2021-02-21 03:51:35

Hi. So today I found this game on tunmi13.ddns.net and it sounded pretty interesting, also the included tutorial did. But when I run it what ever I do after a few seconds there comes this python error box that always happens when a traceback occurs. I used the 2> command to get some info about the traceback. Here is what it threw out.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sb_pro.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "main.py", line 20, in main.main
  File "main.py", line 33, in main.mainmenu
  File "game.py", line 47, in game.game
  File "pothole.py", line 14, in pothole.spawn_pothole
  File "pothole.py", line 8, in pothole.pothole.__init__
  File "lucia\audio\bass\soundpool.py", line 317, in play_2d
  File "lucia\audio\bass\soundpool.py", line 397, in play_extended_2d
  File "lucia\audio\bass\soundpool.py", line 51, in update
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'position'

It kind off looks like it tries to interact with an empty variable/class. Is that only my problem or do other people have the same, and does the guy still exist and can fix it? Would be really sad cause it looked interesting.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-02-21 04:39:26

It's that way for me too.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-21 11:08:55

we'll have to wait till the game get's updated i guess...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-02-21 15:42:14

He doesn't know how to fix it. Probably because his code is a god awful mess to begin with.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-21 15:46:00

its a lucia problom with looping sounds in the sound_pool, if he uses the github version it has this bug fixed

2021-02-21 20:50:54

I don't even know what is more shocking. That this is there for a few days now or that this could not have been tested a lot since it happens on multiple people, so it must have happened on the dev as well.

ne fedde ladung alkohol

2021-02-21 21:45:59

Guys, haven't we learned yet what happens with software made from tunmi?  The guy gets to excited, beta tests the stuff with his group of friends, and they either give him proper feedback or just plane miss huge errors such as this.  I know the tunmi bashing train has come and gone, and I asure you that this post is not a bashing one, but a constructive one.  And I thought his stuff wasn't suppose to end up on this forum anyways.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-22 01:21:33 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-02-22 01:22:43)

That's an excellent point. How did somethibng like this make it to release if you saw such a  obvious crippling bug?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-22 01:36:18

i Talked to him on stw, and told him, he says yeah i no. nothing else aftor that.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-22 02:18:40

pffft, that figures.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-22 09:21:54

Wow, not a single topic can be created about Tunmi's games without people bitching about the games, bitching about him, bitching about his website. I'm so happy right now I never properly learned to code, but if I had, I wouldn't advertise my games on here.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-02-22 11:58:03 (edited by mohamed 2021-02-22 11:59:04)

i mean it's normal human nature when they be in somewhere not in work, Or somewhere where rules aren't scary, I'm prety sure no one will do stuff like this if stackoverflow did have a dev release page for example, Even if people hated the dev who's releasing they won't even talk like this because they know they may get dumpped out like a peace of garbage, So it  depends on how the administration team goes really about those things.

2021-02-22 16:12:46

Well num11, This problem has been mentioned for a while now and still not a fix?  Num9 said he spoke to him, and to get the kind of answer that he got makes it sound like he doesn't really care.  Otherwise he would have fixed the problem before releasing the product.  And you cant tell me an error such as that goes unseen by all his testers and himself.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-22 16:22:15

Yeah, does sound weird.
Then again, [and I cant believe I am saying this, being an admin of rotu], but I don't think Tunmi really understands efficient programming and testing. I think he's one of those guys who's just hardwired to know syntax that works in the best possible case.

Founder and Managing director of Vidyadrishti.
Check us out on twitter at https://twitter.com/vidya_drishti
Check us out on instagram at https://instagram.com/vd.vidyadrishti
Check my YouTube channel out at https://youtube.com/c/techwithphoenix

2021-02-22 16:42:23

It's clear that he doesn't.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-22 17:14:52 (edited by MatthewSmithYT 2021-02-22 17:25:57)

I don't really know how he missed this type of thing. I mean, it happens directly after starting the game.
I can tell you for sure that I didn't test this thing, and if I did I would've immediately told him of the issue.
Maybe he should take it off his site if it doesn't work...
Also I noticed on another topic that some of the people on this topic think I shouldn't be posting his games here. Honestly I agree with you. So I'll stop.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-02-22 18:00:43

connor142's post is the most constructive one in this topic. I don't know Tunmi. Based on his topics and projects, a lot of the sentiments here are valid. However, there is a more appropriate way to express your displeasure than continuously taking a shit on the guy (yes, that is *exactly* what you are doing). If you don't like his games or website or what have you and cannot communicate your dislike in a clear and civil manner, nothing forces you to reply. Move on. Pointing out someone's mistakes over and over only causes problems later on, such as this topic diverging from its original purpose (the traceback in the game).

2021-02-22 19:17:10

Upon reflection, @17, you are right.
I personally shouldn't've written what I did about him.
Then again, I cant apologize as he doesn't follow this place anymore.

Founder and Managing director of Vidyadrishti.
Check us out on twitter at https://twitter.com/vidya_drishti
Check us out on instagram at https://instagram.com/vd.vidyadrishti
Check my YouTube channel out at https://youtube.com/c/techwithphoenix

2021-02-22 19:21:58

He's the example of what you don't do as a developer. Why should we feel bad about this.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-23 04:32:01

Have to agree with Conner and Amerikranian here. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of his loudest critics, however this topic has been just shy of character assasination and attakcs. Look, we all know his practises both on a moral/professional and developmental standpoint is shaky to say the least, but I think continously following him whereever he goes dunking shit and antaganising him won't help him improve. If anything you'll just give him more fuel to go along. Most of his topics of late has been about general bitching and moaning, not about the releases, but about he himself. I'm not him and by the time I got to 6 or so I got tired2. Also, @7, that fore sure was a bitching post, there was literally nothing constructive about that post whatsoever. Eitherways, if you want him to stop or learn or whatever, just stop adding fuels to his fires. Stop engaging him. stop shitting on him. I mean, what happens if you shit in a clogged toilet?

_____

2021-02-23 17:25:44

I don't think @17 will agree, but we're bitching cause one of his game sjust doesn't work, if it would be a problem with the game, but a small one, i get it, but this makes it unplayable so, our bitching is for a good reason.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-02-23 17:38:23

GrannyCheeseWheel wrote:

He's the example of what you don't do as a developer. Why should we feel bad about this.

Because it's a humane thing to provide basic respect to somebody? Because you fail to consider us holding your history over your head and bringing it up every time you post? Because you're nobody to the guy and he cares little (if at all) for what you have to say do to the fact that you are a stranger and for all he or I or anybody know are an underaged female having one of her moods? Your opinion, at least when it comes to his character, is insignificant do to your previous interaction with Tunmi.
Also, there is that small fact that he's a teenager. I hate to use this as an excuse, but he is going through the "phase". Hormone changes, social instability, and countless other factors are influencing one's behavior at that age, circumstances which you apparently fail to consider. I can't believe that I'm arguing social restraint, but as I said before, there is a much better way to express your displeasure with his products: don't play them. If you don't like the guy, stop looking at things people post about whatever he does. You don't have to remind us all of your views because trust me, the entire forum is aware of your attitude by this point. If you're wondering, that's a bad thing. It just shows your fixation with setting Tunmi on the "right path". Notice the quotation marks and the sarcastic tone. What you view as correct may not align with his views. You have to let people live their own lives, make their own choices, and (hopefully) learn from their mistakes. Hounding them at every corner going "Remember this? Your practices are questionable at best. Oh yeh, your stuff sucks because you don't do things properly" encourages the opposite of change in teenagers. I am bringing his age into this again to highlight a point: he may simply lack the maturity you wish him to have. Is that bad? Let me pose a question to you: Were you so "wise" when you were young? If so, good for you. I hope you realize that few (if any) obtain said level of intelligence and wisdom at that age.
TLDR: If you wish to provide feedback, do so for the actual product rather than its developer. Stop raising futile points about somebody's character which can only lead to conflict. In short, be civil.

2021-02-23 17:44:01

I just saw  post 21.
I'm fully on board with complaining about the product. However, posts 4, 7, 10 (it just contributes to the overall "We're gonna dump shit on you" mood), 14, and 15 diverge from the product to talk trash about the developer rather than the game. Are they valid? In some aspects, perhaps, but the delivery and lack of connection destroy any original purpose they may have had

2021-02-23 17:57:50

With 23 here, if they had just kept with bashing the product and not the dev themself then I'd have agreed with your post, but the majority of this topic, after say, post 6 is just tunmi this tunmi that.

_____

2021-02-23 18:49:36

Personally I also agree with posts 11 and 17.
As tunmi's friend, even I don't agree with some of  the things he does.
In the case of the new website and the Radiology tools topics, I posted them because I found them useful.
I personally thought that people would want to know that he had a new site, because, for example, maybe one of the GC Beta testers wasn't really following things closely and didn't know about the switch. Lots of people that I know, when they found out about my music streams, wanted to know how to create a radio station.
So, I privately released a tutorial MP3 on how to set up icecast and edcast for radio streaming, and posted the topic on here just in case, and because I thought someone else might find it useful.

Lastly, about the actual issue of the topic, the error.
As I said a few posts ago, I have absolutely no idea how that sort of thing was missed and I also have no idea how it was released like that. He didn't have testers... Well maybe he did, either way I wasn't one, and if he had testers I don't know of them. Maybe the game worked when not compiled or something? Don't know why that would be the issue, but I guess it's possible.

So... Hope that clears some things up, so you won't be thinking I'm doing some "Ass kissing," or whatever.

To add something... I was writing this before the last few posts.
Here's what I'm going to add.

Look. I get why you guys are mad. He hasn't made the best decisions. But as post 22 and 23 said, we should have some respect for him, whether we like what he does or not.
Sure. Go ahead and bash his projects if you want. I've bashed projects of his before as well. But you still should respect him, and the fact that he could be going through a lot right now. Instead of saying how he's a bad dev, or how he can't manage a game, maybe attack it from a more peaceful approach. Suggest things, don't shove it down his face.
Tell him how he can improve, don't waste your time here arguing about this and that and whatever, trashing his entire character because he's not perfect.
As I said, I don't agree with quite a bit of what he does. But that doesn't give us the rights to trash him as a person.
Also... If you're in the mind-set that you've tried to help and he wouldn't listen... Sometimes I feel the same way. You're not the only one. Just wait and see what happens.
Give bits of advice. Don't shove it down his face, as I already said before. I'm not even saying that I don't do this. I've done it, you've maybe done it... Depending on who you are.
But anyways. This post is getting long. Enjoy your lunch, breakfast, dinner... Midnight snack. Whatever time of day it is over where you live.
I feel like I could've added something at the end of that to make it more better or interesting... But I can't think of anything. So.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69