2021-02-20 17:55:15

I know I'm just, really just starting on this installing those things, here and there, etc, but how can I make Komplete Kontrol to run as a plugin on Reaper? I've installed the Kompete starter free pack, but I don't know if that's the best way to start using NI's appliances and such.

73 Wj3u

2021-02-20 18:14:44

Load Komplete Kontrol VST in Reaper, and have at it with your MIDI controller.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-20 18:30:57

The thing about Komplete Kontrol is that you won't get to use the accessibility features they have unless you've got one of their controllers like the M32 or the A61 or any of the others they sell. What some people do is get the cheapest controller that Native Instruments sells and use it just for the accessibility features, and then they play their preferred controller.
Either way, you just add the Komplete Kontrol vst to a track and load up an instrument in the plugin.

2021-02-20 18:47:14

Assuming that you have installed everything through the Native Access app, always first load Komplete Kontrol as a stand-alone program so that it will scan for new content. When that's done, you can quit out of it and load it through Reaper as a VST. You may have to add the path to Reaper's VST path list. Assuming you did not change the install directory, it can be found here: C:\program files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

Once done, hit the rescan button, or press OK in the preferences dialog, quit out of Reaper and re-launch. Either method will scan for new plugins, which will now include Komplete Kontrol.

@3 is correct in that you cannot take advantage of the accessibility features without first owning a Komplete Kontrol model midi controller.

If you do own one of Native Instrument's Komplete Kontrol model midi controllers, you may notice that your transport buttons do not work. To fix this, go here and download the ReaKontrol plugin. Place this in %appdata%a\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins while Reaper is not running, then simply launch reaper with your controller already plugged in and now the buttons such as play, record, stop, loop, metronome and tempo now work. Of course, the buttons specifically for Maschine integration will still not work outside of Maschine.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-20 22:35:05

Thanks for the info, now it appears. I will have to get a control keyboard soon, however the price is somehow kind of? expensive. What are your recommendations for an accessible Kontrol keyboard so I can remember it when I'm ready to purchase?

73 Wj3u

2021-02-20 23:58:34

They're not all that bad until you start getting into the S series, which you don't really need.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-21 00:36:33

@electro, You'll likely probably just want the M32. It's the smallest, has 32 keys, and is also the cheapest. It's the best for portability.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.