2021-02-19 08:45:19

Hello guys. I finally took the plunge and decided to join discord. After getting used to the interface and how things work I can safely say that I am beginning to like it more and more, it might even become my preffered method of communication.
I've also stumbled upon bots, which sound cool and I'd like to play with some of them. The only bot I tried was a trivia one, and I had so much fun with it.
Do you like playing with bots? Which are your favorite ones?
Btw if you want to get in touch with me, my discord is mastodont#9522

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-02-19 08:49:50

Oh bots are there? I just created my account, but I forgot my friends and family are not there, so I thought there will be no use of it. I am confused regarding this. By the way, how to play with them? I am a complete newbie. I glanced that Discord tutorial, but haven't read it properly.

2021-02-19 09:15:18

Each bot has a caller, a sign that you must put before a command. Looking in the bot's information you should find the necessary sign and the commands you can send to the bot. I've seen some bots that simmulate rpg games, even pokemon. I haven't tested any of them yet but am planning to do it in the near future.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-02-19 10:28:04

Bot? I am use Mee6

2021-02-19 11:00:31

some recommended ones from me are:
ME6: multy use bot with features such as moderations custom messages in reactions to things etc...
Maple: a bot that responds to you when you ping it using a text generator, it is quite amusing.
Groovie: a bot that allows you to play music in VCs on your server, with premium this can be 24 7 which could allow for a radio channel...

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2021-02-19 11:38:37 (edited by Zarvox 2021-02-19 11:41:11)

I have actually built 3 discord bots of my own. One for the electronic game server, but it is trash because for now it is single server and extremely outdated. One for the Sequence Storm server which can play music from the soundtrack as well as announcer phrases, and it can talk like an announcer. And I have also built a bad ass mad libs bot. I know there are already some out there, but I wanted to do it justice and make one that would be more bad ass than the rest. This was my main attention at the beginning of the month, but I want to add more to it in the near future.
As for popular discord bots, I don't use any. A lot of them are bloated with crap that I don't need, and personally I think mee6 is just a spam bot. There are also bots that you literally type what you want them to say, as if they are a real person. Dumbest concept ever. And no, that's not how a personality disorder works. I would know because I have one.
I do think there are some cool bots out there though. I may look into one that can play monopoly.

2021-02-19 13:23:03

@5, what are the differents between mee6 and Groovie for playing music?

2021-02-19 20:18:31

I'm in a server that a friend of mine runs, which is mostly dedicated to her Twitch fanbase and other projects she's a part of.
The bot we primarily use is Tupperbox. Tupperbot is a bot dedicated to replacing user messages to emulate having multiple accounts.
This bot has its multiple uses, including the most obvious being for role-playing. In the server I'm in, we like to RP as characters from games she's played on her channel (mostly visual novels). In the case of my friend, she also uses it for acting out potential scenes for visual novels, as she is also a fellow VN dev herself.
You do have to set up the characters, or Tuppers as they're called, but once you've gone through that step, you're all set.
The best part is that Tuppers are universal, so as long as server B has Tupperbox in it, you can use your Tuppers from Server A, and vice-versa.

2021-02-22 15:59:19

What would be the best way for me to experience some of these bots?