2021-02-23 12:35:42

Hi all, I justt finished an audio drama potcast and remembered a lot of you saying Leviathan Chronicles is great. I have just one question, and to avoid spoilers, I decided to create a new topic. I saw that you can either just listen to the podcast or you can buy the seasons, which gives you the directors cut. So, are there huge differences in the directors cut? Do they sound better? Or what are the advantages of buying it.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-02-23 12:38:10

There are bonus scenes in some episodes that you don't get in the podcast versions, and the season 3 director's cut gives you the ending theme as an isolated version.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-02-23 12:46:27

If I remember rightly, season 1's director's cut just removes adds and increases audio quality, so you could always listen to a few episodes from season 1, see if you like the series and buy the rest.

I would recommend it, it is a well put together series with an intriguing premise and some really awesome sequences, for all I had a few issues with season 3 leaving out some plots, dropping others and simplifying a couple of more grey characters, but still well worth it imho.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-23 13:47:00

If you want to purchase everything Leviathan has to offer, check out this bundle. It's a bit expensive, but worth every penny if you love the series like I do.

https://www.leviathanchronicles.com/shop/big-magilla/

Based off what I can gather, you won't receive advertisements and there are a few additional scenes in season 2 and 3. I've also been told the season 1 director's Cut includes the soapbox episodes and a few of the mini episodes that used to be on the podcast feed. Unfortunately, I purchased seasons 1 and 2 in 2016, so I don't have these episodes. I'd rather not purchase the same content again, so I'm okay with just having the complete story. It's very much worth it in my view and I hope there's more to come, since season 3 left some things unresolved.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2021-02-23 13:55:04

@Chris you're right, I forgot about the mini episodes and extra episodes.
Actually, you do rather need the extra episodes since they then come up a lot in season 2.

i ended up just buying everything myself, even though I'd originally heard season 1, but at that point it was more as a completest big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-23 14:40:05

I just checked and it appears they're working on something called The Rapscallion Agency which is about Lisette and her boyfriend from season 3. They're also working on another special episode called The Code which covers Jason Sterling's backstory. Unfortunately, the Kickstarter campaign is over, but I'll definitely be purchasing this stuff when it comes out on their website. I wish I had been made aware of the Kickstarter campaign earlier, but oh well.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2021-02-23 15:34:27

Nice to know there Chris, I'll be buying those too when they come out.
Actually, with what Lisette and clurrican were doing at the end of Season 3, that doesn't seem so surprising since again, that seemed very much like setup to me, and there were so many unfinished threads it wasn't funny.

Also, hopefully moving to a different format will let them get back a little of the factional nature and ambiguity in the previous series, since I did think season 3 got a bit obvious with who was good and who was evil as compared to seasons 1 and 2.

2021-02-23 16:56:23

If you can get season one episodes with a better audio quality, I#d say go get them.
The first few didn't sound that great. The sound design was OK, but the hole audio quality was abit meh.
Same with We're alive, I really hope that they would remaster the first few episodes.
The sound design in the hole series was generally ok, certainly not great, but the first few episodes are horible.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-23 17:34:16

Thanks for all your quick answers. Knowing me, I'll probably buy the whole thing. Better sound quality is always great.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.