2021-02-22 14:32:12 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2021-02-22 14:32:49)

As of the time of writing, I don't have the latest version of SFV installed, but I've heard reports (and now actual gameplay) showing that Capcom have (hopefully unintentionally) broken the audio for SFV.

Broken how, you might ask?  The game's previously stereo combat audio is now reduced to a completely mono field, excluding meter effects.  This means that it is now impossible to judge spacing and the like and, with SFV being a back to block fighter, will make blocking any attack much harder than it used to be.

I wanted to post this now just so that everyone is aware going in, hopefully a hotfix can be released soon and I, like others who've seen this first-hand, hope this is an unintentional bug on the Capcom end.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2021-02-22 15:26:29

Just button bash and you'll probably end up winning, that's the key for games like SF smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-02-22 15:50:22

@TheBlindSaiyan haha. Seriously though, button mashing has not worked for street fighter even in the sf4 days. Oh sure, I might get to approx the fourth stage in arcade mode on normal difficulty, but after a while if you don't know a character's moveset the AI would just get to you.

2021-02-22 15:55:54

@2 prett'tty untrue.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2021-02-22 16:08:02

I don't think this topic is in any way of ergent.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-22 16:17:11

button mashing always works if you are battling the robot/computer/autobot/whatever people calls it, However when coming to fight a sighted person, You don't stand a chance. Didn't play this game my self, But all mainstream games are like this.

2021-02-22 16:45:35

@Vulcan: IT can be, given stereo is such a crucial component.
AS for the bug, I' mpretty sure it's unintentional. EVen so, anyone using a good soundbar or a gaming headset is immediately going to notice, and they will ce pummeled with reports.

2021-02-22 16:46:12

rofls no, button mash will not lead you anywhere. yes you can do that to easy difficulty cpu but not to the harder one or other players.

2021-02-22 16:53:29

Urgent because if you have it on Steam, you could go in and have Steam not update the game, thus, you would not experience this issue. Though, if you play online, it may stop you from being able to connect, I don't know.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-22 17:08:29

Mohamed fighting a sighted person in a game is nothing if you know what you are doing. I used to play against my sighted brothers all the time, and it was a mixed bag of winning and losing.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-22 21:33:43

Can confirm this issue, on ps4at least. Not a game breaker for me, but definitely hoping for a fix soon.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-02-22 21:46:43

Yeah... not a world-ending issue, we played without stereo sound for over 20 years before it actually started becoming common. But, a fix would be nice.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2021-02-22 23:09:41

It's urgent if you play competitively

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-02-23 15:12:26

God. what the hell is wrong with these guys now.

I don't play SFV competitively but i know people who are blind and do. This will ruin the game for them.
It certainly ruins the game for me.

If none of you speak against this, then this will never change.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2021-02-23 16:28:32

I don't personally use twitter... but I hope people are tweeting the heck out of Capcom. That's the best place to voice these frustrations, and definitely agreed that this may be a more urgent matter for people who do play competetively.

2021-02-23 16:36:12

At 12 well true, but times and standards have changed, so something like, we played in mono 20 years ago is a flawed argument these days.
It's the year 2021 and we can at least expect some efford in sound design.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-27 12:01:14

Great news everyone, there's been official recognition from Capcom regarding this issue and a resolution is estimated to be available in the first week of March. So with all being well we should be back to playing SFV next week with no issues, hopefully.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2021-02-27 17:04:45

do not, button mash, otherwise my salad brother beat me a lot of times more than i can count, in mortal kombat.

2021-02-27 21:23:08

Glad this was proven to be unintentional after all, and even happier to ear of the fix. Hasn't stopped me from playing the last week or so though. smile Finally touched the game after a few months away, and I still love it.