2020-04-28 09:08:09

when i tried to install this game on my windows 7 system i get c:\Cerulean Blue Software\Little Boss' Lemonade Stand\Little Boss'
Lemonade Stand v0.6.2.exe
An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
Access is denied.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or
Abort to cancel installation.

Abort Retry Ignore why

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2021-02-18 15:50:41 (edited by Shiro 2021-02-18 15:51:59)

Good job! smile

And also, love what you have done with your site!

2021-02-18 16:05:38

Thanks Shiro!!

Even a blind lion still has his teeth and claws.

2021-02-19 03:16:44

glad to see this is a thing. lol

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2021-02-19 05:48:32

My God, this game is very addicting. Also, did I hear that right? You are making a side scrolling hack and slash RPG? Those are my three favorite words in the dictionary. I can’t wait!

2021-02-19 06:29:21

@dalen lewin
Hello and thank you so much for your support. I am so happy you are enjoying LBLS! I am indeed working on a 2D rpg, but it is not side-scrolling, but in a top-down form much like the style of NES versions of Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy.
You can follow @ceruleanblueso1 on twitter to stay current on latest developments on the DragonSong project and other upcoming titles From cerulean blue Softtware!
Your support shows that you believe in whatt I do and gives me both heart and encouragement. Thanks for believing in Cerulean Blue Software!
-Cerulean

2021-02-19 07:00:29

Oh, my mistake. While I have played some NES games, I’ve never played those particular ones because of that very reason. You have to know where you’re going and there weren’t many good audio cues. so, in terms of moving about the world in audio games, is the game you are making something like shadow Rhine and or planet saga?

2021-02-19 07:56:01

Please allow me to try to explain what I meant in post #81 about "top-down"
Imagine yourself on a 2 dimensional grid with coordinates X, Y.
Pressing up will move your character north, or up on the Y axis.
Pressing down moves you south or down on the Y axis.
Pressing right moves you east or right on the X axis.
Pressing left moves you west on the grid's X axis.
If this were a video game and not an audiogame, it would give the player a top-down perspective on the screen.
Manamon uses such a style as well.
I have not played the games you menttioned, but I am told shadowrineuses a top-down perspecttive as well.
In DragonSong, you can move around using the directional keys as I just described.
There will be objects such as treasures, NPC's or enemies. Some remain stationary, some move around in the same manner described above.
Each object will have a sound associated with it. As your character moves around the map, the volume and channels for the sounds will change according to your position relative to the object.
If the object is to your left, you will hear it in your left ear or on your left speaker. The opposite being ttrue for the right side.
If the object is above you, the object will sound more centered.
If the object is below you, it will sound centered, but at a slightly lowered pitch.
Special sounds will play in your right or left ear if the area opens up, for example, if you are following a wall on your left, the game will play a sound if the wall comes to an end on your left. The game will play a differend sound if there is no wall on your left and there is on your next step up or down.
The game will also emit sounds as your character approaches walls or barriers in the appropriate direction. these sounds increase in pitch the closer you get to the wall.
If you have a map of the area, you can use it to activate pre-made beacons to help guide you to specific places on that map. You can even add custom beacons by marking spots on your map.
Even without a map, you still have some help navigating the game world with the ability to pause the game and look around, which will tell you where nearby objects are relative to your position.
I hope this helps! If you have any suggestions as to this subject, feel free to reach out!
-Cerulean

2021-02-19 12:58:39

Hello.
People, this game countains trojan virus.
Windows defender notes me about this thing.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2021-02-19 14:00:45

@84: If this game's in BGT, it's probabbly a false positive since BGT games often get falsely flagged by antivirus software.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-02-19 14:36:05

@#84 Hello and thank you for being alert on behalf of your fellow players. No, my game does not contain malware, trojans or malicious software coding of any kind. The reason Smart screen filter and windows defender flag my apps as possibly dangerous is because I was not able to digitally sign my game. As an independant developer working from my home, I am finding it difficult to obtain a code signing certificate. These can be very expensive and the vetting process for individual developers is very time consuming. Since I only offer free titles at this time, I have not found it prudent to invest funds I really do not have into obtaining a code signing certificate. This will change in the upcomming months. for now, i can only assure you all that my games are safe to install and use. You can test this by allowing the download to proceed, and then scan the item with your favoritte antivirus and malware apps. If my games raise any flags, they will be because I am not a trusted microsoft developer. If you do see a warning that is different from what I described, Please visit the support page on my website and fill out a bug report and I will definately work to resolve it. Once again, I thank you for being so protective in regards to the safety of your fellow players and I really hope this post helps clear up your misconception.
Have a truly wonderful day!
-Cerulean

2021-02-19 14:41:27

peh smart screen is a total waste of space

2021-02-19 15:10:17

@#87 Agreed! It does make it hard for Lone wolf devs like me to toss our hats into the ring.

2021-02-19 15:18:09

Hey Cerulean.
I tried the game, nice little thing you've got going.
1 bug report and 1 suggestion.
If you try to enter a decimal number for the recipe, it causes a fatal error.
Also, can we get a way to skip the actual selling and just get to the summary at the end of the day?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-02-19 16:21:02

Cerulean wrote:

@#84 Hello and thank you for being alert on behalf of your fellow players. No, my game does not contain malware, trojans or malicious software coding of any kind. The reason Smart screen filter and windows defender flag my apps as possibly dangerous is because I was not able to digitally sign my game. As an independant developer working from my home, I am finding it difficult to obtain a code signing certificate. These can be very expensive and the vetting process for individual developers is very time consuming. Since I only offer free titles at this time, I have not found it prudent to invest funds I really do not have into obtaining a code signing certificate. This will change in the upcomming months. for now, i can only assure you all that my games are safe to install and use. You can test this by allowing the download to proceed, and then scan the item with your favoritte antivirus and malware apps. If my games raise any flags, they will be because I am not a trusted microsoft developer. If you do see a warning that is different from what I described, Please visit the support page on my website and fill out a bug report and I will definately work to resolve it. Once again, I thank you for being so protective in regards to the safety of your fellow players and I really hope this post helps clear up your misconception.
Have a truly wonderful day!
-Cerulean

Thank You for explain It to me.
I was worried, but everything is after Your explanation OK.

2021-02-19 18:41:40

@Cerulean: So which programming language are you coding in then if it's not BGT?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-02-19 19:17:32

Hi,
My question  is totally out of the blue, but how do you set a price at which you want to set the lemonade, because if i use 0, or anything else, like 02, it will put me at 2 dollars, rather than 2 cents.
I found out that full stop or period works, but only 05 works, and no other prices below a dollar.
No idea what's going on, full stops don't work how they should and the numbers get swapped automatically which I find annoying.
Am I doing something wrong?

I choose to be happy

2021-02-19 19:43:29

It is at the credits of this game and game was coded on Python.
It is strange, but It is just. Here is explained, that software wasn't signed and due to this, this was detected by some screen readers, as a virus.

2021-02-19 21:08:00

I sent you an email a little while ago, but I will give you the Cliff Notes version. This could be true on higher difficulties, but what if there were things to hinder your success? For example, on a cloudy day, it has a 50% chance of becoming a stormy day, cutting your sales short? Or maybe your ice machine breaks and you have to buy a new one

2021-02-20 00:08:23

OK then, my mistake. Looks like the cloudy to stormy feature was already there. Nice surprise.

2021-02-20 00:40:14

Deciding to get back to the game (there seems to be a newer version than the last time I checked), I can't but admire everything it offers given I'm a fan of simulation games, although the game freezes forever in a loading loop before presenting me with the logo which I can't skip too.
In fact, I suggest limiting the number of advertizing posters one can put per day to make things more realistic, especially in stormy days. You know, putting 200 to 300 posters in one single day are beyond the abilities of the strongest and most agile man on Earth, let alone a 10-year-old kid. By the way, such a number of posters can be easily bought if you're a good salesman and lemonade maker, with THE right ingredients always the same (5 lemons and 3 cups of sugar a gallon) with the right price or even a much higher one in crouded events, which brings me to the next point: having daily events is a cool thing in itself, but you should put some cooldown time between each of them or at least make them somewhat more reasonable occurrence-wise.
Anyway, I really loved the game as it shows to what extent a simulator can be fun and amazing with the right coding mind which I'm sure you already possess.
BTW, I'm really looking forward to that quiz game of yours (hopefully it gets released soon) as we still haven't had any serious game of the sort; I do remember a similar French TV competition we used to watch years ago which totally matches the description on your website so I can't wait to try it out as a game. Keep up the amazing work!

2021-03-05 18:02:10 (edited by Cerulean 2021-03-05 18:03:30)

Live in a dorm? Not allowed to install programs on the machine you use? No worries, Cerulean has got you covered! you can now enjoy Little Boss' Lemonade Stand in a portable version. Simply extract the files from our .zip file, available for download at www.ceruleanbluesoftware.com and click on little boss' lemonade stand.exe located within your newly extracted directory! Enjoy!

2021-03-05 22:02:02

Nice one. Won't take advantage of that, but I am sure it'll be useful for many.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-05-25 10:00:53

I am pleased to announce the release of LBLS for Linux!
This is actually my first ever Linux executable and I am both excited and interested in your feedback.
This version was tested and proven to run on 2 distinct distros of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. (The latest version of Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mate desktop, respectively.)
This is only available as a portable .zip file. You can get yours by visiting :
www.ceruleanbluesoftware.com/
Don't forget to stay up to date with the latest news on this and future titles by following us on twitter:
@ceruleanBlueso1
Much love to all of you! Hope you all are staying safe and healthy! Happy gaming!

2021-05-25 17:02:13

Great that you're continuing to work on this game.
Looking forward to your other projects!

Oh, and #freeGCW