2021-02-25 14:31:21

Lol, fun is not the word I'd use to describe Black Mirror. smile
I honestly could only watch one episode per day because this show really hit me sometimes.
But yes, I think they wanted to do six episodes, like in the previous seasons, and then decided to split them so that season five can be released earlier. That would mean there will be a season six.
@24 I would love to know what that weakest episode your friend liked so much is. But I think I'll wait until RTT has finished watching. It's strange, but I always hate people telling me they didn't like an episode I have not watched myself yet. It kinda ruins it a little because then you always look out for the bad stuff when you finally see it.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-02-25 14:43:30

Thanks. I’m watching crocodile at the moment.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-02-25 15:51:46

@targor, yeah that was the reason I avoided giving the specific name of the episode, as I think if you hear an episode isn’t great you go into it with a lot of preconceptions and then end up not really getting the most out of the episode.  I’ll drop you a PM with the episode name
@ RTT entertainment, if you haven’t already checked it out, the YouTube link I put in post 9 is definitely worth a watch, the guy does an explanation video of each Black Mirror episode, like I said he often picks up on fine detail which can be overlooked, along with some visual easter eggs or specific  visual details which aren’t always mentioned by audio description, he also just has a pretty good take on the general point each episode and its producers are trying to make. He does a video for each black mirror episode (or almost all of the episodes), but only watch his videos for the episodes you’ve already watched since there’s loads of spoilers, but often he picked up on really fine details or points I’d overlooked  which end up making the episode even more thought provoking, or disturbing in some cases! smile

Paul Lemm

2021-02-25 16:13:09

Thanks @28.
Random question. Will we be able to make our own black mirror episodes with sable?
Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Also, maybe there'll be an episode about screen reader accessibility.
Any theories as to what that would be like?

2021-02-25 17:35:34

@ RTT entertainment, I don’t want to take this off topic and turn it into a Sable conversation, but I would love to see someone come up with a black Mirror styled story and turn that into an RPG using Sable, that would be pretty awesome. As for your screen reader episode, I don’t think it would ever be dark enough a plot line to make into a Black Mirror episode. However, I don’t think you’ll have seen it in any of the episodes you’ve watched so far, but there is a bit of tech which pops up in various different forms  in different episodes  throughout Black Mirror called a cookie, I won’t spoil anything and say what it is or does, but I could potentially see how something like that might possibly be used to replace a screen reader for people living in the Black mirror universe .

2021-02-25 17:50:05

@30, fair enough. As soon as I get my hands on Sable, I'll try to make a black mirror style rpg.
Random question. Is there a way to have netflix notify you about shows that you like getting new content?
I mean like youtubes notifications but for specific shows. Also, I wonder if netflix could notify you when they release new interactive content. Imagine all the black mirror episodes being interactive.

2021-02-25 19:39:40

In Black Mirror, a screen reader episode would look like this: Some screen reader company finds out how to implant thoughts into your mind using hidden frequencies in your favorite speech engine. At first, they use that to implant thoughts of products into your brain, so called mind ads. But then, an evil hacker, who has been terribly wronged by technology in the past (maybe an autonomous car killed his cat) hacks into the voice output and, via mind control, forces you to use Microsoft Sam for the rest of your life. Episode Title: Blind Terror

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-02-26 16:34:25

@ RTT entertainment, in Netflix there is an option to add shows you like to  a feature they call ‘my List’. I believe that Netflix send notifications to you about any shows you have in  your ‘My list’
@Targor, love the dark take on how a screen reader  episode might look.