2021-02-21 22:02:48

Yes I went and fucked them up with a vertibird, a tank, and an Ingulls.
Also, I'm 101% down to bring acmi corp back from the ashes.

2021-02-21 23:48:07 (edited by omer 2021-02-21 23:48:16)

o my god, i'M excited as fuck

2021-02-22 03:27:29

matt1211 wrote:

I only have one thing to say, and I think this youtube video expresses my feelings the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1s … IslandVEVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KMQi7 … e=emb_logo

2021-02-22 03:35:24

excellent! so will the game be further developed or is it just a case of sticking it up and that's it?

2021-02-22 03:40:10

darren wrote:

excellent! so will the game be further developed or is it just a case of sticking it up and that's it?

I will post something about this on the blog fairly soon.  I don't plan to actively work on the MOO version of Wayfar, it's more a reference for an updated version.  We'll see how it goes, but I figured it might as well be available to play.

2021-02-22 05:01:33

Do you know if you're gonna do a player wipe? It'd be fun to start from the beginning again.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-02-22 05:13:31

This is so awesome! Time to build the great Leonian  Empire!

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2021-02-22 10:10:40

Wow, thats wonderful!!
I've not played waifar too much cinse it closed right after I created my character, a few days later smile
I'm curious what are the differences between the two verssions of the game?
Do we have things like combat against npcs?

2021-02-22 11:31:53

@caio, If the version going up is the same as the one which was up before, there are plenty of npcs to slay, space pirates, random wildlife, there's even a character remort focused on killing creatures.
I'd actually like to see either an opt in/out pvp system, or pvp vs no pvp zones, so you don't get your colony blown up by random vandals, then again when I played the game seemed more than big enough for everyone who wanted, and even when I encountered other people's colonies on my planet there wasn't really a conflict.

For myself, I'm less interested in the pvp and just want to build and explore, indeed I never got quite to building my own starship previously, so would like to do that.
I also do hope we can start from the beginning since I do remember some of the commands took a bit of getting used to, and will need to get back into the swing of things again to do all that building and vehicle driving.

work on a new version would rock. One thing I never quite worked out was how to actually get my colony's population to do anything useful, even when I built administration buildings, so more management options would be nice, but obviously that's further down the line, for the time being, it'll be nice to just have the game back to play, indeed as a far more experienced mudder, it'll be interesting coming back to it now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-22 13:11:40

@DARK
wOW, THATS GREAT! i'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO PLAY THIS SORT OF GAME. SO I ASSUME SHIP COMBAT IS A THING?

2021-02-22 15:23:10

I never got to ship combat myself, but vehicle combat I did do, and yeah, it's definitely a thing. What's doubly awesome is combat is not stupidly fast as in some games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-22 15:29:00

I never got to play this because i didn't really start playing games until it went down, so now, I'm just so excited!

2021-02-22 15:41:24

How does population worked in this game?
I've played a similar game named Assault the high-tech war. The game's concept was good but what put me of was the fact that you could have a huge base but population wasn't a thing.

2021-02-22 16:18:50 (edited by Dark 2021-02-22 18:50:40)

@Caio, as I remember, once you have buildings built for your colony, people will come, you can even build extra civilian buildings like racetracks, cinemas and theatres to attract more people. You can I believe give them tasks like  harvesting , though I never personally found out how to manage them very well and most of the work in my colony was done by me big_smile.

Looking up that assault high tech war game you mentioned, that sounds far more an essential pvp fest with no npcs and an emphasis on player combat, as well as a game very heavily reliant on ascii maps.

When I played wayfar1444, though you could attack other players if you wanted and blow their stuff up, there wasn't really any  major benefit for doing so other than if you specifically wanted the land for yourself (though there was usually more than enough land to go around), or just if you were feeling aggressive.
By the same token, you could get valuable resources for slaying npc creatures or space pirates, and there was even a couple of remort options that specifically required you to do so.

I luckily never got attacked, and never attacked anyone else, and that pretty much suited me fine.

Eventually, it might be nice to either have pvp or none pvp planets, or maybe some sort of opt in, opt out system, but as it stands the game is probably big enough for various player preferences.

2021-02-22 22:40:06

Dark wrote:

W
will the game still have the command for finding biomes of specific type on your planet? I remember that was introduced just before the old version went down, and was really handy for when you couldn't see the text map.

Yep, nearby works just fine.  Overall I'm surprised how well it's working so far.  Email isn't online yet, but the game itself is up and running at wayfar1444.com on port 7777.  If you happen to remember your old password, feel free to login.  If not please be patient as it'll take me a day or two to get the email and DNS all setup.

2021-02-22 22:42:07

I don't mind doing a player reset as well, but that'll be later this week.

2021-02-23 07:59:40

I wonder if the mail stuff gets fixed will my character password be automaticaly mailed? Since i didn't have a character on the stuff which i can remember at least, i just created a new one, now waiting for the password to arrive.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-02-23 08:40:11

He's manually emailing them at this point, you might have gotten it by now. If you haven't you probably will tomorrow.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-02-23 08:50:55

ah, not yet, probably he's sleeping or whatnot. Or there is a huge influx of new char requests. I've never been more excited since a hero's call came out, that thing was very well overhiped.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-02-23 08:53:33

Email is not online, you will need to request a password for your email next week.  Just wanted to mention I appreciate all the early adopters trying out the game today.  But it's not open yet!

2021-02-23 09:28:54

I hope that you will have time to fix the DNS and email soon, I tried all the passwords I could think off and nothing worked.
I can't wait to play, good luck and thank you for bringing it back!

2021-02-23 11:33:15

if i remember rightly there was about 6 or 7 planets if i remember rightly. there was talk about making the game procedurally generated based on player base etc but am not sure about that. did that ever become a thing? if so then that makes game and planet count potentially limitless.

2021-02-23 11:35:41

is the url and port up to create an account already and if so, what is it?

2021-02-23 12:27:58

@48 You can log in if you remember your old password. The email to create a new character or to request your old password isn't active yet.
wayfar1444.com on port 7777.

2021-02-23 17:48:45

Lol wish I remembered my old account name and password..
I've only played the game for about a day.