remembers that situation.
Good times!

-----

2021-02-25 20:08:53

y all Tunmi needs in general is more attension to detail, both in termns of the gameplay experience and bug catching.ROTU aside from the high lag if you weren't European or had a really high end internet connection was pretty good. Bloodstorm, that, that, ewhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhw. But yeah, honestl

_____

2021-02-25 21:12:36

I never had any lag issues with the old Bloodstorm. Several people have been telling me that it lagged a lot but me and Conner never had anything like that, especially with SBP.
BS, version 7, though, was a lot more laggy than even BTS was.
As the thing progressed it just got worse and worse, LOL.
ROTU, before the final version, lagged no matter what server it was being hosted on and no matter where in the world you lived, and no matter what kind of internet you had.
When sitting still I'd still get 3500 plus MS ping on that thing.
Don't miss the lag, but really miss the game in general. It served as an excellent chat and hangout spot for me, and when it wasn't lagging too terribly to play, I really enjoyed the content.

-----

2021-02-25 21:35:21

IDK, I never played BS when tunmi originally joined the project until much later, it was probably 4,4,2 or something, but back when mohamed first got it it wasn't too bad. The little thing was fun. It was fun kicking Chris Wright's ass LOL

_____

2021-02-25 21:38:59 (edited by MatthewSmithYT 2021-02-25 21:40:39)

LOL.
I've played that thing since February 28 2020 when I found out that audio games were a thing.
That's actually the first audio game I ever played, and that's why it's so important to me

@JayJay, I remember seeing you online first I think in June or July, a few weeks before we came up with the idea of the BS food shop or whatever it was... I forget.
Edit:
Does anyone other than me remember the days when you didn't have to play hide and seek with the store?

-----

2021-02-25 21:39:14

who's that, is that that christian96 fucker that talks openly about raping people. I don't like that guy. He's sick in the head.

Yeah tunmi is like 3/4 the way there, to get the final push, he just has to give up the pride and arrogance thing.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-25 21:45:55

@47
Yeah that guy's interesting to say the least. Christian 96 I mean. He was banned real quick.
Also Jaidon I think I joined at 3.0.8

-----

2021-02-25 22:35:21

@GCW, he's Chris on the forums here. AKA Slanan.

_____

2021-02-25 22:59:41

Chris Wright and Christian 96 are two different people. LOL
From what I've seen they don't act the same at all.

-----