we invite you to have a look at our new company website
with all news for the new game.
https://www.mentalhome.eu/

all the best and see you soon
Hansjoerg

2021-02-20 23:48:55

What will the game be about?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-02-20 23:56:29

@2 you might want to have a look at their news page on their websight

2021-02-21 00:11:44

https://www.mentalhome.eu/looking-for-tester/

2021-02-21 01:00:09

Fellow forumights, this project seems interesting. From what I am reading, here is what I've gathered.
This game is sort of a soundscape explorer, but also more than that. The blog mentions challenges, such as in the jungle Island, if you make too much noise you attract a lion. The aim is to go to each island/soundscape, and come back with treasure.
It also appears this game has a sort of creation element, as it seems we'll be able to make islands then attack each other, however not directly, it's more a gold fest, not a player killing fest.

2021-02-21 01:14:35

That sounds really cool!

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-02-21 01:38:28

A heads up, I've tried to sign up but I don't know if the form got submitted. I completed my email address, and two sections, but when I clicked next, nothing happened. No response, the page didn't seem to do anything. So I am not sure if the form went through or if I even completed it.

2021-02-21 01:51:39

@mentalhome.eu
I really enjoyed Feer and so did my friends, but the consensus was that the large majority of the achievements in that game were too easy.
So while based on the previous game's quality I'll probably still play this one regardless, I do hope that if you use achievements/unlocks again, they are more challenging and unique this time.

2021-02-21 03:30:39

this is incredible actually.

I'm looking forward to it.

edit, I remember that a friend's girlfriend had scored 99,000 points in the feer and lost after a week disconnected from the game. lol

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-02-21 11:09:14 (edited by Dark 2021-02-21 18:11:55)

I still pull FEER out occasionally to rock along and dodge some zombies, so I'm looking forward to this one, indeed I've been wondering why we haven't heard more of Feer since the factory was created, now we know wy.

I've had a look at the blog entries and a listen to the samples and this one sounds fantastic, I particularly like the idea of the multiplayer being more in matter of exploring other people's locations rather than doing them in directly, just so long as there is always a way for you to progress without other people  doing your progress in too much, though I suspect the balance will be good enough.
I haven't yet worked out how the actual navigation around the environments comes, since I assume this is a first person game, with you avoiding obstacles and grabbing things, and I'm not sure of the controls on Ios, but we'll doubtlessly find out soon.

I actually was considering signing up for testing, but in this case I think I'll let others have the fun of going first and just wait to buy the game upon release, since it's nice to have something to look forward to in a couple of weeks, indeed if there is a way to buy the game before it comes out I'd be glad to do so.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-21 19:57:02

You'll deffinately see a purchase from me regarding this game when it is released... Please just make sure that it is in the south african app store also this time hahaha

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-02-21 20:53:02

lol people just go to their sight and read the stuff instead of posting posts like num2

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-22 00:04:53

@12 right on point, that is what I did and I had no reason to be an @2.

2021-02-22 10:11:44

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't have been too lazy to check the website. I was just on a Zoom Meeting when I casually checked the new releases and saw this topic. Then I was hoping that all the information would be in the post. But when it wasn't, I didn't properly check the website, but just threw out a quick post saying what the game was about.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-02-22 20:20:16

Hi.
I was too late to sign up for beta testing.
Wow, this game sounds really amazing. Multiplayer, in realtime, in an audiogame, on a mobile phone. Just, wow...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-02-23 14:20:40

Having another look, I think, I could be wrong here... but I think... that the actual exploration might be single player, but what you do to your island will be where the multiplayer comes in. So I'd create an island with obstacles and treasure for you all to then come and try to get some from me. You'd all then build up your islands and I'd get some treasure, add more stuff to mine. So it's not about me battling you all exactly, it's more like, oh, here's a level for you all to try and get a chest of treasure, but you gotta get past my lion, sort of a thing.

2021-02-23 15:27:51 (edited by mentalhome.eu 2021-02-23 15:31:30)

Now, a quick word here to the open questions. we are inmidst beta test preps.

Sonar Islands is a turnbased multiplayer, where you own an island or later in the game an island group, like all other players. For progressing in the game, you have to place treasure chests on every island, they produce gold.  And to fortify your treasure chests you have to place obstacles. The gold, you need therefore, you get with attacking other player´s islands or wait till your chests have produced enough.

The navigation on the islands is free walking, but like every island it is surrounded by the ocean. tap means walk, swipe down is a step back, rotating can be done in 3 different modes, swipe left or right, rotate with two fingers or the gyroscope. swiping up is the special feature, that differs on every island. sometimes it's a shield or a taser, sometimes its like a sonar ping to echo your surroundings. in case of the jungle island you can light a torch, that the lions step back.

hope to find one or two in the testers group, release will be march 2021, if the test goes well.
best hansjoerg from mentalhome
samples and blog www.mentalhome.eu/news

2021-02-23 15:42:01

Sounds good, I thought multiplayer in this one would mean thievery :d.

Just so long as their are some checks in place to make sure you don't get stolen from so often that you can't progress at all.

One thing I wonder, is whether a method of turning could be made using the direction facing feature of the phone? I really loved this in pappasangre 2, since it gave a major sense of emersion having to physically turn my body around to the direction I wanted to go, albeit it wasn't always practical to do, and in such detailed audio environments as the islands seem to be it might fit in well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-23 17:36:43

Hi @hansjoerg.
Thanks for the details. I look so much forward to give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-02-24 22:53:07

@dark
rotation is possible via gyroscope, that is exactly, what you describe.

@aaron
exploration of the island cannot be multiplayer in these times wink
islands beaches would be fully crowded.

2021-02-24 23:12:26 (edited by Dark 2021-02-25 01:55:59)

'Hans, that sounds awesome!
when you said "gyroscope", I thought you meant tilting the phone left and right.
If this is going to actually need you to stand up and physically turn in the direction you want to go, that is another awesome layer of emersion to the game, and an extra reason for me to look forward to the release.

2021-02-26 20:55:36

Guys, when I signed up for the beta vat form to play with android, but since it will be with apple, how can I send you my apple id? The email that I wrote in the form is from my play store account.

2021-02-26 23:25:07

Hi, @22 try sending an email with that info to [email protected]

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2021-02-27 01:19:57

Hi!  I hope you will be able to choose whether to turn with the gyro or do it with your fingers.  This is because I am often in the office in front of the switchboard or traveling on trains and getting up and turning around, or turning the phone would be impossible.

2021-02-27 02:49:28

@24
Hi, I saw in the support page that you'll be able to change that setting  in the game, so don't worry

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p