2021-02-19 00:43:27

HI
I wanna contineu on the OBS guides, but frankly I don't know what to make. I know there's a lot left to cover, but I want suggestions.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-02-19 01:54:31 (edited by bryant 2021-02-19 01:55:01)

hi.
So i'm pretty new to OBS myself, having just downloaded it a few weeks ago. What I'd like to know is how to set it up to stream to YouTube. I see several youtube related things in the server combo box, but I'm not sure what to choose. My network might not be the greatest for streaming,  but I do want to give it a test run.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-02-19 09:44:42

that is in the first article I made here. It's the OBS setup guide.

2021-02-20 00:35:36

If you didn't cover these yet, they'd be helpful.

1. Streaming to OBS from a DAW, I personally use Reaper and it was written up somewhere, and I did it once, but I didn't save the setup because I'm dumb, and I have no idea where it was written up. Here somewhere, the Reaper list, somewhere or other.

2. Some more on sources, e.g. I think some people stream specific games by picking them as a source, but that's about all I know, I don't know how to do it or anything. Also I'm not sure if that covers everything, like audio and video and speech if it's an audio game. So for instance, say a game has sounds of its own but uses NVDA as speech, if you needed to add NVDA as another source if you wanted it heard, that would be useful to know.

2021-02-20 00:38:07

I'd also like to learn how to stream to Youtube with OBS. I'd also like to learn the reaper part the last poster spoke about.

2021-02-20 00:40:43

I don't get why you would want to learn streaming to youtube in a new guide, sence that was the very first guide I posted here.
I will look into the reaper part. Shouldn't be that difficult.

2021-02-20 00:51:15

You use ... I want to say ReaperCast? You put it on a track, I think I put mine on master, and then you have to set a source for ReaperCast left and right in OBS, I think. It's not really hard at all, I just don't remember it exactly. So it would be nice to have some place where my dumb lazy ass can go look it up if I need it.

2021-02-20 01:22:47

ok, I'l check that out right away

2021-02-20 01:39:31

I found a video explaining this. Did you have to download some vst's for OBS? This video says you need the standalone reaper plugins for OBS to handle with them.

2021-02-20 01:56:21

Maybe a video guide on setting up capture cards?

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-02-20 02:58:06

You want a video guide? I have a rittn guide up here already.

2021-02-20 05:03:04

I honestly don't remember, maybe. I wish I had it written down. I'll try to boot up the big machine downstairs tomorrow and take a look. Does it say where the VSTs for OBS should go? That way I can check that directory.

2021-02-20 08:00:28

Ok, so here's my problem. I followed exactly what to do to stream to youtube, however when I select the stream tab and press tab, I land on the ok button and there appears to be nothing else in the stream tab, just that list of tabs, ok, and cancel.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-02-20 15:20:24

@13
when you select stream tab, go shift tab and choose options. they are after cancel button if i say

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2021-02-20 18:26:38

they should be after pressing tab, is this the stream tab, as in advanced output, or the stream categorry.

2021-02-20 20:26:21

ok, I got that to work, but I am running into another problem.
Either the YouTube interface has changed since the writing of this article, or I am doing something wrong. When I go to my dashboard as the article instructs, I see nothing about a streaming key. I did try to click on the go live button and it says it might take my account 24 hours to get activated for live streaming. Does this apply to OBS?

2021-02-20 20:34:47

I'm pretty sure when your account's ready to go live, that's when the key shows up.

2021-02-20 22:59:32

That's a google thing, I DK why it happens, but you should find a stream key when your account is ready for live streaming.